Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Kerry's Acceptance Speech
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU

I happened to catch Kerry's acceptance speech while out in New Joisey on business, and have a question (particularly for his die-hard supporters)...

I noted that Kerry promised the following: Tax breaks for small businesses and college tuition, tax cuts for the middle class, tax cut rollback for those earning over $200K per year, and the expansion of health care and education ... all while cutting the budget deficit by half.

My question is... how does he plan to accomplish all this? Those are a lot of tax cuts and breaks, along with expansions in expenditures. And he'll cut the budget in half by doing this? I know the "wealthy" will have their tax cuts rolled back, but I don't see how this would be enough. Don't get me wrong. If he pulls this all off, I'll be the first to tip my hat to him. But unless I'm missing something, this doesn't all add up.

Also, I thought he spoke well on foreign policy. Although, how does he reconsile his demonizing Bush's Iraq War with his voting for it? In addition, I understand that Kerry was privy to the same intelligence that Bush received?

Not trying to antagonistic here. I really don't like either Bush or Kerry, but indeed I DO see some good things about Kerry being elected. I'm just trying to understand more of where he's coming from.

A bit off-topic, but I get tired of left-leaners painting schoolteachers as saints and business CEOs as greedy scum. They both play an equally beneficial component to the economic engine. And lest anyone sympathises that teachers' paychecks are a bit low, just remember that they are currently in the middle of a 12-week summer vacation.

BTW, the "WTF are the Balloons!" guy at the end of the DNC was the most entertaining part of the evening. :laugh:
08-01-2004 08:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.