Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Sportsline: Fresno @Liberty
Bookmark and Share
Tallgrass Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Congrats to WAC! Looks like two CUSA vs WAC contests! I look forward to them.

<a href='http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegefootball/bowls/predictions' target='_blank'>Sportsline</a>
11-13-2005 01:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

flipen Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Why would Boise rather come to Hawaii to play a CUSA team than stay home and play an ACC team?
11-13-2005 01:08 PM
jediwarrior Offline
1st String

I Root For:

I agree. And the sponsors of the MPC Bowl have made it clear that it's time for BSU to play on the Blue Turf again. Benson agrees.

Nevada will be going Bowling in Hawaii this year.
11-13-2005 05:34 PM
Roughrider Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

flipen Wrote:Why would Boise rather come to Hawaii to play a CUSA team than stay home and play an ACC team?
Because we would win?! :laugh: Don't know if we're playing good enough right now to beat an ACC team.

Biut Bensen has made it clear that we're staying home because the MPC bowl committee has been persistent in trying to get Boise to stay home for the first time in 3 years. He said on the radio last week that it's 99% sure.
11-13-2005 09:09 PM
Advertisement

WAC_FAN Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Baseball Genius

Hawaii Bowl actually prefers not to have Boise. Just because WAC teams that have already travelled to the islands are unlikely to have their fans travel again in the same season. I would guess that Nevada has the inside track to the Hawaii Bowl this year.
11-13-2005 11:43 PM
wolf pack 1 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

There is still a lot to be decided on the bowl situation and everything else that is going on. To get three teams in, Fresno has to go somewhere else and if they stumble who knows what will happen.

I think next week things will have a cleaner picture.
11-14-2005 12:53 AM
johnnylightnin Offline
Huh?

I Root For: Louisiana Tech

CFN has Nevada going to the Houston Bowl. With all the open spots left by the SEC and maybe a few from the Big XII, I could see there being some "regional" invites. As a Tech fan, I hope for this: Tech beats Boise at home...I'd love a win at Fresno too, but it probably won't matter. If Tech can beat Boise, I bet the situation would play out like this if Fresno continues to play the way they are playing...

Boise-MPC
Nevada-Sheraton Hawaii (although we know you'd love to play in the Poinsetta bowl...could have an opening if Navy doesn't go).
Fresno-I'd say Liberty is the best bet...of course, I'd love to see them play somebody like TCU.
Louisiana Tech-will be hoping to get the crumbs falling off the table. Interesting voids left by the SEC are the Houston Bowl and in the Independence Bowl. I believe GMAC has the option of taking a WAC team...let's face it, a UCF/Tech match-up would be much better attended than any CUSA/MAC match-up.

Anyway, here's the CFN url:

<a href='http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2005/Bowls/Bowl_Projections.htm' target='_blank'>http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2005/Bo...Projections.htm</a>
11-14-2005 07:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
broncobob Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Broncos

Crappies

CFN is almost always wrong...they have outlandish predictions to get reactions....
11-14-2005 11:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.