Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Boise State fans are torn this weekend
Bookmark and Share
BlueManBronco Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I think most Boise State fans must be torn this weekend between who to root for in the Hawaii vs. Fresno State game. :D

Some Boise State fans surely are rooting for Fresno State. In the hope that Fresno State and Boise State can meet up in a few weeks with only one loss for Fresno State (and a high national ranking) so that Boise State can then defeat them. :D

And other Boise State fans are almost certainly rooting for Hawaii. Because a win by Hawaii and a win by Boise State this weekend would put Boise State into sole possession of first place in the W.A.C. with a 4-0 conference record (assuming BSU beats Nevada today). :D
10-29-2005 11:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Vandal9570 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

'In the hope that Fresno State and Boise State can meet up in a few weeks with only one loss for Fresno State (and a high national ranking) so that Boise State can then defeat them.'

Shouldn't Boise State fans be more concerned about beating a 4-0 (WAC) Nevada team this weekend? Just seems that projecting a big championship showdown with FSU is a little premature.
10-29-2005 01:53 PM
Vandal9570 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Or not.

Broncos lead the Pack 14-0.
10-29-2005 03:04 PM
jediwarrior Offline
1st String

I Root For:

If you wanted to beat BSU, you had to catch them early when Z was in a funk.

But, I think it's fair to say that: HE'S BACK....
10-29-2005 04:38 PM
BlueManBronco Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Vandal9570 Wrote:'In the hope that Fresno State and Boise State can meet up in a few weeks with only one loss for Fresno State (and a high national ranking) so that Boise State can then defeat them.'

Shouldn't Boise State fans be more concerned about beating a 4-0 (WAC) Nevada team this weekend? Just seems that projecting a big championship showdown with FSU is a little premature.
Leave it to the average brain-dead Vandull to credit Nevada with a 4-0 record when they were actually 3-0. Nice job. :D

And no, I (for one) was not concerned about beating Nevada. Which is why I bet $100 on the broncos and gave 20 1/2 points. If you studied the past five games between BSU and Nevada you'd know it is no contest as to who is the better team. BSU has outscored Nevada something like 250 to 45 in the last five games between these two teams. Repeat...no contest.03-razz

BTW, I would personally like to thank the imbecilic player for Nevada who was quoted in the paper this week as saying "The W.A.C. crown still goes thru Fresno".......many, many, many thanks to that nitwit. He has awoken a "sleeping giant". :D

P.S. Right now I am really trying to watch this game between Idaho and NMS....really, I'm TRYING to watch it....but it is just so damned boring I may just fall asleep. :laugh:
10-29-2005 08:20 PM
Advertisement

Slapdad Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

"BTW, I would personally like to thank the imbecilic player for Nevada who was quoted in the paper this week as saying "The W.A.C. crown still goes thru Fresno".......many, many, many thanks to that nitwit. He has awoken a "sleeping giant". "

Where is that quote? I've heard a lot of BSU fans all worked up about Nevada fans disrespecting BSU, but everything I've read (and as one BSU fan on BroncoCountry mentioned as well), all I've seen from Pack players and coaches is respect given to BSU. What gives?

BroncoBob, what is the deal with all the BSU fans over there? BSU stomps Nevada at home and all I see from BSU fans is fans shoving it in Ault's face, talk about Nevada WR's stepping on toes (which I still haven't seen after re-watching the tape), and talk about Nevada trash talking??? What's going on over there?
10-30-2005 12:54 AM
Broncoguy Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

There is a article in todays, (Sunday) Idaho Statesman about
the trash talking coming out of Reno this week, evidently upset the Broncos including Coach Hawk, and that dude never gets upset.
Go to "idahostatesman. com" and read it yourself.

THE BRONCOS ARE BACK

04-cheers
10-30-2005 10:18 AM
johnnylightnin Offline
Huh?

I Root For: Louisiana Tech

Keep on winning Broncos. I want your next WAC loss to happen in the same place that your last WAC loss happened...ask Fresno, it's tough to play in The Joe!!!!!!! Wooohoooo....but seriously, I knew that BSU was going to be a force this year. I apologize for thinking that Nevada would cover the spread. With Hawk and the talent he's recruited, BSU can beat anybody (especially in conference) anytime. It's looking like the end of the year in this conference might be a lot of fun to watch.

Go Dawgs...Go Broncos...until you get Ruston! 04-bow
10-30-2005 11:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
clpack Offline
1st String

I Root For: Nevada

Here's <a href='http://www.idahostatesman.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051030/NEWS0301/510300381/1037/NEWS03' target='_blank'>The Article</a>.

Their 'evidence' of trash talking amounts to: 1) a comment to a recruit more than a year ago (a comment about being optimistic, rather than anything negative about Boise....and I figure much worse things than that are said during recruiting battles anyway, don't you?); and 2) a vague reference to someone calling Boise's secondary 'sketchy' (I never read the actual quote, but that doesn't seem like much to get worked up about).

I'm puzzled too. Where are all these quotes by Ault and others? Every comment I've heard indicates Nevada has a lot of respect for Boise. Is Hawkins playing this up as a motivational tool? Is there some miscommunication going on? Is Boise a little too sensitive? Or are Nevada fans being kept out of the loop? 03-confused
10-30-2005 11:15 AM
Advertisement

Vandal9570 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

"Leave it to the average brain-dead Vandull to credit Nevada with a 4-0 record when they were actually 3-0. Nice job."

Easy there - it's a pretty minor mistake. I'm not a poster that's gone out of my way to antagonize the Broncos or lay down cheap smack. My point is: don't look past anyone. This is still a BSU team that struggled through Portland State at home. Congrats on the Nevada win - looks like the Broncos are really hitting their stride at the right time of the season.

