Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

La Tech fans....
Bookmark and Share
ejmpalle Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Utah State

Any idea on why I can't post on your board? I signed in and it said I wasn't allowed to post. That was in the football forum. Any suggestions?
10-31-2005 11:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bulldawgs03 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

at http://www.latechbbb.com?

not sure why it wouldn't work unless you were tryin to get into the recruiting folder
10-31-2005 01:27 PM
johnnylightnin Offline
Huh?

I Root For: Louisiana Tech

One of our administrators checks this board from time to time (I don't know how often), but I'm sure he'll send you a private message or something. Sorry about that.
10-31-2005 01:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ejmpalle Offline
Special Teams

bulldawgs03 Wrote:at http://www.latechbbb.com?

not sure why it wouldn't work unless you were tryin to get into the recruiting folder
Yes at latechbbb

I'm not sure either. I don't have the time to dig into it. I'm not familiar with that board's format.
10-31-2005 02:08 PM
aggiesports Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

I'm just going to converse with the La Tech fans here....they seem pretty reasonable..... :)

I get the feeling (from the La Tech Board) that their fans think their team is going to be able to just show up in Logan and leave with a win. Nothing wrong with that. That's why you are La Tech fans.
I'm an Aggie fan...and I am predicting an Aggie win on Saturday. In fact, call me Joe Namoth (Sp?)....but....just kidding! :D

I think this is a very close game in the making. Here's to one that is injury free!! 04-cheers
10-31-2005 04:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
USU78 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Some info on USU's team for our Eastern B-Dog brethren (since they won't let us post at their forum -- I signed up last Thursday and still haven't gotten a response):

Defense: USU runs a 4-3 and a mix of zone and man coverages, with some zone blitz available. Defense plays pretty well at home, though Boazy lit USU up through the air 2 weeks ago. Here is the personnel:

Line: Tackles are Soi (# 54 6'3 318 Prop 48 Fr.)(21 tckles 2.5 sacks 2 FF 1 Blocked Kick) and Reid (# 79 6'1 302 So. 1L)(12 tackles 1 sack 1 Blocked Kick), backed up by Maile (# 57 6'1 260 So. 1L)(9 tackles 5-1/2 TFL). Ends are Fano (# 56 6'1 260 Sr. 3L)(18 tackles 1 sack 1 FR) and Chick (# 37 6'4 257 Sr. 3L)(26 tackles 9 TFL 6.5 sacks), backed up by Calderwood (# 58 6'1 243 Fr. RS 11 tackles), Howard (# 97 6'1 250 Fr. RS)(4 tackles 1/2 TFL) and Gates (# 90 6'4 260 Sr. 3L)(4 tackles 1 sack). The tackles are awfully tough, especially Soi who takes 2 blockers most plays. Chick is a crazy man and leads the league in TFL and sacks. This is USU's strength.

Linebackers: Brookter (# 49 6'1 228 Sr. 2L)(23 tackles 1 sack), Wiser (# 51 6'0 227 Sr. 3L)(59 tackles 5 TFL 2 FR) and Hutton (# 53 6'0 215 Fr. HS)(59 tackles 6.5 TFL 2 FF) start, backed up by part-time starter Hall (# 45 6'3 200 Fr. HS)(26 tackles 1 sack), Fields (# 47 5'9 210 Fr. HS)(5 tackles 1-1/2 TFL) and Anderson (# 42 6'1 218 So. 1L)(5 tackles), the latter a HS hurdles champ in Utah. These kids run well, but lack explosive power. They will chip away at you, though. Youth and lack of a killer hitter has hurt some.

Backs: Washington (# 9 5'11 193 Jr. 2L)(43 tackles 1 INT) and Bala (# 26 5'11 190 Sr. 3L)(34 tackles) are your safeties, backed up by C. Taylor (# 39 6'4 190 Fr. HS)(5 tackles) and Taylor (# 24 6'1 203 So. 1L)(35 tackles 1 FR). Corners are depleted a bit through injury, but include J. Taylor (# 23 6'0 180 Fr. HS)(4 tackles in 1st game @ Bama) and Bush (# 21 6'1 192 Sr. 1L)(36 tackles 2 INT), backed up by Lamb (# 29 6'3 188 Sr. 3L)(11 tackles) and Pearson (# 12 6'0 162 So. JC), who will be seeing his first action. It's always exciting playing new kids at cornerback -- and Boazy, for example, made USU pay for leaving 'em on an island. We'll see how the young Ags respond to LaTech's passing game.

My prediction? Tech gets held to about 100-105 rushing, and makes up for it by passing for about 250. Ags get 1 pick. LaTech scores 28-31.

