Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Global Warming blamed for Fires in Cal.
Bookmark and Share
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU
Global Warming blamed for Fires in Cal.
Harry Reid and Jamie Lee Curtis blaming global warming. What a bunch of dumb $hits. Because evironmentalists did not let the do controlled burns, the underbrush was never kept in check. Second, arsonists setting fires is not a global warming problem. On a good note, looks like they shot and killed one of the bastards setting the fires. When people like this go unchecked, these stupid thoughts become "truths".
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2007 09:22 PM by klake87.)
10-25-2007 09:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EddieMoney Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU,Blues,Bucs
RE: Global Warming blamed for Fires in Cal.
global warming has nothing to do with this, wow people surprise me
10-25-2007 09:34 PM
armour248 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
wait they shot one of the arsonists? Link?
10-25-2007 09:40 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
This world is shot if you dipshits are going to be our next politicans and/or business leaders.
10-25-2007 09:41 PM
Big_Man Offline
Destroyer

I Root For: Chicago
klake87 Wrote:Harry Reid and Jamie Lee Curtis blaming global warming. What a bunch of dumb $hits. Because evironmentalists did not let the do controlled burns, the underbrush was never kept in check. Second, arsonists setting fires is not a global warming problem. On a good note, looks like they shot and killed one of the bastards setting the fires. When people like this go unchecked, these stupid thoughts become "truths".

First, Jamie Lee Curtis never said anything about global warming she blamed the fires on the residents of California. Second, it is environmentalist not "evironmentalists".
10-25-2007 11:55 PM
BleedsHuskieRed Offline
All American

Donators
RobertN Wrote:This world is shot if you dipshits are going to be our next politicans and/or business leaders.
Do you really think global warming has anything to do with this? And about the controlled burns, ask any conservationist worth his balls and he will tell you small controlled burns and logging dead trees prevent these big ones from happening.
10-26-2007 01:11 AM
Advertisement

RobertN Offline
Legend

BleedsHuskieRed Wrote:
RobertN Wrote:This world is shot if you dipshits are going to be our next politicans and/or business leaders.
Do you really think global warming has anything to do with this? And about the controlled burns, ask any conservationist worth his balls and he will tell you small controlled burns and logging dead trees prevent these big ones from happening.
Yes at least partially. What about the drought that caused the vegetation to dry out. They have been in constant fire danger for the last 13 months. They never got the usual wet period last year. I am not saying one year makes it so but the number and severity. Also remember, I said global warming. I didn't say WHO/HOW global warming is happening just that it is(though I do believe it is mainly human). As I said. This planet is ****** up if you are our new business leaders and politicians. I figure there are too many that are too stupid and I have come to the conclusion this world is already dead.
(This post was last modified: 10-26-2007 07:47 AM by RobertN.)
10-26-2007 07:31 AM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
The fires have increased global warming, not the other way around. Global warming is simply not hot enough to start a fire. But, the damn fire sure heated the atmosphere, I'll tell you that! So, therefore, I am blaming all those rich California bleeding heart liberals for increasing global warming and destrying my environmental yin and yang. I am going to bill those bastards when I have to increase my carbon footprints this weekend. Oh goody, yet another reason to hate Californians!!
10-26-2007 07:47 AM
RobertN Offline
Legend

Dog Fan Wrote:The fires have increased global warming, not the other way around. Global warming is simply not hot enough to start a fire.
Read my post. I never said the increased "heat" from global warming directly lit the fire. That is rediculous. However, it is causing the drought which dries up the fuel for the fire causing it to burn-whether it was from some jerk off lighting it or lightning(which wasn't the case in this situation). As for the burning causing more you are correct.
10-26-2007 07:54 AM
RobertN Offline
Legend

The problem I see is that many of you that are commenting don't have any weather or climate knowlege but are making comments based on ignorance. I am not saying I am a genious about weather or climate like MD02 but I have at least taken a class or 2 so I at least know the basics of them before posting. I suggest taking a class or 2 in meteorology.
10-26-2007 08:13 AM
armour248 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
i think genius is one of the most frequently misspelled words lol
10-26-2007 08:21 AM
Advertisement

BleedsHuskieRed Offline
All American

Donators
RobertN Wrote:The problem I see is that many of you that are commenting don't have any weather or climate knowlege but are making comments based on ignorance. I am not saying I am a genious about weather or climate like MD02 but I have at least taken a class or 2 so I at least know the basics of them before posting. I suggest taking a class or 2 in meteorology.
I have never taken a meteorology class, but I have done forest conservation, and the fact that no one was doing that is why these fires are as bad as they are.
10-26-2007 09:24 AM
RobertN Offline
Legend

