Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Mid-American Conference
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

When will the MAC get more than just 2 Bowl Bids? Tonight was a good start!

TOLEDO 35
#9 PITT 31

MARSHALL 27
#6 Kansas St 20

NORTHERN ILLINOIS 19
#21 ALABAMA 16

#4 Ohio State 24
Bowling Green 17

The MAC played four Top 25 teams today and three came away with wins. Two were against teams in the Top 10! The one that lost only lost by 7 points.

Great statement by the MAC tonight!
09-21-2003 01:04 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

rocketfootball Wrote:Great statement by the MAC tonight!
What statement is that? That every squirrel finds a nut every now and then?

I will give you credit, the MAC surprised a few teams today. But before you get all emotional about it, allow me to point out a few things.....

First, none of these games really surprised me. Marshall went into Manhattan and beat a team that is grossly overrated every year. Good win for Marshall, but not really a shock.

NIU goes into T'loosa and beats a probation-plagued Alabama team, whose coach basically got thrust into the coaching job just weeks before the season started.

And Toledo beat Pitt? Big deal. Pitt is nothing more than a mid-pac team in a mediocre conference. You threw that game in there like Toledo had beaten Oklahoma or Miami or something. Oklahoma and Miami, Pitt is certainly not.

And we are bragging about a loss? BG plays OSU tough....ooooooh! Great job. Yeah, we lost but dammit we played tough. :laugh: A loss is a loss. Get over it.

My guess is that these teams won today because their opponents simply overlooked them. MAC teams are easy to overlook. I will give you this much, if the MAC teams keep "surprising" the bigger boys like they did today, then they will eventually catch an eye and they won't be overlooked anymore. But, as it stands, the MAC is still the MAC and today was simply a fluke of the favorites thinking they didn't have to play. Not trying to be a wet blanket, just pointing out facts. But by MAC standards, it was certainly a great day for y'all.
09-21-2003 02:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Laettners Legacy Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Duke Blue Devil

10MAN Wrote:
rocketfootball Wrote:Great statement by the MAC tonight!
What statement is that? That every squirrel finds a nut every now and then?

I will give you credit, the MAC surprised a few teams today. But before you get all emotional about it, allow me to point out a few things.....

First, none of these games really surprised me. Marshall went into Manhattan and beat a team that is grossly overrated every year. Good win for Marshall, but not really a shock.

NIU goes into T'loosa and beats a probation-plagued Alabama team, whose coach basically got thrust into the coaching job just weeks before the season started.

And Toledo beat Pitt? Big deal. Pitt is nothing more than a mid-pac team in a mediocre conference. You threw that game in there like Toledo had beaten Oklahoma or Miami or something. Oklahoma and Miami, Pitt is certainly not.

And we are bragging about a loss? BG plays OSU tough....ooooooh! Great job. Yeah, we lost but dammit we played tough. :laugh: A loss is a loss. Get over it.

My guess is that these teams won today because their opponents simply overlooked them. MAC teams are easy to overlook. I will give you this much, if the MAC teams keep "surprising" the bigger boys like they did today, then they will eventually catch an eye and they won't be overlooked anymore. But, as it stands, the MAC is still the MAC and today was simply a fluke of the favorites thinking they didn't have to play. Not trying to be a wet blanket, just pointing out facts. But by MAC standards, it was certainly a great day for y'all.
1. that was 3 nuts

2. even if K. St was overranked-they were still Top 10

3. that is the 2nd ranked team NIU beat

4. Pitt was still Top 10

5. playing a ranked team tough and losing by one score is a great accompliment for small schools that never get respect. moral victory and all that.

so get off your high horse and let them enjoy the moment.
09-21-2003 08:21 AM
Schadenfreude Offline
Professional Tractor Puller

I Root For: Bowling Green

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

[quote]And we are bragging about a loss? BG plays OSU tough....ooooooh! Great job. Yeah, we lost but dammit we played tough.
09-21-2003 08:39 AM
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

Mississippi sucks! They would finish in like 5th place in the MAC. :wave:
09-21-2003 09:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

Laettner's Legacy Wrote:1. that was 3 nuts

2. even if K. St was overranked-they were still Top 10

3. that is the 2nd ranked team NIU beat

4. Pitt was still Top 10

5. playing a ranked team tough and losing by one score is a great accompliment for small schools that never get respect. moral victory and all that.

so get off your high horse and let them enjoy the moment.
1. Umm, ok whatever! :rolleyes:

2. And they proved they didn't belong there in the top10, huh?

3. Oh yea, I forgot about Maryland! Wow! :rolleyes:

4. Again....extremely underserving ranking.

5. If moral victories are what you want, then sure! :laugh:

No high horse, just stating facts. I did say this was a good day for the MAC.
09-21-2003 11:18 AM
Advertisement

10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

Schadenfreude Wrote:And I'd put Northern Illinois in at about No. 12.

