Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What will be your teams
Yawhooos Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Make or Brake game this year in Football.

I think UVAs game against FSU on Oct.the 16th.
If we can win on the road at FSU there is no reason we cant win the remaining games.

So who is your make or brake game going to be with ???
06-05-2004 12:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies

As Always... Clemson.

Years we beat Clemson: We go on a tear.
Years we lose to Clemson: We hang around just above .500

As usual, we play Clemson early.
06-05-2004 02:57 PM
cbfranchise3 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

At Purdue, right before the Michigan game. We can't look them over.
06-05-2004 02:59 PM
moloch_322 Offline
All American

I Root For: Hawt chix & UCF
Crappies

Whether its our first three vs. Wisconsin, West Virginia, or Penn State or our MAC openers versus Buffalo and NIU or two big consecutive road games at Marshall and Miami (OH), I think all our games are make or break.
06-05-2004 04:01 PM
Terpy Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Our big game is Florida State. We win 10 games ever year, whoop West Virginia every time we play them, beat NC State ever year and beat Tennesee in a bowl game but until we beat FSU no one is going to give us any respect.
06-05-2004 04:06 PM
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Toledo has three make or break games, IMO. At Miami, at Nothern Illinois, and vs Bowling Green. If I had to say one is more important than I would go with Bowling Green.

All three of those teams are capable of being in the Top 25 and they are all conference games. Losing any of those could cost Toledo the West Title (especially NIU and BGSU) and a trip to the MACC game.
06-05-2004 08:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

rocketfootball Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo

Terpy Wrote:Our big game is Florida State. We win 10 games ever year, whoop West Virginia every time we play them, beat NC State ever year and beat Tennesee in a bowl game but until we beat FSU no one is going to give us any respect.
After what happened last year, I think your game against Northern Illinois is going to be very important. If you lose to them two years in a row......ouch!!!
06-05-2004 08:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Chris from WV Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Although we play at Ohio State and at Georgia, our make or break game will be hosting Miami, OH for a W or Th night clash.

ESPN(or 2) will cover the game and put the winner in the driver's seat for the MAC East title. 03-nutkick
06-06-2004 07:04 AM
ice750 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
Folding@NCAAbbs

hmm..only in the last 3 years has the terps beaten wvu every year

it was a tied series..now maryland is up by 2 or 3 games

so i dont know how that converts to the terps beating us every time they play us

but wvu's make or break game this year

i'll give one ooc game and one ic game

maryland for the ooc game
and boston college for the ic game
06-06-2004 07:47 AM
tarheelsben1 Offline
Mac Guru

I Root For: UNC
Folding@NCAAbbs

when you have a time that is still re-building, its very hard to say which games are make or break games. every game we actually have a chance at winning is very important.... and obviously we need to get the victory bell back from dook
06-06-2004 08:39 AM
Lucy Offline
All American

I Root For: Wake Forest

DonatorsCrappies

For Wake Forest, it seems that every game is a make or break game because we tend to win games we shouldn't (i.e. last year vs. NC State & Clemson) and tend to lose games we shouldn't (i.e. last year UConn & UNC).

I think Wake has the potential to be 6-5 this year & I think there are 2 key games that the team will need to win to stay mentally tough:

1. @ East Carolina - we've beaten the 'irates the past 3 years and losing to them in the 2nd game of the season could hurt our confidence going forward.

2. Virginia Tech - this game could be huge, not only for the program in the eyes of the conference, but for the team's mental health. The close proximity of the schools to each other has always made them rivals of sorts, and reviving the series after an absence of 20 years will mean a sellout at Groves. Winning this game in front of a packed stadium would show how far Grobe & company have moved the program forward, and would be a great start to a 4 game homestand.
06-06-2004 08:56 AM
Advertisement

Schadenfreude Offline
Professional Tractor Puller

I Root For: Bowling Green

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Our third game out -- and first league game -- is at Northern Illinois on Sept. 24. That's huge.

But I have to say our Nov. 23 season-ender at Toledo is the true make or break game. It was last year's MAC West title game, and it may be again this year.
06-06-2004 09:18 AM
HuskieDan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

rocketfootball Wrote:
Terpy Wrote:Our big game is Florida State.  We win 10 games ever year, whoop West Virginia every time we play them, beat NC State ever year and beat Tennesee in a bowl game but until we beat FSU no one is going to give us any respect.
After what happened last year, I think your game against Northern Illinois is going to be very important. If you lose to them two years in a row......ouch!!!
I was thinking the same thing. :D :wave:

Our make or break game is Toledo on national TV, Nov 10th. We proved last year that winning OOC games against good teams gets us a bunch of notoriety, but that notoriety alone apparently doesn't make bowls want to take MAC teams. :bang: So this year we can screw off the OOC games (you're off the hook, Terpy, we'll take it easy on you 03-wink ) and concentrate on winning the MAC! 04-rock
06-06-2004 12:04 PM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU

Our game with Toledo is probably our make or break game. We'll be home, but we'll likely a one TD underdog. If we get spanked, the rest of the MAC season will be little more than passive entertainment, as any notion of a West title will be close to null and void.
06-06-2004 12:39 PM
Go Wolverines! Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Ohio State, it's our make or brake game most of the time.
06-06-2004 03:00 PM
Terpy Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

ice750 Wrote:hmm..only in the last 3 years has the terps beaten wvu every year

it was a tied series..now maryland is up by 2 or 3 games

so i dont know how that converts to the terps beating us every time they play us

but wvu's make or break game this year

i'll give one ooc game and one ic game

maryland for the ooc game
and boston college for the ic game
Fine, Fridge whoops your *** every year. Either way the Fridge owns you guys.
06-06-2004 04:06 PM
Advertisement

Laettners Legacy Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Duke Blue Devil

UNC
06-06-2004 06:12 PM
Derby Offline
tigris rex

I Root For: Memphis

DonatorsSkunkworksCrappiesDonatorsMemphis Hall of Fame

Ole Miss
06-07-2004 11:56 AM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest

I personally think it's BG's first game of the season: against Oklahoma.

BG's other OOC games are very winnable, and BG should be favored.

But, lose badly to Okla, and BG loses confidence and national prestige. Lose confidence and someone from the MAC (maybe someones) will get enough drive to beat BG.

The last game of the regular season just doesn't work for me as "make or break"...by that point you'll know if the season's good, decent or bad...but since Toledo is the big rival and it's been for the division title recently...that makes sense as a make or break game too.
06-07-2004 12:49 PM
SDSundevil Offline
1st String

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

For my SunDevils it is a two game stretch the final OOC game vs Iowa and the pac ten opener vs Oregon State, both teams embarrased the Devils last season and losing these two games will begin a downward spiral, both games are in Tempe so I expect the Devils to win, following the conf opener vs Oregon State the Devils travel to Oregon where they have struggled the past decade.

Iowa
Ore St

if ASU is 4-0 after those games they will contend for the conf title.
06-07-2004 07:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.