Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Things not rose in France
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest

The pun would be more clever if I had an accent aigu

Anyway
<a href='http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050127/ap_on_re_eu/france_too_much_wine' target='_blank'>http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/a...e_too_much_wine</a>
01-27-2005 02:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies

Here's a thought...

HARVEST A DIFFERENT CROP!

Freeloading Frenchies.
01-27-2005 02:45 PM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU

Given my wine-drinking 'Sideways' avatar, I felt like I should comment. :D

Quote:Vintners, some bearing a mock coffin marked "Here lies the last winemaker," held protests in several cities last month to appeal for government aid.

I swear, Protesting for Government Intervention is France's national pasttime. Not an labor/business issue can go by without one.

Quote:But because of European Union regulations, the process requires getting not only French but also European official approval.

Hey, ya get what you ask for. Double the regulations, double the fun.

But as GT says... if wine consumption has been declining for the last few decades, maybe it's time for some of them to cut back on production or move to another industry altogether. Instead it sounds like the old Soviet days where the government would waste time, money, and resources propping up dying industries in order to placate the worker unions.
01-28-2005 10:55 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Beaucoup d'Americains pensent qu'ils deviennent plus masculin s'ils insultent les Francais. Malheureusemnt, ces gens typiquement n'aiment pas l'art, la musique et la litterature. Ils aiment la guerre plus.
01-28-2005 11:04 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Beaucoup d'idiots ont perdu le contact avec la réalité et comment le monde fonctionne. Ces personnes typiquement n'aiment pas la logique, le bon sens, et le raisonnement. Ils aiment pleurnicher pour leur manière comme un enfant en bas âge. Ils tendent à soutenir les Français.
01-29-2005 04:57 AM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Je n'aime pas l'administration francaise, et aussi, le gouvernement souffle. Mais, quand on parle au sujet de France, on doit souvenir les personnes comme DeBussy, Bizet, Matisse, Du Bellay etc.... Aussi, je pense que Francais est toujours la langue officielle du monde.
Beaucoup de personnes ne comprennent pas que trop de logique souvent detruit le monde. Lisez un peu de Chesterton. Il y a beaucoup beaucoup beaucoup de verite la.
01-29-2005 02:43 PM
T-Monay820 Offline
Get Rotor-vated!

I Root For: Duke, VPI

La France suce. 03-nutkick
01-29-2005 03:03 PM
Advertisement

Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU

Open Secrets,

If you'd examine my post more closely, you can plainly see that I'm criticizing the the French (and EU) government regulations and the winery union, not "The French", their art, culture, or music.

And I especially wouldn't say an unkind word about the wonderful <a href='http://news.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2003/06/04/wfra04.xml' target='_blank'>Sabine Herold</a>. :D

(Thanks to AltaVista Babel Fish)
01-29-2005 04:54 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

I wasn't talking about you, Motown... Just many people in general (including GTS).
01-29-2005 04:59 PM

Les arts fins sont au fond de la vertu sociale, ont besoin, et valeur. Pas étonnamment, la France a une position semblable dans le monde. L'anglais est la langue internationale du buisness. Le Français est derrière l'Espagnol en termes de nombre de personnes qui le parlent.

English is the international language of buisness. French comes in at #3 behind Spanish in terms of the number of people who speak it.

"ENGLISH MOFO DO YOU SPEAK IT?!"
- Samuel L. Jackson
01-29-2005 07:28 PM
Advertisement

Skipuno Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UCF

Maybe a stupid question, but why couldnt winerys sell directly to distillerys? Why do they need several layers of goverment to be involved in the first place?
01-29-2005 09:08 PM

Skipuno Wrote:Maybe a stupid question, but why couldnt winerys sell directly to distillerys? Why do they need several layers of goverment to be involved in the first place?
Because that would be un-French, and far too logical.
01-30-2005 11:54 PM
DrTorch Offline

Open Secrets Wrote:Je n'aime pas l'administration francaise, et aussi, le gouvernement souffle. Mais, quand on parle au sujet de France, on doit souvenir les personnes comme DeBussy, Bizet, Matisse, Du Bellay etc.... Aussi, je pense que Francais est toujours la langue officielle du monde.
Beaucoup de personnes ne comprennent pas que trop de logique souvent detruit le monde. Lisez un peu de Chesterton. Il y a beaucoup beaucoup beaucoup de verite la.
Yeah, I remember Pascal, Voltaire, Rousseau, Bouguereau and Descartes as well. BUT, I also remember Camus and Sartre. The French jokes on philosophy. Do people even study existentialism anymore? It was in vogue for 30 years or so, but I guess people finally realize how pathetic it really was.

UNFORTUNATELY, it is now replaced by post-modernism, headed by Derrida's "theories". Once again, the French have pulled off a massive practical joke. I wouldn't mind if it was restricted to a few academicians who fear the world outside of old classrooms and cramped offices...but these ideas are adopted by entire universities! :mad:

Sacre Bleu! If you want humor, go watch some Benny Hill or something!

So French culture doesn't impress me much. Remember, those other guys are just dead white males.
01-31-2005 01:45 PM
Advertisement

Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Just curious... But what do you think of Kierkegaard, Torch?

And I agree that Sartre and Camus are BS.
01-31-2005 05:55 PM
DrTorch Offline

Open Secrets Wrote:Just curious... But what do you think of Kierkegaard, Torch?

And I agree that Sartre and Camus are BS.
I was just kind of being a jerk (now that's new!) and showing I could still read basic French.

I have read Camus and so I know something about him. (As well as the others I listed.)

I've never really read Kierkegaard so I can't comment.

I have been reading alot of comic books lately, so if anyone wants to discuss those, I can help!
02-01-2005 08:50 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.