Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
louisville at kentucky: biggest game of the week
3rd Wise Man Offline
1st String

I Root For: X
louisville at kentucky: biggest game of the week
i guess we don't know for sure what the biggest game of the week will be until after the week is over, but this has the best ingredients going into this week.

some things most people may not realize...

-both louisville and kentucky are 7-1 in their last 8 games. kentucky's one loss was 17-12 at tennessee in a game where they had a chance to win in the final minute, but couldn't score. louisville's one loss was to rutgers in a game i'm sure they also feel they should have won. in other words, both teams have TONS of momentum coming into this game.

-kentucky is at home, where they've won 6 of their last 7.

-both teams are 2-0 this season.

-a win for kentucky over louisville would probably be their biggest win since i don't even remember when. it will improve them to 3-0, get them into the top 25 or close to it, and perhaps most importantly give them bragging rights over a rival team that has absolutely owned them for the past four years.

-for louisville, every game is of national importance because they are a bcs contender. this would probably be the second biggest out of conference win for a big east team so far (usf's win at auburn would be the first, imho). it also keeps the cardinals in the top ten.

no other game has this type of build-up. arkansas is at alabama, and both teams are 2-0, so that is another game of national importance. fresno state at oregon would have been had fresno managed to beat texas a&m last week. the abc primetime game is usc at nebraska. both teams are 2-0, but i personally don't see that being an evenly matched game. it is a huge deal to nebraska because the #1 team has not VISITED lincoln since 1978 (nebraska has obviously been the #1 team themselves), but i still don't see it being as big of a game as ul at uk.

rivalry game. two unbeaten teams. two teams that play in bcs conferences and have won seven of eight. the underdog is at home. it's at night. WOW!!!!!

and espn is so excited...they put the game on espn classic. i predict by 9pm college football fans around the country will be changing the station and tuning in to this one. by that point, usc should have a confortable lead against the huskers.
09-12-2007 12:58 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

TyBull Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF / GA Tech
RE: louisville at kentucky: biggest game of the week
let the "Dogs" of L'ville loose on the UK cats

[Image: bravecat.jpg]

05-mafia
09-12-2007 02:11 PM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
That cat has lots of balls. LOL
09-12-2007 03:26 PM
Advertisement

cardtopper Offline
1st String

I Root For: LOUISVILLE
Cubanbull Wrote:That cat has lots of balls. LOL

Don't be confused...that's a puddle of piss he's walking in. He's scared silly. 03-lmfao
09-12-2007 04:46 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
cardtopper Wrote:
Cubanbull Wrote:That cat has lots of balls. LOL
Don't be confused...that's a puddle of piss he's walking in. He's scared silly. 03-lmfao
I knew I should have taken a left turn at Albuquerque.

As for the game... The BEast goes to 2-0 vs. the SEC! 05-mafia
09-12-2007 05:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

chess Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU & Nebraska
I think the biggest game of the week will be Nebraksa vs Southern Cal.

If the Huskers win, they are back. (I don't expect them to win)
09-13-2007 07:19 AM
dbacard Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisville
chess Wrote:I think the biggest game of the week will be Nebraksa vs Southern Cal.

Actually I think it would be Michigan/ND. Who stays winless???
09-13-2007 10:13 AM
Advertisement

CardHouse Offline
1st String

I Root For: UofL
xubrew Wrote:-kentucky is at home, where they've won 6 of their last 7.

Since the series was resumed in 1994, the Cards are 6-2 in the kitty's stadium (AKA PJCS East).

Playing in Lexington isn't a concern for Card fans; our defense getting their heads on straight is a concern.
09-13-2007 12:26 PM
CardFANATIC Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UL, Neb,OM, EWU
The biggest game on the National scene is NU-USC. You are talking about two of the all time top programs and it has major title implications this season. If NU wins, they are suddenly into the title picture, if USC wins, they get another notch on their belt in a TOUGH environment.
09-13-2007 12:52 PM
Advertisement

3rd Wise Man Offline
1st String

I Root For: X
CardHouse Wrote:

Since the series was resumed in 1994, the Cards are 6-2 in the kitty's stadium (AKA PJCS East).

Playing in Lexington isn't a concern for Card fans; our defense getting their heads on straight is a concern.

i meant that kentucky has won six of their last seven home games, NOT six of their last seven against louisville.

i know about usc at nebraska. it probably looks like a bigger game, but i just don't see it being all that competitive. i could be wrong. personally, i'm more excited about this one. it has the rivalry element that usc/nebraska doesn't have. it also has the element of a team trying to break into the national scene that has never really been there before. to do it, kentucky will have to beat a bcs contender.
09-13-2007 02:02 PM
chess Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU & Nebraska
dbacard Wrote:
chess Wrote:I think the biggest game of the week will be Nebraksa vs Southern Cal.

Actually I think it would be Michigan/ND. Who stays winless???

Great point.
09-13-2007 02:08 PM
CardHouse Offline
1st String

I Root For: UofL
xubrew Wrote:
CardHouse Wrote:

i meant that kentucky has won six of their last seven home games, NOT six of their last seven against louisville.

I know that; I was just saying when it comes to playing The Ville' I don't think they have that much of a home field advantage regardless of how well they've played against other opponents in Kitty stadium.
09-13-2007 02:26 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.