Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

I'm sure this will give Kev a hard on
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
I'm sure this will give Kev a hard on
My company will be doing all of the Rudy Guliani campaign stuffs for the state of South Carolina. Rudy is one of those very very few I'd vote over a Libertarian for. Unfortunately, he has three policies that will hurt him in the deep south, that I totally agree with him on each one:

- If you're in this country, you should be able to speak and write English
- Pro-choice
- Pro gun control (mainly for large urban areas... you don't need an assault rifle in NYC, etc)

I think I'll make a pitch for showing Rudy's face over Samuel L Jackson's in Pope Fiction going "ENGLISH MOFO DO YOU SPEAK IT??" But I doubt it'll get approved.
lmfao lmfao
02-10-2007 03:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame

Quote:Pro gun control (mainly for large urban areas... you don't need an assault rifle in NYC, etc)

you been to harlem?
02-10-2007 07:45 PM

fsquid Wrote:
Quote:Pro gun control (mainly for large urban areas... you don't need an assault rifle in NYC, etc)

you been to harlem?

You should be able to pack adequate personal protection without pulling out a AK-47 anywhere in NYC.
02-10-2007 07:50 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Sorry buddy, I don't agree with gun control period. I like Rudy, but it would seem, to him, that your gun rights are only at the behest of the next annexation....see Byram, Mississippi and Jackson, Mississippi....who tried t annex Byram. I don't know a damn thing about NYC, but people in Atlanta hunt. People in Birmingham, hunt. Are they supposed to check their firearms at the line?

I must have missed that in the Constitution.
02-10-2007 11:42 PM
Quote this message in a reply

RebelKev Wrote:Sorry buddy, I don't agree with gun control period. I like Rudy, but it would seem, to him, that your gun rights are only at the behest of the next annexation....see Byram, Mississippi and Jackson, Mississippi....who tried t annex Byram. I don't know a damn thing about NYC, but people in Atlanta hunt. People in Birmingham, hunt. Are they supposed to check their firearms at the line?

Do they hunt with a AK-47 or a M16?
02-10-2007 11:49 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:
RebelKev Wrote:Sorry buddy, I don't agree with gun control period. I like Rudy, but it would seem, to him, that your gun rights are only at the behest of the next annexation....see Byram, Mississippi and Jackson, Mississippi....who tried t annex Byram. I don't know a damn thing about NYC, but people in Atlanta hunt. People in Birmingham, hunt. Are they supposed to check their firearms at the line?

His policies state an assault rifle can be a 30.06.

BTW, who cares? Last I checked there were no stipulations on what small arms could be owned in the Constitution.

"Those that will give up a few concessions in the Bill of Rights, will eventually give them all up----Rebelkev, Feb. 2007"
02-11-2007 12:53 AM
Advertisement

Well, what are your thoughts on Rudy as a whole, Kev?

He's in a very elite group of ... meh ... less than 12 Rep/Dem people I would vote for over a Libertarian candidate.
02-11-2007 12:57 AM
Endzone2 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Miami Redhawks

RebelKev Wrote:

His policies state an assault rifle can be a 30.06.

BTW, who cares? Last I checked there were no stipulations on what small arms could be owned in the Constitution.

"Those that will give up a few concessions in the Bill of Rights, will eventually give them all up----Rebelkev, Feb. 2007"

Agree. I could have bought a new AR-15 at a gun show in Ft. Worth for $700 in 1988 and I wish I would have.

Do you have a 7mm magnum? I don't know much about guns, but I think that's a powerful gun. Also is the AR-15 still being manufactured in 7.62mm?
02-11-2007 05:26 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:Well, what are your thoughts on Rudy as a whole, Kev?

He's in a very elite group of ... meh ... less than 12 Rep/Dem people I would vote for over a Libertarian candidate.

My thoughts? I like him. I think he's a man of conviction. He says what he means, and means what he says.

Now, with that said, I could not support Rudy for his attack on the 2nd Amendment much like I can't support McCain on his attack on the 1st(CFR).