One could even make a case for Miami U. right now.
You are joking, right?
09-21-2003 11:19 AM
10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

rocketfootball Wrote:Mississippi sucks! They would finish in like 5th place in the MAC. :wave:
I think you are confusing Ole Miss with Mississippi State. It's ok, a lot of ignorant people get us confused. Ole Miss would own the MAC, and so would probably Vandy. Luckily, Ole Miss won't have to lower themselves to join that little conference, so we may never know.
But, I never claimed Ole Miss to be a powerhouse, and I certainly don't get on the sports bar and thump my chest after a big win. That's what guys with "little big man syndrome" do. They scream for respect. Respect is earned, not forced upon.

Your conference had a banner day, I admitted that, and the polls will certainly acknowledge that, too. But, after all is said and done, the MAC is still the MAC, and we will see how the polls finish at the end of the year. One day does not all of a sudden make you a scary conference.
09-21-2003 11:25 AM
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

I was joking with you 10man, notice the wave? You really need to relax a little. If you don't think the MAC is any good than you are the ignorant college football fan!
09-21-2003 11:31 AM
10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

Laettner's Legacy Wrote:so get off your high horse and let them enjoy the moment.
By the way, A Dook fan telling someone else to get off their high horse is one of the funniest things I've ever heard. :laugh: That's a good one.

At any rate, my response to rocketfootball was done primarily because of a conversation we had a while back. It wasn't done as vindictively as it may have sounded. It was more of a joke, so you get off your high horse, fella!
09-21-2003 11:33 AM
10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

rocketfootball Wrote:I was joking with you 10man, notice the wave? You really need to relax a little. If you don't think the MAC is any good than you are the ignorant college football fan!
Same here, rf, see my last post! It's all dating back to our conversation we had in the offseason. No need to relax, I'm as cool as a cucumber! It's all in fun.
09-21-2003 11:36 AM
Advertisement

rocketfootball Offline
Legend

10MAN Wrote:
rocketfootball Wrote:I was joking with you 10man, notice the wave?  You really need to relax a little.  If you don't think the MAC is any good than you are the ignorant college football fan!
Same here, rf, see my last post! It's all dating back to our conversation we had in the offseason. No need to relax, I'm as cool as a cucumber! It's all in fun.
OK. By the way, Vanderbilt would lose to Toledo! 03-wink
09-21-2003 12:08 PM
10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

rocketfootball Wrote:OK. By the way, Vanderbilt would lose to Toledo! 03-wink
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I'm not getting into this again.
09-21-2003 12:18 PM
Schadenfreude Offline

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

10MAN Wrote:
Schadenfreude Wrote:And I'd put Northern Illinois in at about No. 12.

One could even make a case for Miami U. right now.
You are joking, right?
I'm not joking.

And arguing that Mississippi could win either division in the MAC is ludicrious.
09-21-2003 12:33 PM
Laettners Legacy Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Duke Blue Devil

10MAN Wrote:
Laettner's Legacy Wrote:so get off your high horse and let them enjoy the moment.
By the way, A Dook fan telling someone else to get off their high horse is one of the funniest things I've ever heard. :laugh: That's a good one.
a Duke FOOTBALL fan-how many admit that huh?
09-21-2003 01:21 PM
10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

Schadenfreude Wrote:And arguing that Mississippi could win either division in the MAC is ludicrious.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You're right. Ole Miss has 3 National Championships, 6 SEC Championships, have an 18-12 bowl record which includes wins in the Sugar Bowl, Cotton Bowl, Gator Bowl, and Peach Bowl, have had numerous All-Americans. You're right, we wouldn't have a prayer against the likes of Kent St, Ohio, Ball St, Buffalo, Akron, and all those directional Michigan schools..... :laugh: :laugh:

Good Gawd, what a schmuck! :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: Get a clue, Mo! Vanderbilt would own your conference!
09-21-2003 01:25 PM
Advertisement

rocketfootball Offline
Legend

10MAN Wrote:
rocketfootball Wrote:OK.  By the way, Vanderbilt would lose to Toledo!  03-wink
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I'm not getting into this again.
Because you know they would lose! :D
09-21-2003 03:01 PM
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

10MAN Wrote:
Schadenfreude Wrote:And arguing that Mississippi could win either division in the MAC is ludicrious.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You're right. Ole Miss has 3 National Championships, 6 SEC Championships, have an 18-12 bowl record which includes wins in the Sugar Bowl, Cotton Bowl, Gator Bowl, and Peach Bowl, have had numerous All-Americans. You're right, we wouldn't have a prayer against the likes of Kent St, Ohio, Ball St, Buffalo, Akron, and all those directional Michigan schools..... :laugh: :laugh:

Good Gawd, what a schmuck! :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: Get a clue, Mo! Vanderbilt would own your conference!
You failed to mention the good teams in the MAC that would play Mississippi tough.

Toledo
Northern Illinois
Bowling Green
Marshall
Miami (OH)
UCF (well, maybe not)
09-21-2003 03:02 PM
Schadenfreude Offline

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

10MAN Wrote:

Memphis?
09-21-2003 03:03 PM
GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

I tip my cap to the MAC. The teams that won yesterday represented their conference well.
09-21-2003 03:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.