Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Weird happenings at Wrigley?
Bookmark and Share
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
Weird happenings at Wrigley?
Apparently Cubs management and Pinella had a 2 hr meeting today, some are even speculating (probably without substance), that Lou might be wanting to back out. I doubt thats true but something weird seems to be happening.
05-30-2007 06:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NIUtrav09 Offline
Huskies and Illini. Get over it!

I Root For: NIU and U of I
RE: Weird happenings at Wrigley?
Well I'm sure Lou is kicking himself now for signing with the Cubs. That giant billboard with him proclaiming "We are going to win" (or something like that) sure looks stupid now. Then again, this is the same guy who referred to the Cubs as the South Side..

But lets all come to agreement that injuries and all other excuses aside, the Cubs, Sox, and Cards SUCK right now... However as we all saw last season all it takes is to get into the playoffs then anything can happen.

Oh yeah the Reds suck too.. sorry 7
05-30-2007 08:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HuskieRak Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU! NIU! NIU!
Pitiful baseball has been seen all throughout Chicago these past couple weeks.

The Cubs need to do something....they had a player only meeting today but that did not do ****.
This series shows w/ Marlins showed me that the Cubs need drastic changes at top. The Marlins have been in existence for less than 15 years and they have 2 world series and currently have only a $30mil payroll (31st in MLB) compared to the Cubs $99mil (8th in MLB).

Lou and Hendry need to get **** done and make changes. Lou needs to stop going to Eyre and Howry in the late innings and make a consistent lineup everyday. Theriot needs to be in the lineup everyday. Izturis is garbage, he's another Rey Ordonez.

Eyre needs to be released. Howry needs a new role. OF situation needs to be figured out. I say bring back Pie and play him everyday. He's not going to do any worse than Jones and Murton plus he adds better speed and defense.

Jones can be traded for relief help if the Cubs eat up his salary. OF would then be- Soriano, Pie and Murton/Floyd in RF.

The starting pitching has been pretty good this season. Inconsistent w/ Z and Hill but still good.

Lou needs to start making some good moves and get fired up. I want to see Lou yelling and screaming at DeRosa and Barrett for baserunning mistakes. He has no fire underneath him, he's a ******* statue in teh dugout.

The team needs help desperatly. And its not going to come easy.

-This post probably does not make a lot of sense, but I'm really frustrated and pissed off at them at the moment so I just like to *****.
05-30-2007 09:56 PM
onlinepole Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NU & NIU
[quote=NIUtrav09]
Well I'm sure Lou is kicking himself now for signing with the Cubs. That giant billboard with him proclaiming "We are going to win" (or something like that) sure looks stupid now. Then again, this is the same guy who referred to the Cubs as the South Side..

But lets all come to agreement that injuries and all other excuses aside, the Cubs, Sox, and Cards SUCK right now... However as we all saw last season all it takes is to get into the playoffs then anything can happen.

Oh yeah the Reds suck too.. sorry7

As do the Kane County Cougars and the Schaumburg Flyers are below .500 out of the gate. College football in 86 days, it can't come soon enough!
05-30-2007 10:13 PM
houstonhuskie Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU
ITs may and all the teams i follow suck big time...

Cubs...

Sox....

and woa my 'stros! I have never seen a team so pathetic at the plate.

WHen does football season start so I can start cheering for my Texans....oh hell, nevermind.
05-30-2007 10:17 PM
onlinepole Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NU & NIU
Sox played like03-puke against the Twins this week. Now that they are actually hitting the ball their pitching is beginning to suck massively. With Ozuna and Podsednik on the DL for extended time they have no speed either.

This 03-puke blows.
05-30-2007 10:18 PM
Advertisement

nnhsniuhuskies37 Offline
Banned

I Root For: NIU & Cubbies
They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck They Suck 04-chairshot

WHEN IS FOOTBALL SEASON!?!?!?!?!?!?!

But i still love my cubs 02-13-banana
05-30-2007 10:31 PM
NIUtrav09 Offline

lol that's right baseball fans... get it all of your chest.

Wow... I sorta just now realized how bad the Cubs are doing... If the Cards hang on tonight they will only be a half game back of the Cubbies. That says a lot considering how this season has been a complete nightmare. But what more can you expect when 3/5 of your starting rotation isn't there and your 3 all stars are underachieving. And now Yadier Molina, the teams hottest hitter (sad but true) is out 4-6 weeks.

86 days you say?
05-30-2007 10:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NIU02 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NIU
As bad as the Cubs and Cardinals are playing, they are still in that division race. Here is the last 10 games for the NL Central teams:

1) Brewers 3-7
2) Pirates 4-6
3) Cubs 2-8
4) Cardinals 4-6
5) Astros 0-10
6) Reds 4-6
05-30-2007 10:53 PM
Flames24Rulz Offline
All American

I Root For: SIU and NIU
This team is complete garbage. Fire sale, please.
05-30-2007 10:59 PM
NIUtrav09 Offline

NIU02 Wrote:As bad as the Cubs and Cardinals are playing, they are still in that division race. Here is the last 10 games for the NL Central teams:

1) Brewers 3-7
2) Pirates 4-6
3) Cubs 2-8
4) Cardinals 4-6
5) Astros 0-10
6) Reds 4-6

As of tonight, the NL Central is 37 games under 500 as a whole.

