Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

My WAC PIcks...
Bookmark and Share
goBulldogs01 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

....no real surprises this week.
BOISE VS. NMSU
I definitely think Boise will whip up on NMSU, just too much skill at the positions, and momentum. New mexico st is a ways away from competing w/boise. Will boise be caught looking to next week's showdown with Fresno?......no. Maybe NMSU can keep it decent, as they run a similar offense, and it will be similar to what they are used to facing in practice, who knows. But a good game for Boise to get polished up for Fresno. I expect it to be pretty bland play calling boise, if they score just running the basics they will. They will not give Fresno any advantage. Plus I must pull for Boise because we want them undefeated for our showdown of showdowns.
ONE WEEK LEFT BOISE!!

LT VS UTAH ST.
...I think LT will prevail with the win. LT has just played another level of competition than Utah state. Their fans are great and will definitely help Utah st. Utah has a really good run defense so if LT is to win, it'll have to be thru the air, Utah's weakness. But if LT has some TO's ,as they have been prone to do from time to time, it'll make a sure victory into a tough game. Utah will be right in it. But it just depends if LT gives the game away. LT to win but it'll be a close one.

NEVADA VS. HAWAII
....Best game of the week!! Both on the brink for differant reasons. Nevada thought it was the year to get over the hump, and just tripped over it. Will Nevada have a let down? Shouldnt be too bad. It wasnt even close w/boise so now they can concentrate on winning out, and maybe getting a share of the WAC crown. Crazier things have happened. Hawaii is playing for pride and are in a must win situation for their bowl game. A loss here and it's good bye Hawaii bowl. We all know how Hawaii is on the mainland. Another toss up game .I may have to give it to hawaii who has played all 3 top WAC teams ,lost all 3 ,but that was to the top teams. They have a nice defense and a great WR in Bess, damn he's good. Qb WILL be good, but is young and makes mistakes that lack of experience brings.

FRESNO VS SAN JOSE
.....Fresno is pretty banged up, we have two defensive lineman trying to heal up by BOise. One may be gone for the season. Our kicker is coming along but I think they will rest him as well for boise. Our injuried WR is alos practicing but once again no risk are being taken in awaiting OUR game of the year with the blue boys. San jose can score, but are just outmatched in this one, Fresno is too solid all the way around. Our special teams are killer, plus it's a home game. The rivalry??....has been become the Broncos-no doubt. Once again if Fresno can score by running it all night, then thats what they'll do- as they also will not give Boise any kind of advantage. Fresno wins this one big.

...so those are my picks love to hear your opinions. I know some are Homer picks. Enjoy the weeks games fellas!! 04-cheers
11-03-2005 04:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ejmpalle Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Utah State

Boise St clobbers NMSU in it's rebuilding year. (Hopefully the rebuilding is quick and not long and drawn out.)
Fresno St clobber SJSU. Boise St's margin of victory will be greater than this game's margin.
Nevada beats Hawaii in a nail-biter. Many fears are calmed in Reno, at least this week. People of Reno, don't you realize that the Pack has a team that is worth seeing in person? Fill McKay!
Utah St squeaks out a victory over La Tech. OK, I'm a homer and I admit it. :saber:
11-03-2005 04:54 PM
USU78 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Boazy beats the NewMags by 28+. NewMags started the year with an impossibly unfair schedule for a new crew with a new system to install. Give 'em 2 more years and this is a more competetive game. High octane passing from a bunch of kids recruited to run the ball in the SBC. Insanity!

The Fresno kids found what it's like to bring a great team to the islands and escape with your tookas intact. San Jose, for all their individual talent and speed, aren't ready for this game yet. Give 'em a couple of years under the new system, though. San Jose always could get good talent. Fresno beats 'em by 21+.

Nevada falls prey to island fever in a close one (less than 10), as the Gremlins make the 'pack's wings fall off.

[Image: stitch.jpg]

LaTech is horrible at altitude on the road. I don't know why. They can compete at sea level though. Problem is, Logan's at almost 5K'. In a war, USU wins by < 7 (if USU plays a perfect game and all the stars align properly).

[Image: blizzard%2012-03%20-%2001.JPG]
11-03-2005 05:04 PM
johnnylightnin Offline
Huh?

I Root For: Louisiana Tech

Boise wins easily
Fresno has more trouble than they thought w/ San Jose, but wins anyway
Louisiana Tech freshman Patrick Jackson and Sophomore Mark Dillard combine for 350 rushing yards and Tech wins...okay, I'll actually take a 1 point victory in this one. But, I do think Tech will win, but it might be close.
11-03-2005 06:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BroncoJunky Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

BOISE - Blow Out
FRESNO - 10 to 15 point win
NEVADA - Maybe an OT game (close in any case)
UTAH ST. - Just because I feel an upset
11-03-2005 06:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Roughrider Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

johnnylightnin Wrote:Boise wins easily
Fresno has more trouble than they thought w/ San Jose, but wins anyway
Louisiana Tech freshman Patrick Jackson and Sophomore Mark Dillard combine for 350 rushing yards and Tech wins...okay, I'll actually take a 1 point victory in this one. But, I do think Tech will win, but it might be close.
I'm betting USU's run D won't allow anywhere close to those numbers. Expect a fight, it should be a good game.

