Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

online college basketball game
Bookmark and Share
Huskiepride Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NIU & the Cubs
online college basketball game
OK, I've been playing a simulation college basketball dynasty game online now for 2 season (roughly 3 months). It's pretty sweet. For new coaches, the 1st season costs $6.95. Any continuation seasons cost a little more, about $11 but with season packs (5 or 10) the cost per season comes down. Seasons last around 45 days, from the start of recruiting until the NCAA tournament. You can also earn credits for visiting the "sports book" and placing daily bets on the over/under and the spread and from your team's performance. You can actually win close free seasons if you are good at betting. If your summer is boring and you're looking for a time-killer, this will keep you busy. Anywho, there are 8 worlds and 3 divisions in each world so there are nearly 8,000 teams to be coached. Everyone starts at D-III though and you have to work your way up. I'm currently in the Iba world coaching Maranatha Baptist Bible from Wisconsin, a D-III school. As of Monday there were 189 coaching vacancies in my world. New coach sign-up starts soon (July 1st I think) and recruiting starts a few days after that so if you're interested in joining I can send you more info or a referral link. I was skeptical of how much fun this game would be, but I'm totally addicted now after 2 seasons, even after taking over one of the worst teams in the country!
06-27-2007 02:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

clcfball11 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU!!!
RE: online college basketball game
That sounds wild!!
06-27-2007 03:12 PM
DogTracks Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
I actually play Championship Manager Online (http://www.cm-online.com) a soccer sim. It sounds pretty similar in terms of the different worlds and so on. It's a good time, nice way to kill the slow parts of the day if you like that sort of thing. I picked up Sunderland as a mid-table team in the Championship a few months ago but ended the season in 4th place and am in the final of the playoff to make the move up to the Premeirship.

I might check this thing out.

/geek
06-27-2007 03:23 PM
Advertisement

Huskiepride Offline
Special Teams

I suppose a site link would be somewhat useful...

Link
06-27-2007 04:31 PM
niu79 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU
I am the new head coach at Wheaton College in the "Smith" world. I start recruiting this afternnom, and the regular season begins on July 5th. For $6.95 this looks to be a blast.
06-28-2007 02:26 PM
Huskiepride Offline
Special Teams

Welcome to the game, I'm sure you'll enjoy. If you have any questions I'll try to offer some help. Just shoot me a pm.

Here's a good way to start recruiting. Teams in D-III have a tight budget so I've been told to use the "$35 special" for the first few days to get yourself on their radar. You can then judge their interest without wasting budget on visits. Then when signings start, give out either home or campus visits. Try to recruit local, it's less expensive. Usually, transfers are easier to sign. I signed one last year and he is pretty decent. If you still have scholarships to fill on the last day, hit the transfers hard. A bad transfer is way better than a walk-on.

Good luck!
07-01-2007 02:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.