"And no, I (for one) was not concerned about beating Nevada. Which is why I bet $100 on the broncos and gave 20 1/2 points."

Just curious - if you're a betting man, how did you do on that Georgia game? Where's that icon you abuse? Oh, here it is: :D Damn! Just had to contradict my first paragraph...

"P.S. Right now I am really trying to watch this game between Idaho and NMS....really, I'm TRYING to watch it....but it is just so damned boring I may just fall asleep."

Care to comment on this one after the game? Not exactly high-profile teams with a championship implication, but pretty entertaining football. At least ESPN liked it: Idaho's game-winning two-point conversion made their top-ten plays of the day. You can still catch it this morning on Sports Center. It might bring back some painful Idaho/BSU two-point conversion flashbacks, though.
10-30-2005 12:33 PM
broncobob Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Broncos

Crappies

Slapdad Wrote:"BTW, I would personally like to thank the imbecilic player for Nevada who was quoted in the paper this week as saying "The W.A.C. crown still goes thru Fresno".......many, many, many thanks to that nitwit. He has awoken a "sleeping giant". "

Where is that quote? I've heard a lot of BSU fans all worked up about Nevada fans disrespecting BSU, but everything I've read (and as one BSU fan on BroncoCountry mentioned as well), all I've seen from Pack players and coaches is respect given to BSU. What gives?

BroncoBob, what is the deal with all the BSU fans over there? BSU stomps Nevada at home and all I see from BSU fans is fans shoving it in Ault's face, talk about Nevada WR's stepping on toes (which I still haven't seen after re-watching the tape), and talk about Nevada trash talking??? What's going on over there?
Slapdad, don't you have any really rowdy smack-talking fans on Wolf Packchat? Don't let a few of the smack guys color your opinion of the average Bronco fan. It is just like sports talk radio ran by the shock jocks. Postive opinions don't get a lot of responses, so most posters have a negative slant to their posts.

Personally, I just enjoyed a great college football game along with my tailgating buddies.
We really did not talk any smack and enjoyed the one WolfPack fan in my section who was very vocal. He was really loud and cheered for his team a lot, but he did so with a smile on his face and most of the fans in our section smiled back.

Heck, we are all college football fans, we have that in common. I wish the boards were more positive in nature, but they are not and I can't change them. I am not going to delete the negative posts.

Just know that most of the negative posts on boards to not represent the majority of fans.

Can't play the game with the opponents. Can't win Conference Championships without the schools banding together to form conferences. We should cheer for our conference mates. We are all in this together.......
10-30-2005 01:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
nvspuds Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Boise football as the victim of disrespect is getting awfully old...It's obvious that Hawkins uses this chip on the shoulder, we don't get respect stuff to motivate his players..It works...It's also incredibly demeaning to his players..They are really good but he has to work them up on some perceived hurt to get them to play well? Give me a break.
10-30-2005 02:39 PM
broncobob Offline
1st String

Crappies

nvspuds Wrote:Boise football as the victim of disrespect is getting awfully old...It's obvious that Hawkins uses this chip on the shoulder, we don't get respect stuff to motivate his players..It works...It's also incredibly demeaning to his players..They are really good but he has to work them up on some perceived hurt to get them to play well? Give me a break.
Whatever works man! There are always 2 views!
One from the top looking down and one from the bottom looking up!
10-30-2005 04:52 PM
Advertisement

nvspuds Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Bob..Your team is great..Hawkins is a great coach..I have no complaints about 90% of his schtick..You won the game yesterday which is no surprise..I just wonder why Hawkins feels the need to bring up imagined hurt feelings?

Boise has most of the best players in the WAC. It just seems like Hawkins wants folks to think his motivational skills are the difference..I am guessing it's actually the players who win the games..
10-30-2005 05:42 PM
broncobob Offline
1st String

Crappies

nvspuds Wrote:Bob..Your team is great..Hawkins is a great coach..I have no complaints about 90% of his schtick..You won the game yesterday which is no surprise..I just wonder why Hawkins feels the need to bring up imagined hurt feelings?

Boise has most of the best players in the WAC. It just seems like Hawkins wants folks to think his motivational skills are the difference..I am guessing it's actually the players who win the games..
Mike Price went into UTEP and produced a winner in one year with most of the same players that lost games the prior year. I have countless examples...Kragthorpe at Tulsa, his dad at Idaho State....

Coaches are the ones that know how to motivate the players.
Boise State has the 12th winniest football program in the NCAA D1A. They have won at every level and I can count the coaches that are responsible on one hand.

Ault is a good coach and a proven winner, he will turn the Pack football teams into winners. He is a lot better coach than Tormey.......
10-31-2005 09:50 AM
nvspuds Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Bob..Between Nevada and Boise, who do you think has the better players? If the coaches switched teams for that game, who would have won?

Hawkins is a fine coach but it always comes down to talent in the long run.
10-31-2005 11:27 AM
WAC_FAN Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Baseball Genius

Hey! How did a Fresno-Hawaii thread get hijacked into Boise-Nevada?

(That Fresno-Boise game is looking better and better in a couple of weeks.)
10-31-2005 12:28 PM
broncobob Offline
1st String

Crappies

nvspuds Wrote:Bob..Between Nevada and Boise, who do you think has the better players? If the coaches switched teams for that game, who would have won?

Hawkins is a fine coach but it always comes down to talent in the long run.
I think if they traded players and gave the coaches a year to put in their systems....Hawk would have beat Ault by only 2 touchdowns......
10-31-2005 07:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.