Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Two months in a row
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest

<a href='http://www.newratings.com/analyst_news/article_956433.html' target='_blank'>Job gains solid</a>
08-08-2005 09:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JTiger Offline
Grand Master Sexaaayyyy

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

This is good, if the numbers are not seasonal. I don't think you'll find anyone on either side of the isle complaining about these numbers. I do wonder how many of them are HS or college students with summer jobs or seasonal tourist jobs. The article is pretty slim on details.
08-08-2005 10:13 AM
uhmump95 Offline
Race Pimp

I Root For: all my hoes!
Crappies

JTiger Wrote:I don't think you'll find anyone on either side of the isle complaining about these numbers.
Which isle are you talking about? Gilligan's :laugh:
08-08-2005 10:54 AM
JTiger Offline
Grand Master Sexaaayyyy

uhmump95 Wrote:
JTiger Wrote:I don't think you'll find anyone on either side of the isle complaining about these numbers.
Which isle are you talking about? Gilligan's :laugh:
Oops. Monday morning typo. Thanks for catching it. Doh!
08-08-2005 01:42 PM
Advertisement

ShoreBuc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU

5% Unemployment is awesome and that is not seasonal. Under President Clinton the media celebrated 5.6% unemployment like it was the greatest accomplishment in the history of the White House.
08-09-2005 03:56 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies

ShoreBuc Wrote:5% Unemployment is awesome and that is not seasonal. Under President Clinton the media celebrated 5.6% unemployment like it was the greatest accomplishment in the history of the White House.
Don't bring the UN biased media into this! :laugh:

I continue to laugh at the moron's that don't think the media is slanted.
08-09-2005 04:14 PM
JTiger Offline
Grand Master Sexaaayyyy

ShoreBuc Wrote:5% Unemployment is awesome and that is not seasonal. Under President Clinton the media celebrated 5.6% unemployment like it was the greatest accomplishment in the history of the White House.
In his second term, unemplyment rates were about 4%, not 5.6%. Those conditions were inherited from Bush41.

<a href='http://scmw.org/data/Lenawee%20County%20Business%20and%20Industry/Unemployment%20Rates%2090-00.htm' target='_blank'>http://scmw.org/data/Lenawee%20County%20Bu...tes%2090-00.htm</a>
08-10-2005 07:37 AM
Advertisement

ShoreBuc Offline
Heisman

JT,
Unemployment rate reached 4.0% under Clinton and finished at 4.2% My point being the media celebrated 5.6% unemployment during the first Clinton term like we had reached full employment and now they act like Americans are one paycheck away from selling apples on the street.
08-10-2005 03:21 PM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU

Meanwhile, the workers paradise known as France is giddy over the drop in unemployment from 10.2% to 10.1% in June...

<a href='http://news.ft.com/cms/s/dca92f4e-093a-11da-880b-00000e2511c8.html' target='_blank'>http://news.ft.com/cms/s/dca92f4e-093a-11d...000e2511c8.html</a>
08-10-2005 08:18 PM
JTiger Offline
Grand Master Sexaaayyyy

ShoreBuc Wrote:JT,
Unemployment rate reached 4.0% under Clinton and finished at 4.2% My point being the media celebrated 5.6% unemployment during the first Clinton term like we had reached full employment and now they act like Americans are one paycheck away from selling apples on the street.
Because 5.6% from 7.2% is significant as opposed to todays numbers, which were at 6% i think for the high point.
08-11-2005 11:59 AM
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest

JTiger Wrote:
ShoreBuc Wrote:JT,
Because 5.6% from 7.2% is significant as opposed to todays numbers, which were at 6% i think for the high point.
But, the media spun the 6% unemployment as the end of the world. So media pundits, is 6% a big deal or not?
08-12-2005 08:44 AM
JTiger Offline
Grand Master Sexaaayyyy

DrTorch Wrote:But, the media spun the 6% unemployment as the end of the world.&nbsp; So media pundits, is 6% a big deal or not?
Perhaps we got used to 4% as the norm and not an anomaly. I think it's like the economy. We got used to seeing great opportunites and our 401k's going through the roof for so long we accepted it as normal and not as an unusual expansion. With our short attention spans, we forget the double digit interest rates of the early 80's.
08-12-2005 09:21 AM
ShoreBuc Offline
Heisman

I cant speak for everyone but my 401k is doing great and my family is making more money under the Bush administration then it did during Clinton. I dont give Bush credit for that, I give my wife and myself credit. We can argue all day long whether the President actually has an effect on unemployment or market factors to a large degree.
08-13-2005 05:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.