Boise better beat the spread but this is a trap game attitude wise

Fresno beats SJSU but doesn't cover the spread

USU wins a close one

Pack beats Hawaii at home
11-03-2005 06:27 PM
WAC_FAN Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Baseball Genius

My picks are the same as yours:

Boise - Definitely trap game for Boise. (In terms of attitude) NMSU has found it's offense lately and might make things close for awhile, but I think Boise can win this one even when sleepwalking.

Fresno - Blowout win vs. SJSU.

LaTech - Road game at altitude could be semi-dangerous, but expect LaTech to win in a fairly close game.

Hawaii - But only because I'm a homer. I hear the game time temperature is supposed to be 33 degrees! WTF? Damn that WAC scheduler for not scheduling our Reno trip earlier in the season! Nevada should win on paper as Hawaii has never won there on the road.
11-03-2005 06:59 PM
jediwarrior Offline
1st String

I Root For:

BSU blows out NMSU. NMSU has talent but also has holes. BSU will exploit the holes. Watch out for this team in 2 years. The "no huddle" scares me.

Fresno beats SJSU. SJSU has a great coaching staff and will begin recruiting "big time" players for California. Tomey could always recruit CA., but his location makes recruiting easier. Not ready for Fresno yet though. Fresno by 4 TD's.

Nevada beats Hawaii when the Hawaiian kids begin to experience frostbite.

USU and La Tech? Haven't seen USU play...but I'm very impressed with La Tech's "O" line and RB's. Have to go with La. Tech. Their line with control the game.
11-03-2005 07:13 PM
aggiesports Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

goBulldogs01 Wrote:....no real surprises this week.
BOISE VS. NMSU
I definitely think Boise will whip up on NMSU, just too much skill at the positions, and momentum. New mexico st is a ways away from competing w/boise. Will boise be caught looking to next week's showdown with Fresno?......no. Maybe NMSU can keep it decent, as they run a similar offense, and it will be similar to what they are used to facing in practice, who knows. But a good game for Boise to get polished up for Fresno. I expect it to be pretty bland play calling boise, if they score just running the basics they will. They will not give Fresno any advantage. Plus I must pull for Boise because we want them undefeated for our showdown of showdowns.
ONE WEEK LEFT BOISE!!

LT VS UTAH ST.
...I think LT will prevail with the win. LT has just played another level of competition than Utah state. Their fans are great and will definitely help Utah st. Utah has a really good run defense so if LT is to win, it'll have to be thru the air, Utah's weakness. But if LT has some TO's ,as they have been prone to do from time to time, it'll make a sure victory into a tough game. Utah will be right in it. But it just depends if LT gives the game away. LT to win but it'll be a close one.

NEVADA VS. HAWAII
....Best game of the week!! Both on the brink for differant reasons. Nevada thought it was the year to get over the hump, and just tripped over it. Will Nevada have a let down? Shouldnt be too bad. It wasnt even close w/boise so now they can concentrate on winning out, and maybe getting a share of the WAC crown. Crazier things have happened. Hawaii is playing for pride and are in a must win situation for their bowl game. A loss here and it's good bye Hawaii bowl. We all know how Hawaii is on the mainland. Another toss up game .I may have to give it to hawaii who has played all 3 top WAC teams ,lost all 3 ,but that was to the top teams. They have a nice defense and a great WR in Bess, damn he's good. Qb WILL be good, but is young and makes mistakes that lack of experience brings.

FRESNO VS SAN JOSE
.....Fresno is pretty banged up, we have two defensive lineman trying to heal up by BOise. One may be gone for the season. Our kicker is coming along but I think they will rest him as well for boise. Our injuried WR is alos practicing but once again no risk are being taken in awaiting OUR game of the year with the blue boys. San jose can score, but are just outmatched in this one, Fresno is too solid all the way around. Our special teams are killer, plus it's a home game. The rivalry??....has been become the Broncos-no doubt. Once again if Fresno can score by running it all night, then thats what they'll do- as they also will not give Boise any kind of advantage. Fresno wins this one big.

...so those are my picks love to hear your opinions. I know some are Homer picks. Enjoy the weeks games fellas!! 04-cheers
"LT has just played another level of competition than Utah state. "[B]

I beg to differ. -- with respect

Let's look at the schedules:

La Tech 3 @ Florida 41
USU 3 @ Alabama 35

Sidenote: Florida 3 @ Alabama 31

La Tech 14 @ Kansas 34
USU 7 @ Utah 31

Very comparable opponents this year.

