Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Fascinating read.
Road Warrior Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

<a href='http://www.city-journal.org/html/15_3_black_family.html' target='_blank'>The Black Family, 40 years of lies</a>
07-27-2005 10:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

blah Offline
Just doing the splits

I Root For: Stretching

CrappiesBlazerTalk AwardDonatorsSkunkworksSurvivor Runner-up

I see no one wants to touch this one with a 10-foot pole.
07-29-2005 09:10 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

i would. i love speaking my mind. the reason noone wants to discuss this is, this news isn't exactly new. everybody on this board already knew the info that this writer shares.
07-29-2005 11:13 AM
uhmump95 Offline
Race Pimp

I Root For: all my hoes!
Crappies

I read it. It was kind of dry.

I agree with the gist of the article. The welfare program that was started to assist low income black families has actually done the opposite by taking the black male out of the home and rewarding unwed mothers for having bastard children. It has started a cycle that I only hope now is starting to be broken.
07-29-2005 11:19 AM
gruehls
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Pat Moynihan was never afraid to speak the truth. He and Jeane Kirkpatrick were great at the UN.
07-29-2005 01:30 PM
Quote this message in a reply
uhmump95 Offline
Race Pimp

Crappies

flyingswoosh Wrote:i would. i love speaking my mind. the reason noone wants to discuss this is, this news isn't exactly new. everybody on this board already knew the info that this writer shares.
How did everyone on this board get so knowledgeable about the plight of the low income black family?

Let me guess BET or was it some of your "black friends" who filled you in.
07-29-2005 03:48 PM
Advertisement

Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

uhmump95 Wrote:How did everyone on this board get so knowledgeable about the plight of the low income black family?

Well, reruns of 'Good Times' show up frequently on TV..
07-29-2005 04:32 PM
blah Offline
Just doing the splits

uhmump95 Wrote:
flyingswoosh Wrote:i would.&nbsp; i love speaking my mind.&nbsp; the reason noone wants to discuss this is, this news isn't exactly new.&nbsp; everybody on this board already knew the info that this writer shares.
How did everyone on this board get so knowledgeable about the plight of the low income black family?

"I was born a poor black sharecropper." - Steve Martin :D
07-29-2005 05:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RandyMc Offline
Reverend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

uhmump95 Wrote:How did everyone on this board get so knowledgeable about the plight of the low income black family?
I guess we should not believe our lying eyes?

I am a board member of the local Boys & Girls Clubs...............I see it everyday.

One does not have to cut their own stomach open to be able to see the inner workings of the gastrointestinal system.............

Oh, BTW, it is not just an inner city black family problem.......................
07-30-2005 01:11 AM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

uhmump95 Wrote:
flyingswoosh Wrote:i would.&nbsp; i love speaking my mind.&nbsp; the reason noone wants to discuss this is, this news isn't exactly new.&nbsp; everybody on this board already knew the info that this writer shares.

....because I am from Jackson, Mississippi. Next?

Oh, and swoosh, 04-bow
07-30-2005 02:28 PM
uhmump95 Offline
Race Pimp

Crappies

OwlJacket Wrote:

Well, reruns of 'Good Times' show up frequently on TV..
Good Times doesn't count. That was poor a black family where they had both parents. They were just keeping their heads above water, making a way if they can ..... well you know the rest
08-01-2005 11:05 AM
Advertisement

uhmump95 Offline
Race Pimp

Crappies

RebelKev Wrote:....because I am from Jackson, Mississippi. Next?
So I am to trust your view of black people that you have from under your white sheets ... next
08-01-2005 11:14 AM
uhmump95 Offline
Race Pimp

Crappies

RandyMc Wrote:Oh, BTW, it is not just an inner city black family problem.......................
Explain for me please
08-01-2005 11:18 AM
blah Offline
Just doing the splits

uhmump95 Wrote:
So I am to trust your view of black people that you have from under your white sheets ... next
:roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

How do you know his sheet is white? Maybe he is the Grand Wizard with the Shiny Red cloth. It seems the stereotypes never end.
08-01-2005 11:42 AM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

blah Wrote:
uhmump95 Wrote:

How do you know his sheet is white? Maybe he is the Grand Wizard with the Shiny Red cloth. It seems the stereotypes never end.
I just love how the race card is played when I have a differing view on the subject. "You don't pity inner-city black leeches so you must be a racist". WTFEVER. I don't pity inner-city white leeches, or leeches in general, either. Am I a racist there also? Or is there no such thing?
08-01-2005 08:17 PM
RandyMc Offline
Reverend

uhmump95 Wrote:
RandyMc Wrote:Oh, BTW, it is not just an inner city black family problem.......................
Explain for me please
Given your "white sheet" crack on Kevin...................I doubt you would even understand if I explained................

That was just stupid.............
08-02-2005 12:41 AM
Advertisement

Bourgeois_Rage Away
That guy!

I Root For: UC & Bushmills
Folding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGDonatorsDonators

Quote:So I am to trust your view of black people that you have from under your white sheets ... next

Yeah that ad hominem attack really convinced me of... whatever it is you are trying to convince me of... I won't even try to argue with someone who is so adept at logic and reason.
08-02-2005 07:16 AM
JTiger Offline
Grand Master Sexaaayyyy

uhmump95 Wrote:
WTF? You can't argue your point so you call someone a racist? If you were from this area, you would know what he's talking about. :stupid:
08-02-2005 07:49 AM
blah Offline
Just doing the splits

RebelKev Wrote:
blah Wrote:
uhmump95 Wrote:

I just love how the race card is played when I have a differing view on the subject. "You don't pity inner-city black leeches so you must be a racist". WTFEVER. I don't pity inner-city white leeches, or leeches in general, either. Am I a racist there also? Or is there no such thing?
I didn't think you were a racist, RebelKev. I was trying to point out the stupidity of uhmump95's post. I guess my sarcasm didn't translate well. It was funny to me that he got mad at you because he thought you jumped to your conclusion by watching BET and talking to your black friends, but then he himself jumps to the conclusion that you are in the Ku Klux Klan with no facts.
08-02-2005 08:32 AM
uhmump95 Offline
Race Pimp

Crappies

RebelKev Wrote:I just love how the race card is played when I have a differing view on the subject. "You don't pity inner-city black leeches so you must be a racist". WTFEVER. I don't pity inner-city white leeches, or leeches in general, either. Am I a racist there also? Or is there no such thing?
Where in this post made earlier did I say I was for supporting Inner City leeches.
Quote:I read it. It was kind of dry.

I agree with the gist of the article. The welfare program that was started to assist low income black families has actually done the opposite by taking the black male out of the home and rewarding unwed mothers for having bastard children. It has started a cycle that I only hope now is starting to be broken.
I hate the welfare system for what it has done to the inner city. The program was (and probably in many places still is) set up so that once you use it you start a cycle where you can't get off of it. Part of the problem is the system and part of the problem is there are very many black people out there who feel that they are owed something for slavery.

As for implying that you were racist, that came more from your answer of "I am from Jackson, Mississippi". How does that prove anything in itself? I will apologize for the blatant Klan implications.
08-02-2005 08:44 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.