It's not the abortion issue or Gay Marriage deal. That I can assure you. I loathe abortion and do not want to see Gay Marriage, but it's not what drives me. Civil Unions? Not a problem. As I stated before, I think the government should get out of the business of matrimony all together. One MAJOR step would be the adoption of the NRST and abolishment of the REgressive and very Communistic income tax.
02-11-2007 07:45 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Endzone2 Wrote:Agree. I could have bought a new AR-15 at a gun show in Ft. Worth for $700 in 1988 and I wish I would have.

Do you have a 7mm magnum? I don't know much about guns, but I think that's a powerful gun. Also is the AR-15 still being manufactured in 7.62mm?

Dude, the AR-15 has NEVER been a 7.62mm. You are thinking of the AK. The AR-15, M-16A1/A2, M-4, and M-249 Squad Assault Weapon(SAW) have always been a .223 Caliber, 5.56mm.

The AR-10 is a 7.62mm x 51

The same caliber as the Mosin-Nagant. It's not even used anymore.
02-11-2007 07:48 PM
ccs178 Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss

CrappiesCrappiesDonators
Re: I'm sure this will give Kev a hard on
georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:- If you're in this country, you should be able to speak and write English

How is that going to hurt him in the deep south?
02-12-2007 12:54 AM
Advertisement

ccs178 Offline
All American

CrappiesCrappiesDonators

fsquid Wrote:

you been to harlem?

I have been to Harlem many times. I never had any problems and I never packed an AK-47...or any firearms .
02-12-2007 12:56 AM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

ccs178 Wrote:I have been to Harlem many times. I never had any problems and I never packed an AK-47...or any firearms .

......so they should be banned? I'm sorry, what part of Mississippi are you from?
02-12-2007 01:06 AM

ccs178 Wrote:
georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:- If you're in this country, you should be able to speak and write English

Very very high # of Hispanics that won't vote for that. Miami has an area called little Cuba for a reason.
02-12-2007 01:43 AM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
ccs178 Wrote:

Very very high # of Hispanics that won't vote for that. Miami has an area called little Cuba for a reason.

Actually it's call Hialeah.
02-12-2007 08:15 AM
NIUFAN Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

I have never met a Libretarian who supports gun control. Please explain!?!?
02-12-2007 11:45 AM
Advertisement

Tulsaman Offline
This Space For Rent
Jersey Retired

I Root For: OK State, Tulsa
CrappiesCrappies

well its a direct violation of the second amendment in my opinion to have gun control.

idk if kev feels the same but i have a feeling i'm in the ballpark.
02-12-2007 12:30 PM
ccs178 Offline
All American

CrappiesCrappiesDonators

RebelKev Wrote:
ccs178 Wrote:I have been to Harlem many times. I never had any problems and I never packed an AK-47...or any firearms .

......so they should be banned? I'm sorry, what part of Mississippi are you from?

At what point did I say guns should be banned? All I said was that I never felt the need to carry weapons when I've made trips to Harlem. You'd be wise to check yourself before you go off half-cocked with knee-jerk reactions based on erroneous assumptions that you have made out of thin air.

I don't believe guns should be banned, but I do believe they should be well regulated.
02-12-2007 05:02 PM
ccs178 Offline
All American

CrappiesCrappiesDonators
ccs178 Wrote:

As a voting block they are a force in Florida. In national politics, not so much.
02-12-2007 05:04 PM
99Tiger Offline
I got tiger blood, man.

I Root For: football wins

Crappies

What I always find amusing is that people will claim that the framers of the Constitution didn't envision the prospect of terrorism with regards to civil rights. However, those same people refuse to consider the notion that the framers also didn't envision the prospect of someone with a collections of assault rifles with regards to gun control.

It works the other way too about people that want to push gun control and protect civil liberties at all cost. I guess that people only want to use that excuse when it suits them & their ideology.

...and no, that is not a challenge or even an argument to Kev. Just a general observation about people in this nation in general stemming from his Constitution comment.

Personally, I have a hard time accepting people owning assault rilfes, but accept it as a byproduct of the Constitution. And nobody should hunt with one, so I don't buy that line either.
02-12-2007 06:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.