Offense: USU runs a variety of packages, the most successful for the rushing game being a double tight double wide with 1 RB or single tight with I backs. USU's best yardage production (ca. 300 yards) came against 'Bama's impressive defense, 150 rushing and 150 passing. Here are the kids:

Line: Penn (# 72 6'3 313 Sr. 3L), DeQuillettes (# 75 6'3 280 Sr. 3L), George (# 60 6'2 260 Sr. 3L), Jorgensen (# 63 6'5 314 So. 1L) and Hoke (# 77 6'9 297 Fr. RS) start (DeQuillettes and George are new at these positions this year having been DT and TE last several years), backed up by Cin (# 76 6'5 314 Jr. 2L), Tonnemacher (# 67 5'4 270 Fr. HS), DelaDurantey (# 62 6'3 313 Jr. 1L), Collins (# 66 6'3 292 Jr. JC) and Pahu'a (# 66 6'5 315 Jr. JC). They only allowed 1 sack and 4 QHs against 'Bama. Cin is back from injury finally and DelaDurantey is starting to assert himself.

Receivers: Stephens (# 87 6'5 254 Jr. 2L)(7 catches 14.1 ypc 1 TD) has recovered his starting position at TE, backed up by Fausel (# 84 6'3 256 So. 1L)(2 catches 6.0 ypc). J. Bohm will play some (# 88 6'3 265 So. 1L)(4 catches 7.5 ypc). Robinson (# 6 6'0 190 So. 1L)(21 catches 16.0 ypc 6 TDs) and Pennyman (# 1 5'9 163 Jr. 2L)(36 catches 11.5 ypc 2 TDs) start, backed up by Richards (# 19 5'10 187 Jr. 1L)(10 catches 11.3 ypc) and Nelson (# 14 6'2 204 Fr. RS)(no catches yet, but his Dad keeps telling me they've designed a couple of plays for him, just haven't run 'em yet). A nice, but not overpoweringly deep group. The two main kids can compete with anyone. Stephens is a load if he catches on the run.

Backs: Johnson (# 25 6'1 222 Fr. RS)(1.9 ypc, 3 catches 11.0 ypc) is a tough kid, but has no moves. Nice hands. J. Bohm backs him up. R. Bohm (# 17 5'11 202 Fr. HS)(4.1 ypc, 1 TD, 11 catches 6.9 ypc) had a nice game @ Tuscaloosa (94 yards 17 carries). He's backed up by Forbes (# 2 5'11 192 So. 1L)( 2.8 ypc 1 TD, 10 catches 5.8 ypc), last year's starter. We haven't got an overpowering back running the ball. But the Bohm kid is a nice athlete, an all-state HS QB who led his team in rushing. At QB the story doesn't end with Jackson (# 7 6'2 190 So. 1L)(2.3 ypc, 56.7% completions, 8 TDs, 6 INTs, 163.6 ypg), who's a nice, tough competitor and a quick surge if you let him get by your initial hit. Superfrosh Walker (# 8 6'0 185 Fr. HS)(3.7 ypc, 53.8% 1 TD 0 INT, 11.4 ypg) is a nice change-up. Seems to be a big faster than Jackson.

My prediction? USU rushes for 115, passes for 235, and there are no INTs by Tech. USU scores 24-31.

The line is LaTech -8 on Monday. USU beats the spread and wins 28-27.
10-31-2005 05:25 PM
Advertisement

jay2000 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

neutral field, tech wins by 7. in ruston, 14 or 21.

in utah, i dont know. we always play bad out west. if we win it will be single digits. i am expecting a close game, and hoping for a win.

ill go tech 16, utah st. 14.
10-31-2005 05:27 PM
USU78 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Frank Maile, USU's So. backup at DT, is out with a broken ankle suffered @ Tuscaloosa.

Dammit.
10-31-2005 05:40 PM
johnnylightnin Offline
Huh?

I wouldn't be fooled by some of the predictions on our board. Most fans know that this has the potential to be a very close game. I'm hoping we figure out whatever it is that makes us travel so poorly. I'll take a 1 point victory and be satisfied. This game will likely be too close for me to enjoy, but I predict Tech will win...somehow.
10-31-2005 09:52 PM
titan Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

johnnylightnin Wrote:I wouldn't be fooled by some of the predictions on our board. Most fans know that this has the potential to be a very close game. I'm hoping we figure out whatever it is that makes us travel so poorly. I'll take a 1 point victory and be satisfied. This game will likely be too close for me to enjoy, but I predict Tech will win...somehow.
Question for Utah St fans - Is it going to be cold and wet in Logan this weekend? The forecast for Boise is showers and 47 so I'm guessing you guys will get something close to that.

If so it should be interesting to watch our Louisiana brethren deal with the cold weather.
10-31-2005 11:38 PM
Broncoguy Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Boise is forcast for rain or rain and snow mixed for Fri. and
Sat. That means if the storm coming in from the Pacific extends far enough south into Utah Logan will have SNOW.
Im betting on the AGGIES.
11-01-2005 10:08 AM
Advertisement

johnnylightnin Offline
Huh?

