Advertisement

Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

I'll begin with a definition.

at·tack (-tk)
v. at·tacked, at·tack·ing, at·tacks
v.tr.
1. To set upon with violent force.
2. To criticize strongly or in a hostile manner.

Anyone disagree?
02-02-2005 11:39 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

If you have a problem with a Mod/Admin, take it up in the PM Medium. Capiche?
02-02-2005 11:39 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Who said I did?

Let's keep this on topic, OK, Kev?

Now, if someone says, "Lick my balls!" I would consider it an attack. I have to think that falls under the definition of "criticizing in a hostile manner".

Similarly, if someone says "YOU IDIOT!" that would be an attack. That would be another hostile piece of criticism.
02-02-2005 11:44 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Open Secrets Wrote:No... Are you this retarded?

Your dumb*** has started nearly half of the threads on this board... I'm bound to post on some of them... Therefore, I will argue with you. Not because I necessarily disagree with you, but because you are a damned fool!
THIS is an attack, "Kiss My ***" is not. I WILL reiterate. If YOU have a problem with an Admin/Mod take it up with a PM. I will NOT tell you again.
02-02-2005 11:46 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

RebelKev Wrote:

Your dumb*** has started nearly half of the threads on this board... I'm bound to post on some of them... Therefore, I will argue with you. Not because I necessarily disagree with you, but because you are a damned fool!
THIS is an attack, "Kiss My ***" is not.
Fair enough. Care to elaborate?

Kev... I have not called anyone out on this thread. Let's keep it on topic, please.
02-02-2005 11:48 PM
Advertisement

Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Open Secrets Wrote:
RebelKev Wrote:

THIS is an attack, "Kiss My ***" is not.
Fair enough. Care to elaborate?

Kev... I have not called anyone out on this thread. Let's keep it on topic, please.
Nate, don't insult my intelligence. I am much more intelligent than you are. This entire thread was in response to another dialogue between us.

As far as KMA, how in the HELL is that an insult to the person it was directed at? ...and how in the HELL can it be equivocated to calling someone retarded?
02-02-2005 11:51 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

The hits just keep on coming.

In the same post, you claim superior intelligence, only to use the word "equivocate" completely out of context.

e·quiv·o·cate (-kwv-kt)
intr.v. e·quiv·o·cat·ed, e·quiv·o·cat·ing, e·quiv·o·cates
1. To use equivocal language intentionally.
2. To avoid making an explicit statement. See Synonyms at lie2.

You sure you didn't mean something like...

e·qual·ize (kw-lz)
v. e·qual·ized, e·qual·iz·ing, e·qual·iz·es
v.tr.
1. To make equal: equalized the responsibilities of the staff members.
2. To make uniform.
02-02-2005 11:55 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

By the way... Maybe you ought to explain to everyone exactly what you meant by "You can kiss my monkey ***!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: "
02-02-2005 11:57 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Nate, I'm gonna tell you one last time, you have a problem with an Admin/Mod, use PM. Otherwise, you will be banned.

As far as "To use equivocal language intentionally", this is what you did when you COMPARED EQUALLY calling someone retarded to someone saying "Kiss My ***". I can't believe you set yourself up like that, but oh well.
02-02-2005 11:59 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

LMAO!!!

e·quiv·o·cal (-kwv-kl)
adj.
1. Open to two or more interpretations and often intended to mislead; ambiguous. See Synonyms at ambiguous.
2. Of uncertain significance.
3. Of a doubtful or uncertain nature.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Still looking for "equalize" or something similar?
02-03-2005 12:01 AM
Advertisement

Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

I probably should get to sleep, but I just HAVE to see this.
02-03-2005 12:01 AM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Trust me, I know what it means Nate. It's funny that you had to go to dictionary.com to find the meaning. Just to let you know, I already HAVE my B.S. in Science and will get my B.S.B.A. in December. You, however, aren't even in college.

Like I said kid, don't question my intelligence. To equivocate means to make equivalent. ...which is what you did.

This IS the last time Nate. I already have the Admin Control Panel up. If you HAVE a damn problem with an Admin or Mod.....take it up in a PM. This is the last time.
02-03-2005 12:09 AM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

BTW, with the votes allowing you to come back last time, I don't think I'll have a problem keeping you gone as most were, "doesn't matter to me".
02-03-2005 12:11 AM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

I went to the dictionary hoping that it would be irrefutable, but damn, you are willing to argue with the freakin dictionary????

Again...

e·quiv·o·cal (-kwv-kl)
adj.
1. Open to two or more interpretations and often intended to mislead; ambiguous. See Synonyms at ambiguous.

Where in there does it say "to make equal"?
02-03-2005 12:12 AM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Quick, Kev, before I am banned.

Go here... <a href='http://www.thefreedictionary.com/equivocate' target='_blank'>http://www.thefreedictionary.com/equivocate</a>

and search "equal".

NOTHING! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
02-03-2005 12:13 AM
Advertisement

Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

And advanced degrees can only do so much for the naturally impaired. Not saying you are impaired... Just a generic statement.
02-03-2005 12:15 AM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Open Secrets Wrote:I went to the dictionary hoping that it would be irrefutable, but damn, you are willing to argue with the freakin dictionary????

Again...

e·quiv·o·cal (-kwv-kl)
adj.

Where in there does it say "to make equal"?
You gonna say equivalent isn't derived from equivocal? You might not be ready for Duke.
02-03-2005 12:15 AM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Open Secrets Wrote:And advanced degrees can only do so much for the naturally impaired. Not saying you are impaired... Just a generic statement.
That's all I needed.

Buh Bye.
02-03-2005 12:16 AM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Kev, READ THE DEFINITION!
02-03-2005 12:16 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.