BleedsHuskieRed Wrote:
RobertN Wrote:The problem I see is that many of you that are commenting don't have any weather or climate knowlege but are making comments based on ignorance. I am not saying I am a genious about weather or climate like MD02 but I have at least taken a class or 2 so I at least know the basics of them before posting. I suggest taking a class or 2 in meteorology.
I have never taken a meteorology class, but I have done forest conservation, and the fact that no one was doing that is why these fires are as bad as they are.
Partially. Not everything is black and white. In this case, there a lot of factors that have gone into why it happened and a major drought plays a huge part of it. Prolonged droughts are some of the expectations from global warming. Have you not noticed differences in Chicago winters? They have not been nearly as bad as they have in the past in general. I know here in NE the snowfall has been way down and temps have been warmer than normal 2 years in a row. Look at Georgia. They are going to run out of drinking water in 3-4 months because of their severe drought. There are tons of examples of changing weather patterns which then change into climate changes. Pay attention. You WILL notice these things if you are paying attention.
10-26-2007 04:11 PM
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

So after all the talk about this disasterous hurricane season, is global warming improving. We were going to have all these huge storms, only one. None hitting the US. It scares me that people believe this crap.
10-26-2007 06:14 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

klake87 Wrote:So after all the talk about this disasterous hurricane season, is global warming improving. We were going to have all these huge storms, only one. None hitting the US. It scares me that people believe this crap.
That is why it is called GLOBAL warming. Despite what the Republicans tell you, the US isn't the only country in the world. No, not every year will things be bad but the number and severity increase over time(2 Cat 5 hurricanes did hit Mexico in the Gulf. The first time that has happened in recorded history). But I guess since you will NEVER believe anything is wrong and it is impossible to convince you that things are indeed changing. I will let you keep believing what you want. As I said, man is too stupid to do anything until it is too late. I have accepted that this world is doomed but I just sometimes hope that people will understand the issue and do what is right for humanity before things get out of hand.
10-26-2007 07:37 PM
HuskieFan84 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, White Sox
Hurricane season was better here Klake.. doesn't mean the weather was better everywhere else. Good lord, how can you not believe in global warming, do you at least understand evolution?
10-26-2007 09:05 PM
Advertisement

NIUHuskies09 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Donators
HuskieFan84 Wrote:Hurricane season was better here Klake.. doesn't mean the weather was better everywhere else. Good lord, how can you not believe in global warming, do you at least understand evolution?

Oh boy. First the environment, then politicians, and now religion. The S&N board is thrilled to have a triple threat on its hands.
(This post was last modified: 10-26-2007 09:17 PM by NIUHuskies09.)
10-26-2007 09:15 PM
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

HuskieFan84 Wrote:Hurricane season was better here Klake.. doesn't mean the weather was better everywhere else. Good lord, how can you not believe in global warming, do you at least understand evolution?

In the 70s they were talking about the return of the Ice Age. Now its globabl warming. Our evironment goes thru changes up and DOWN. Protecting out evironment is important but all the crap one way can be disproved by scientists the other way. Al Gore is your leader. Remember, he invented the internet or so he says.
10-27-2007 09:07 AM
huskiealum03 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU & Go Go Sox
has anyone seen the show on cnn called "planet in peril"? opinions?
10-27-2007 10:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Big_Man Offline
Destroyer

I Root For: Chicago
klake87 Wrote:

In the 70s they were talking about the return of the Ice Age. Now its globabl warming. Our evironment goes thru changes up and DOWN. Protecting out evironment is important but all the crap one way can be disproved by scientists the other way. Al Gore is your leader. Remember, he invented the internet or so he says.

Klake, it would be in your best interest to take a meteorology class at NIU or a local community college. I think you would be rudely awaken by the facts that can be presented about global warming from an actual meteorologist. Also, I think it is sad when someone will make a decision on a subject by simply disagreeing with a politician (Al Gore), rather than actually researching the topic. Most scientist actually believe global warming is a true phenomena. Also, what does Al Gore's comment about the internet have to do with global warming? If we want to play that game there are many republican politicians that have stated comments that don' quite fit the bill.

Case in point, "Is our children learning" - George Bush on education.
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2007 06:45 PM by Big_Man.)
10-28-2007 06:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.