Louisiana Boys love snow!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I could make it to the game. If I'm not mistaken, Tech and Utah State have played the same number of games in snow this year. So, I'm less concerned about the weather than I am about altitude.
11-01-2005 10:15 AM
ejmpalle Offline
Special Teams

johnnylightnin Wrote:Louisiana Boys love snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I wish I could make it to the game.  If I'm not mistaken, Tech and Utah State have played the same number of games in snow this year.  So, I'm less concerned about the weather than I am about altitude.
The way the Aggies have been playing at home, the altitude should be the least of the Bulldogs' concerns. It should be a great game. IMHO, Utah St will win at least one of the two home games with Nevada and La Tech. Might as well be the first game.

BTW, this is the message I get when I try to post on Latechbbb...

"ejmpalle, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation. "
11-01-2005 10:29 AM
broncobob Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Broncos

Crappies

ejmpalle Wrote:
johnnylightnin Wrote:Louisiana Boys love snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I wish I could make it to the game.  If I'm not mistaken, Tech and Utah State have played the same number of games in snow this year.  So, I'm less concerned about the weather than I am about altitude.
The way the Aggies have been playing at home, the altitude should be the least of the Bulldogs' concerns. It should be a great game. IMHO, Utah St will win at least one of the two home games with Nevada and La Tech. Might as well be the first game.

BTW, this is the message I get when I try to post on Latechbbb...

"ejmpalle, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation. "
Too bad that LaTech has not converted to the Scout.com franchise.
Sure makes it easy when you just have to sign up one time and then you can posts on all the boards in the WAC.
Wish Nevada had scout.com instead of rivals too.
11-01-2005 01:02 PM
USU78 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Quote:Too bad that LaTech has not converted to the Scout.com franchise.  Sure makes it easy when you just have to sign up one time and then you can posts on all the boards in the WAC.  Wish Nevada had scout.com instead of rivals too.

I have no problem with scout vs. rivals, I just wish those who have it would have administrators either less paranoid of flamers or more active that would allow for discussion.

The Techsters just seem blamed unfriendly when they do this.

I doubt it's really the case.
11-01-2005 01:26 PM
johnnylightnin Offline
Huh?

If our admins are doing a little extra screening, I assure you that it is for a good reason and it probably has very little to do with fans of the schools we are playing. Our board is going through some renovations right now...I wouldn't change our board for the world! At least 1 USU fan is already posting...I'm hoping all of you who would like to post get the opportunity to.

Go Dawgs...run the table!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
11-01-2005 01:44 PM
Advertisement

Dwayne From Minden Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: LA TECH

Not doing any screening -

Evidently, thos who have NOT been able to post have NOT followed the REGISTRATION process correctly -

I checked all the NEW registrations and FIXED anyone who looked like a Utah State fan and they should have the ability to post now -

We like ourformat - we looked at scout and rivals before we decided on the php format that we now use - which is basically what K-State and Texas use - we LIKE having TOTAL control and INDEPENDENCE -

If anyone has any problems registering - they can email me at

dwaynerwoodard@hotmail.com

and I will try and help them -
11-03-2005 10:14 AM
badgerwolf Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Dwayne From Minden Wrote:Not doing any screening -

Evidently, thos who have NOT been able to post have NOT followed the REGISTRATION process correctly -

I checked all the NEW registrations and FIXED anyone who looked like a Utah State fan and they should have the ability to post now -

We like ourformat - we looked at scout and rivals before we decided on the php format that we now use - which is basically what K-State and Texas use - we LIKE having TOTAL control and INDEPENDENCE -

Hey Northern Aggies -- Dwayne is one of the good guys on the Tech board; he has never to my knowledge deleted any of my posts. I do not post often, but when I do there is no problem.

You have a good board Dwayne! Now go delete all of my red dots, please . . . LOL!!!!
11-03-2005 11:52 AM
Dwayne From Minden Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: LA TECH

badgerwolf Wrote:

and I will try and help them  -
Hey Northern Aggies -- Dwayne is one of the good guys on the Tech board; he has never to my knowledge deleted any of my posts. I do not post often, but when I do there is no problem.

You have a good board Dwayne! Now go delete all of my red dots, please . . . LOL!!!!
Us administrators love the DOTS - green or red - it amazes us how IMPORTANT they are to some of the posters -

It keeps the masses busy when the "news" gets slow -

Wear it as a BADGE of honor - you and Plum Mean Green should feel proud!

Thanks for the compliments -
11-03-2005 12:58 PM
ejmpalle Offline
Special Teams

Dwayne? How do I get enough access so that I can post? I've got a user name and password. I can log in. I can't post at all, however. I posted earlier in this thread saying what happens when I try to post. I don't want to go through the registration process again. I registered months ago, and I don't remember what steps I followed.
11-03-2005 01:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.