The Cards have sucked this season but I stay optimistic because if they can get around 500 and stay there til the ASB when Yadi, Carp, and Mulder return they will have a shot. (not to mention Duncan, Eckstein, and Preston Wilson at full strength).

Edmonds, Rolen, and Pujols are heating up.. the Todd Wellemeyer project has been a success early on... I'm not giving up yet.
05-30-2007 11:06 PM
Advertisement

HuskieRak Offline
Heisman

My dad just sold all of his tickets that he had except for 2 games. He sold like 10 games- 40 tix total.

He couldnt stand it anymore. He's a Chicago fan, since there was really no reason why not to cheer for both teams before interleague play, and I've never seen him more pissed off during baseball season.

He said he's not giving up yet but if both teams play like they are, they'll both be done in a few weeks, especially the Sox. Give the Cubs a few extra weeks due to the piss poor division.
05-30-2007 11:11 PM
nnhsniuhuskies37 Offline
Banned

though they are playing bad when the cubs offense finally decides to be consistent they will really get going, this team has to much talent to be this bad i know some are overpaid but there is no reason the cubs should be below 500 they will get it together its just a matter of when and if it will be to late by then
05-31-2007 12:38 AM
Flames24Rulz Offline
All American

I Root For: SIU and NIU
nnhsniuhuskies37 Wrote:though they are playing bad when the cubs offense finally decides to be consistent they will really get going, this team has to much talent to be this bad i know some are overpaid but there is no reason the cubs should be below 500 they will get it together its just a matter of when and if it will be to late by then

We've said the same thing the last two years. I really don't see much hope with this team. Realistically, I thought this was only a 3rd place team at best in the division this year. Pretty sad how the 3rd place team could have something like 68 wins.
05-31-2007 01:53 AM
Kedzman Offline
All American

I Root For:
NIU02 Wrote:As bad as the Cubs and Cardinals are playing, they are still in that division race. Here is the last 10 games for the NL Central teams:

1) Brewers 3-7
2) Pirates 4-6
3) Cubs 2-8
4) Cardinals 4-6
5) Astros 0-10
6) Reds 4-6

Could someone who has free time put the payroll next to each of these teams and then tell us how much each win/loss is worth? The Cubs are a very expensive sub-500 team.
05-31-2007 09:12 AM
niuco90 Offline
1st String

I Root For: N.I.U.
I think Lou has either taken the money and phoned it in, or has been told to shut up and deal with it. I would have expected a complete melt down by now which tells me he doesn't care.

He has to cringe every time he sees Soriano not hustle, and see the stupid play that shows up every day. Yet he doesn't say anything to to the players. $20 Million and out regardless of what the team does has a tendency to let you get complaicent.

I guess Dusty wasn't as stupid as everyone thought. I think the team plays worse under Lou then it did last year.
05-31-2007 12:10 PM
Advertisement

nnhsniuhuskies37 Offline
Banned

niuco90 Wrote:I think Lou has either taken the money and phoned it in, or has been told to shut up and deal with it. I would have expected a complete melt down by now which tells me he doesn't care.

He has to cringe every time he sees Soriano not hustle, and see the stupid play that shows up every day. Yet he doesn't say anything to to the players. $20 Million and out regardless of what the team does has a tendency to let you get complaicent.

I guess Dusty wasn't as stupid as everyone thought. I think the team plays worse under Lou then it did last year.

watch what u say lol dusty's players never tried at people seem like they care for the first 5 innings this year last year players like Ramirez just didnt care at all
05-31-2007 12:13 PM
NIUtrav09 Offline

Kedzman Wrote:

1) Brewers 3-7
2) Pirates 4-6
3) Cubs 2-8
4) Cardinals 4-6
5) Astros 0-10
6) Reds 4-6

Could someone who has free time put the payroll next to each of these teams and then tell us how much each win/loss is worth? The Cubs are a very expensive sub-500 team.

I was intrigued by your question so I did some research. Here are the 2006 and 2007 payrolls for each of these teams:

1. Brewers 18th - 71.98 mil
2. Pirates 27th - 38.6 mil
3. Cubs 8th - 99.9 mil
4. Cardinals 12th - 90.2 mil
5. Astros 15th - 87.7 mil
6. Reds 20th - 69.1 mil

From this, you could say that the Brewers and Pirates are the only teams overachieving in relation to their payroll. The Cubs, Cards, and Astros are all drastically underachieving. The Reds are also underachieving but not as much.

noteables: The Brewers payroll increased the most from 2006 (over 15 mil). The Reds increase about 10 mil, cubs by 5, Cards by only 1.

fyi.. Sox have the 4th highest payroll at 109.6 mil. At 24-24 it's fair to say they are also underachieving in terms of their payroll.
05-31-2007 01:47 PM
HuskieRak Offline
Heisman

http://asp.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/...?year=2007

link for 2007 MLB payrolls. Its amazing, most Sox fans (that I talk to atleast) always say that the Cubs should be winning because of the money they spend, but they dont realize that the Sox spend more money.
05-31-2007 07:08 PM
niusfactuary Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU,Cubs,Bears

DonatorsSurvivor Runner-up
HuskieRak Wrote:http://asp.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/...?year=2007

link for 2007 MLB payrolls. Its amazing, most Sox fans (that I talk to atleast) always say that the Cubs should be winning because of the money they spend, but they dont realize that the Sox spend more money.

That's because most Sox fans aren't very baseball knowledgable 03-shhhh
05-31-2007 07:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.