Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

More Kerry Gems Regarding Football
Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

I Root For: Charlotte

While talking to a crowd in Michigan.

Quote:"I just came here from Bowling Green," Kerry told the crowd to subdued applause. "I was smart enough not to pick a choice between the Falcons and the, well, you know, all those other teams out there. I just go for Buckeye football, that's where I'm coming from."

At that point, before all the boos began raining down upon him, Kerry seemed to realize his error. In an attempt to silent the angry crowd of University of Michigan supporters, Kerry said, "But that was while I was in Ohio. I know I'm in the state of Michigan and you got a great big M and a powerhouse of a team."

Wow, he can't even tell a crowd what they want to hear without screwing it up.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
08-03-2004 12:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

safetyeagle Offline
POOTNANNY

I Root For: USM

Ninerfan1 Wrote:While talking to a crowd in Michigan.

Quote:"I just came here from Bowling Green," Kerry told the crowd to subdued applause. "I was smart enough not to pick a choice between the Falcons and the, well, you know, all those other teams out there. I just go for Buckeye football, that's where I'm coming from."

At that point, before all the boos began raining down upon him, Kerry seemed to realize his error. In an attempt to silent the angry crowd of University of Michigan supporters, Kerry said, "But that was while I was in Ohio. I know I'm in the state of Michigan and you got a great big M and a powerhouse of a team."

:roflol:
08-03-2004 12:37 PM
UTLAW Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Ninerfan1 Wrote:

Smooth, by going with "great bif M" instead of Wolverine's he not only avoided the embarassment of not Knowing U of M's mascot, but covered the Spartan's as well. :rolleyes:

The pause after the falcon's statement was also funny, as he couldn't remember the Toledo Rockets that he referenced hours earlier.
08-03-2004 01:28 PM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest

I actually heard much of this on Rush Limbaugh.

BG got more press (and Rush seemed knowledgable about BG v U[sic] Toledo) than they did in the 5 years preceding 2003.
08-03-2004 01:30 PM
Advertisement

Schadenfreude Offline
Professional Tractor Puller

I Root For: Bowling Green

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

I was at the Bowling Green event.

He used the same line, saying he would make tough decisions, but wasn't about to choose between the Falcons and the Rockets. (He did know the nicknames).

Quite a few people cheered, but some of us were hushed. I was thinking: "You have the nerve to stand in downtown Bowling Green and say that?" But I get it: The thing was going to be on Toledo television that night, and there were plenty of Toledoans there.

He also talked up the Buckeyes, mostly because he wanted to talk about the buckeye he says he is carrying around in his pocket through Election Day.
08-03-2004 07:16 PM
RandyMc Offline
Reverend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Schadenfreude Wrote:I was at the Bowling Green event.
You are ubiquitous.
08-03-2004 10:22 PM
The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

LOL.

Good GOD!!!

When will this man grow some balls and make up his mind on an issue?

Yes, it's just football talk. But unfortunately for him, that statement summarizes his career.

YIKES.
08-03-2004 11:31 PM
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline

He used the same line, saying he would make tough decisions, but wasn't about to choose between the Falcons and the Rockets. (He did know the nicknames).

He also talked up the Buckeyes, mostly because he wanted to talk about the buckeye he says he is carrying around in his pocket through Election Day.
That's exactly how Rush described it.

The talk of 'Buckeyes' didn't go over that well in BG, I would hope, b/c of the confusion between buckeyes meaning Ohioans and Buckeyes meaning Aggies.

Also, it was reported that Kerry (presumably) forgot the Rockets nickname when he got to Michigan. And made reference to 'Buckeye' football, which drew boos from the crowd. That's a good way to lose Michigan.
08-04-2004 07:35 AM
Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

I Root For: Charlotte

Quite a few people cheered, but some of us were hushed. I was thinking: "You have the nerve to stand in downtown Bowling Green and say that?" But I get it: The thing was going to be on Toledo television that night, and there were plenty of Toledoans there.

That's precious SF but the quote I posted was said in MICHIGAN.

At the Michigan event he forgot the nicknames and then told the crowd he was all about the Buckeyes.

What I love is, "But that is while I was in Ohio". Now let me backtrack and tell YOU what you want to hear. :rolleyes:

He's an elitist, and I gurantee you he couldn't talk college football to save his life.
08-04-2004 09:41 AM
safetyeagle Offline
POOTNANNY

I Root For: USM

go figure :D
08-04-2004 09:41 AM
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline

Ninerfan1 Wrote:He's an elitist, and I gurantee you he couldn't talk college football to save his life.
The funny thing is, he got the nomination b/c he was "electable". Honestly, he's making a fool of himself, and his wife is aiding the cause.

If he doesn't make up ground in the debates, this is going to be a squash, and my earlier prediction will be off by about 80-110 electoral college votes.
08-04-2004 10:10 AM
The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

DrTorch Wrote:
Ninerfan1 Wrote:He's an elitist, and I gurantee you he couldn't talk college football to save his life.
The funny thing is, he got the nomination b/c he was "electable". Honestly, he's making a fool of himself, and his wife is aiding the cause.

If he doesn't make up ground in the debates, this is going to be a squash, and my earlier prediction will be off by about 80-110 electoral college votes.
I watched the interview last night with Laura Bush.

Mrs. Ketchup should watch Mrs. Bush sometime, and learn what it means to be dignified and speak your mind without sounding like an @$$.

Why can't Mrs. Ketchup and Mr. Chin speak without coming off as cry baby rich snobs?
08-04-2004 10:19 AM
T-Monay820 Offline
Get Rotor-vated!

I Root For: Duke, VPI

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Not surprised really.
08-04-2004 11:07 AM
Advertisement

UTLAW Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

The Knight Time Wrote:Mrs. Ketchup should watch Mrs. Bush sometime, and learn what it means to be dignified and speak your mind without sounding like an @$$.
If I'm not mistaken Mrs. Kerry said she would like to model herself as first lady after Laura Bush. I think it was on the Larry King interview. If that's the case she would need to do a complete 180!
08-04-2004 11:56 AM
Dogger Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Crappies

When I heard about him saying we are all buckeyes in BG I cringed. Doesn't he know that BG about beat Ohio State last year. Stick with the politics and you'll win. Stay out of college football. I took some good ribbing from some of my friends on that one.
08-04-2004 03:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.