Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Top 25 action
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
Top 25 action
As long as UC takes care of business against Marshall we could easily slip into the Top 25 this weekend. Right now, Ball State is leading #24 Nebraska 31-28 after 3. #18 Louisville is getting destroyed at home by Syracuse 38-21. #20 Texas A&M got destroyed by Miami-FL and #21 Kentucky plays at Arkansas, though Arkansas is ahead of UC. Could get interesting!
09-22-2007 02:04 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Krocker Krapp Offline
Number 1 Starter

I Root For: RU, SJU, UConn
RE: Top 25 action
From a Big East point of view, we would simply see Louisville drop out of the Top 25 while Cincinnati moves into the Top 25, a trade of sorts. The way some of those pollsters vote, the Cardinals might drop out no matter what, even if they end up pulling off a miracle comeback at the end of this game.
09-22-2007 02:25 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
Florida 27 Ole Miss 24 10:40 remaining in the 4th quarter.
09-22-2007 02:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

Krocker Krapp Wrote:From a Big East point of view, we would simply see Louisville drop out of the Top 25 while Cincinnati moves into the Top 25, a trade of sorts. The way some of those pollsters vote, the Cardinals might drop out no matter what, even if they end up pulling off a miracle comeback at the end of this game.

I don't think Louisville would drop out, but I could see them dropping to #21 or #22 if they pulled it out.
09-22-2007 02:40 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

Losing to Syracuse @ Papa John's Stadium will drop them from the radar entirely. If you're a top 25 team you don't lose to an 0-3 team at home, especially an 0-3 team like Syracuse, which has shown itself to be one of the worst teams in Division 1A until the met the UofL defense.

They will be lucky to get any votes at all.
09-22-2007 02:54 PM
Advertisement

Krocker Krapp Offline
Number 1 Starter

The Cardinals came close, losing 38-35, but could not recover an onsides kick with a minute remaining to complete the comeback. So they will be leaving the Top 25 after a very impressive three-plus year stay but, if they take care of business tonight, Cincinnati should enter the Top 25 for the first time since I have no idea when.
09-22-2007 02:55 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

bitcruncher Wrote:Losing to Syracuse @ Papa John's Stadium will drop them from the radar entirely. If you're a top 25 team you don't lose to an 0-3 team at home, especially an 0-3 team like Syracuse, which has shown itself to be one of the worst teams in Division 1A until the met the UofL defense.

They will be lucky to get any votes at all.

They'll still get Top 25 votes, probably around 37th though.
09-22-2007 02:58 PM
Advertisement

CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

Krocker Krapp Wrote:The Cardinals came close, losing 38-35, but could not recover an onsides kick with a minute remaining to complete the comeback. So they will be leaving the Top 25 after a very impressive three-plus year stay but, if they take care of business tonight, Cincinnati should enter the Top 25 for the first time since I have no idea when.

Since the mid to late 70 I believe! Would be sweet and would help recruiting! Meanwhile, if Connecticut can pull out a win at Pittsburgh they will likely get a Top 25 vote or more. They would be 4-0 with an OOC win against a BCS team and a road win against Pittsburgh so that would help the Big East!
09-22-2007 02:59 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

South Carolina-LSU tied at 7 in the first quarter.
09-22-2007 03:28 PM
Advertisement

cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
CatsClaw Wrote:
Krocker Krapp Wrote:The Cardinals came close, losing 38-35, but could not recover an onsides kick with a minute remaining to complete the comeback. So they will be leaving the Top 25 after a very impressive three-plus year stay but, if they take care of business tonight, Cincinnati should enter the Top 25 for the first time since I have no idea when.

Since the mid to late 70 I believe! Would be sweet and would help recruiting! Meanwhile, if Connecticut can pull out a win at Pittsburgh they will likely get a Top 25 vote or more. They would be 4-0 with an OOC win against a BCS team and a road win against Pittsburgh so that would help the Big East!

I dont think Uconn will beat Pitt. Pitt seems to have a very good defense, and I dont think Uconns offense is all that good. Either way, Pitts defense and offense will be the best by far that Uconn has played thus far. And we need Pitt to get it together.
09-22-2007 03:34 PM
Krocker Krapp Offline
Number 1 Starter

I am worried about UConn based on what I saw sitting at the Temple game last week. Hopefully it was a temporary blip that the team can overcome. Honestly, though, I think both the Huskies and Pitt are going to be very inconsistent over the course of this season and will finish in the lower half of the Big East standings. Less than three hours to game time. We will see what happens.
09-22-2007 03:35 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.