Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Gold Cup Final drills Stanley Cup Final in U.S. TV ratings
Bookmark and Share
HuskieTransfer07 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: N.I.U.
Gold Cup Final drills Stanley Cup Final in U.S. TV ratings
03-lmfao, this is hilarious, I'm proud to say that I watched the Gold Cup game (USA vs. Mexico) on the SPANISH channel and didn't watch a second of the Stanley Cup.

NEW YORK -- The CONCACAF Gold Cup final attracted 41 percent more television households in the United States than the Stanley Cup Finals clincher -- and that was just for the soccer game's Spanish-language telecast.

The United States' 2-1 come-from-behind victory over Mexico on Sunday received a 2.5 fast national rating on Univision, the network said Tuesday. That translates to 2.83 million households, nearly double the 1.48 million homes that watched the 2005 Gold Cup final between the United States and Panama.

This year's English-language telecast was on the Fox Soccer Channel, which is available in about 30 million homes and is not rated.

Anaheim's series-ending 6-2 victory over Ottawa in the Stanley Cup on June 6 received a 1.8 rating on NBC, which comes to 2,005,000 households.

The rating is the percentage watching a telecast among all homes with televisions, and a ratings point represents 1,114,000 households.
06-26-2007 04:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

onlinepole Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NU & NIU
RE: Gold Cup Final drills Stanley Cup Final in U.S. TV ratings
Those that watched the Hockey final are a much more sought after demographic than what Univision gets. Univision viewers mirroring hispanics in the US have limited disposable income and send much of that to Mexico to support family.

Hockey isn't the only sport that is rating challenged. Last week's Fox Saturday Baseball game drew only a 2.1 rating with a 6 share with 3,045,000 total viewers. Not very good for the game that is America's National Pasttime.

The US Open Golf Tourney last week Friday afternoon drew a 2.3 rating with a 7 share and 2.91 M viewers. Many more people play Golf than Hockey and it was the US Open.

ESPN Sunday Nite Baseball with the Mets & Yankees drew a 2.4 rating with 3.567 M viewers. Again not impressive considering it's the 2 NY teams and the Yankees have a national fanbase.
06-26-2007 11:48 PM
onlinepole Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NU & NIU
U also overlooked the fact that the Soccer game was televised on a weekend (Sat) while the Hockey final was a Wed nite game. Far less competition on Sat than Wed.
06-26-2007 11:50 PM
Advertisement

cawoo22 Offline
Northern Yankee Prick

I Root For: The NIU Huskies
HuskieTransfer07 Wrote:03-lmfao, this is hilarious, I'm proud to say that I watched the Gold Cup game (USA vs. Mexico) on the SPANISH channel and didn't watch a second of the Stanley Cup.

NEW YORK -- The CONCACAF Gold Cup final attracted 41 percent more television households in the United States than the Stanley Cup Finals clincher -- and that was just for the soccer game's Spanish-language telecast.

The United States' 2-1 come-from-behind victory over Mexico on Sunday received a 2.5 fast national rating on Univision, the network said Tuesday. That translates to 2.83 million households, nearly double the 1.48 million homes that watched the 2005 Gold Cup final between the United States and Panama.

This year's English-language telecast was on the Fox Soccer Channel, which is available in about 30 million homes and is not rated.

Anaheim's series-ending 6-2 victory over Ottawa in the Stanley Cup on June 6 received a 1.8 rating on NBC, which comes to 2,005,000 households.

The rating is the percentage watching a telecast among all homes with televisions, and a ratings point represents 1,114,000 households.

I don't get why so many people seem to really enjoy kicking hockey around. It's deteriorated to the point where if you're not seeking it out, you won't even see it. Yet, people seem to be giddy when they hear that the ratings are crap. Some of these same people will sit and watch Ultimate Fighting.

It just doesn't make sense to me.
06-29-2007 01:28 AM
Flames24Rulz Offline
All American

I Root For: SIU and NIU
I hate soccer.
07-01-2007 02:51 PM
kingbutter Offline
On A Roll

I Root For: NIU Huskies
Folding@NCAAbbs
cawoo22 Wrote:
HuskieTransfer07 Wrote:03-lmfao, this is hilarious, I'm proud to say that I watched the Gold Cup game (USA vs. Mexico) on the SPANISH channel and didn't watch a second of the Stanley Cup.

I don't get why so many people seem to really enjoy kicking hockey around. It's deteriorated to the point where if you're not seeking it out, you won't even see it. Yet, people seem to be giddy when they hear that the ratings are crap. Some of these same people will sit and watch Ultimate Fighting.

It just doesn't make sense to me.

As a Ducks fan, I watched the Stanley Cup...and quite honestly, I wouldn't care if I was the only one that watched. But I agree with you, I don't know why people enjoy the fact that hockey has such poor ratings. Are they also ecstatic that WNBA gets crappy ratings?
07-02-2007 11:39 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.