Common Opponents?

San Jose 14 @ La Tech 31
San Jose 17 @ USU 24

La Tech has played Hawaii, New Mexico St. Nevada
We've played Fresno St.. Boise St. and Idaho

Advantage Utah State.

Overall, I would say Utah State has played MUCH tougher competition at this point in the season. Also, the game is playing in Logan. Predictions on tonights weather are calling for snow showers and a high of 29 degrees!!! Just kidding....it's going to be a pleasant afternoon.

Utah State wins this game.

FWIW - IMHO
11-03-2005 08:19 PM
Advertisement

goBulldogs01 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

....yea my thought was more an over all picture. That LT has gone to some good schools year after year. They shouldnt get rattled by a loud crowd. BUt a nice breakdown comparison of this year. With the teams you have played should have help your team gain some confidence. Young teams just dont know how to finish most of the time. Does Utah st have alot of seniors this year?

[Image: 0201048030-t.jpg]
11-03-2005 11:56 PM
wolf pack 1 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

WAC_FAN Wrote:Hawaii - But only because I'm a homer. I hear the game time temperature is supposed to be 33 degrees! WTF? Damn that WAC scheduler for not scheduling our Reno trip earlier in the season! Nevada should win on paper as Hawaii has never won there on the road.
I have absolutely no idea where you heard that one.

Its suppose to be in the 50s at game time and warming into the 60s as the game goes on. No rain but there could be some wind for the game.
11-04-2005 12:40 AM
Slapdad Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

33 is the forecasted low for Saturday and the high should be around 61....sounds chili. Speaking of chili, let me say right now that I shall be named king of the first Wolfpackchat.com chili cookoff! Count on it!
11-04-2005 02:03 AM
Bronco85 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: COI, BSU

"...sounds chili. Speaking of chili, let me say right now that I shall be named king of the first Wolfpackchat.com chili cookoff! Count on it!" Slapdad

Yeah, one of the recruits told my cousin's friend you said that. He also said you bragged that you would be "dancing on the hood of Battleborne's Kia Rio" when you won. Don't you guys ever learn?

By the way, avoid those exotic Guatamalan peppers at the chili cook off or you could be hearing the voice of Johnny Cash.

Keep the faith, Slappy
11-04-2005 11:48 AM
Advertisement

WildBlue Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

goBulldogs01 Wrote:Does Utah st have alot of seniors this year?
Only 13 seniors on the roster and fewer than that on the field. We've played 20 underclassmen and started 10 so far.

The Aggies are young and spirited, but somewhat small and lacking in experience. But it's not always the size of the dog in the fight, etc., etc.
11-04-2005 12:26 PM
clpack Offline
1st String

I Root For: Nevada

Bronco85 Wrote:Yeah, one of the recruits told my cousin's friend you said that. He also said you bragged that you would be "dancing on the hood of Battleborne's Kia Rio" when you won. Don't you guys ever learn?
These rumors are getting a bit out of hand. For clarification, Slapdad claimed that he would be "dancing on the hood of wolfin1's Bronco" (he never got the chance, however, because wolfin1 traded it in on a Nissan). And in regard to Boise's secondary, Spencer said that he admired them so much, he would like to "sketch" them.

BTW, what trivial statements are the Broncos using for motivation this week? :rolleyes:
11-04-2005 12:34 PM
Bronco85 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: COI, BSU

Well CL, and this is confidential, but I heard that Hal Mumme always chooses the rice over a potato when he gets a steak at the Sizzler. Heck, that disrespects the whole state of Idaho! Our boys ain't sittin' still for that kind of slap in the face! I heard from a recruit's mother's bridge partner that Jimmy Cottrell said he never liked Iowa. We all know that people who live outside the Pacific Northwest like to use the terms "Iowa", "Idaho" and "Ohio" interchangeably, so of course he must of been dissin' BSU (after all we are the COU, right Vandies). Gol durn it, we'll bust 80 on them disrespectfull Aggies.

It was a good thing PSU was so nice!
11-04-2005 06:35 PM
WAC_FAN Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Baseball Genius

Quote:Its suppose to be in the 50s at game time and warming into the 60s as the game goes on. No rain but there could be some wind for the game.

The Hawaii paper was saying 33. I live on the mainland now and I consider 50-60's beautiful weather, but when I was in Hawaii--if it were 60, I'd want to bring out the parka. (Except that being in Hawaii no one had winter clothes, so you'd stay home under the covers all day)
11-04-2005 06:48 PM
wolf pack 1 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Maybe for the low temp but right now suppose to be in the low 60s but it appears it might be windy so the weather won't be as bad as last time when Hawaii came and we had some mist falling in the area.

However I think it will be a good game but I see Nevada winning a close one.
11-04-2005 07:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.