Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bears v. Eagles
Bookmark and Share
NIUHuskies09 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Donators
Bears v. Eagles
as to who wins i'm torn. it's too early to think about the draft but i've got a broner for andre woodson

most importantly the ref is swoll cat Ed Hoculi so I'll enjoy the game regardless.
10-21-2007 03:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
RE: Bears v. Eagles
Stockton and Baldinger are the worst crew for FOX, I wish the radio and TV were better synched up.
10-21-2007 03:50 PM
NIUHuskies09 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Donators
dick stockton is an actual corpse. brian baldinger's pinkie is disgusting
10-21-2007 03:58 PM
epasnoopy Online
Diehard Huskie

I Root For: NIU Huskies
NIUHuskies09 Wrote:as to who wins i'm torn. it's too early to think about the draft but i've got a broner for andre woodson

most importantly the ref is swoll cat Ed Hoculi so I'll enjoy the game regardless.

Forget Woodson, get Brian Brohm.
10-21-2007 04:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NIUHuskies09 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Donators
epasnoopy Wrote:
NIUHuskies09 Wrote:as to who wins i'm torn. it's too early to think about the draft but i've got a broner for andre woodson

there's a chance that by the time of the draft andre woodson is the top qb on the board. however matt ryan of boston college will be the number 1 qb and in the top 5. brohm and woodson will be next and go from 5-10. the next group includes colt brennan, chad henne, among others. it all depends on where the bears pick and i feel that it will be between 8-14

scouts inc has them rated as Ryan-96 Woodson-95 and Brohm-94
10-21-2007 04:15 PM
Advertisement

HuskieTransfer07 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: N.I.U.
And people said we wouldn't have won the Super Bowl with Griese? BULL ****! I'm glad Griese is shutting those people up, Grossman is DONE, hasn't been heard of in weeks and this Bears team finally has life because of Griese
10-21-2007 06:20 PM
epasnoopy Online
Diehard Huskie

HuskieTransfer07 Wrote:And people said we wouldn't have won the Super Bowl with Griese? BULL ****! I'm glad Griese is shutting those people up, Grossman is DONE, hasn't been heard of in weeks and this Bears team finally has life because of Griese

If this team had any running game at all they would be winning more games. The Bears offense is relying on the passing game and Brian Greise to win games. Not that Griese is doing bad, i think the move was needed and the right call. But the Bears offense thrives on running the ball and is much more efficient when they can. Adrian Peterson had 5.3 ypc and Cedric Benson had 2.7 ypc tonight, which one should be carrying the ball more right now?
10-21-2007 06:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wolfe23 Offline
1st String

I Root For: HUSKIES
HuskieTransfer07 Wrote:And people said we wouldn't have won the Super Bowl with Griese? BULL ****! I'm glad Griese is shutting those people up, Grossman is DONE, hasn't been heard of in weeks and this Bears team finally has life because of Griese

10-21-2007 06:28 PM
epasnoopy Online
Diehard Huskie

NIUHuskies09 Wrote:
epasnoopy Wrote:

there's a chance that by the time of the draft andre woodson is the top qb on the board. however matt ryan of boston college will be the number 1 qb and in the top 5. brohm and woodson will be next and go from 5-10. the next group includes colt brennan, chad henne, among others. it all depends on where the bears pick and i feel that it will be between 8-14

scouts inc has them rated as Ryan-96 Woodson-95 and Brohm-94

Trade up, give someone Benson and our 1st round pick for a higher pick. If they don't want Benson then give them something else. Then the Bears could be aggressive in the free agency and get Michael Turner.
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2007 06:48 PM by epasnoopy.)
10-21-2007 06:40 PM
Advertisement

cyberdawg Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
It's been a very long, long time since the Bears have ever pulled a game outta their HighKnees when faced with such overwhelming odds against them in the final minute of play.

If anything, games like today's most often seem to go to the opposition performing miracles such as the one by Bears today.

Freakin Amazing.

I was reminded of Toledo's and Akron's last second improbable magic against NIU in key games which once meant something.
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2007 06:59 PM by cyberdawg.)
10-21-2007 06:57 PM
sugnug Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
JordanHuskie23 Wrote:

I admit it, I said Griese wouldn't do better than Grossman and I was wrong. I still don't think everything was Grossman's fault, but Griese is definitely playing better. A couple of interesting things...I think the problem with Grossman dropping snaps might have something to do with Kruetz - how can both qb's have problems dropping snaps? And did you hear Griese after the game mention his headphones in his helmet went out on the last drive? And he mentioned that might have been a fortunate thing!!! He called the plays and he threw downfield instead of across the field. I think Turner has got to go.
10-22-2007 01:03 PM
huskiealum03 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU & Go Go Sox
bears need to pickup some offensive line talent. although benson is struggling, his o-line isn't doing him any favors. they're just old and decrepit
10-22-2007 02:27 PM
niuco90 Offline
1st String

huskiealum03 Wrote:bears need to pickup some offensive line talent. although benson is struggling, his o-line isn't doing him any favors. they're just old and decrepit

Too bad they can't hold like they did on that last play on every play.
10-22-2007 02:46 PM
Advertisement

epasnoopy Online
Diehard Huskie

huskiealum03 Wrote:bears need to pickup some offensive line talent. although benson is struggling, his o-line isn't doing him any favors. they're just old and decrepit

Adrian Peterson doesn't seem to be struggling when he runs the ball (4.5 ypc). Bears are 30th in the league in rushing offense. It's hard to believe that the O-Line is that bad considering this is the same line that helped Jones rush for over 1,200 yards last season and the same line that went to the SB last season. I agree that they should pick up some o-linemen but Benson is the main problem.
10-22-2007 03:28 PM
HuskieRak Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU! NIU! NIU!
the biggest problem is Ron Turner, not Benson. The Oline is definitley struggling compared to last year. They're old and not getting any younger
Turner's play calling is so predictable. Hopefully the passing game the last few weeks will open up the run game a little more. I still believe Benson has the ability to be a good back in the NFL. He has shown numerous times in games, especially week 6 against a Top Rush Defense, that he could be good. He had 5 ypc in the 1st half. But then his dumb*** OC gives him 2 touches in the 3rd qtr.
He's not gonna be the back that we all wished we would get with the #4 pick, but he's better than his stats this year. I'd love a Burner-Benson duo but Angelo wont get rid of Benson for atleast one more season since it will show that he did a **** job in the draft.
10-22-2007 04:13 PM
epasnoopy Online
Diehard Huskie

HuskieRak Wrote:the biggest problem is Ron Turner, not Benson. The Oline is definitley struggling compared to last year. They're old and not getting any younger
Turner's play calling is so predictable. Hopefully the passing game the last few weeks will open up the run game a little more. I still believe Benson has the ability to be a good back in the NFL. He has shown numerous times in games, especially week 6 against a Top Rush Defense, that he could be good. He had 5 ypc in the 1st half. But then his dumb*** OC gives him 2 touches in the 3rd qtr.
He's not gonna be the back that we all wished we would get with the #4 pick, but he's better than his stats this year. I'd love a Burner-Benson duo but Angelo wont get rid of Benson for atleast one more season since it will show that he did a **** job in the draft.

Like i said earlier, somehow the Bears need to use Benson as a trade to get a higher pick in the draft so they can get a QB. I expect Griese will retire, Grossman will not be resigned, and the Bears seem reluctant to ever give Orton the chance so they'll need a new starting QB next season. Then by getting rid of Benson they could go after Michael Turner. Then use the rest of their draft picks to grab some more O-Linemen and whatever else they deem necessary.
10-22-2007 04:23 PM
clcfball11 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU!!!
Ron Turner really sucks...it should be so easy to move the football with the offensive weapons we have, and yet hes just now figuring some things out that work...benson proved last year that WHEN he has a hole he can get the tough yards...and i do definitely agree that he isnt living up to expectations, but at the same time, neither is the O-Line...at all. benson averaged i believe either 4.1 or 4.2 ypc last year when the o-line was blocking well and moving people. perhaps turner isnt putting benson in the best situation to succeed? either way, the running game HAS to get going if we are going to rip off a winning streak like we need to
10-22-2007 04:39 PM
HuskieTransfer07 Offline
Special Teams

Griese- 300.75 ypg, 8 TDs, 6 INTs, 62.6 COMP %, 7.38 YPA ... 86.0 QB Rating

Grossman- 166.6 ypg, 1 TD, 6 INTs, 52.8 COMP %, 5.63 YPA ... 45.2 QB Rating

nuff said ... The Bears have many more issues than their QB but I'm just glad I haven't seen Grossman's name in the paper for 4 weeks, what a relief. Makes me sick that guy actually started Super Bowl XLI for us, not saying Griese would have beat the Colts but I've been calling for Griese since the 2006 opener @ Green Bay and I'd start him over Grossman every time.
10-23-2007 01:06 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.