Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Good luck Knights & Panthers
Bookmark and Share
OrangeCamel Offline

I Root For: Campbell

I'll be watching how you do in your new leagues next season. Consider this a complement! I guess I feel a little kinship with UCF and GSU after participating with posters from these schools over the past 3(?) years. I can't say that I'll necessarily miss UCF and GSU, but I'll miss their posters!! Don't be strangers and don't forget your TAAC/A-Sun (not A-Shame or A-Suck) roots!

I enjoyed all the UCF and GSU participants from last year's A-Sun Pick'Em (thanks GaStPanthers for your help in spreading the word around!). Thanks again to "st" for all the baseball updates and to "xmattx" for helping us with this new board.

(Good luck, also, to the Trojans...wish we heard a little more from them on this board and on UCF Rivals.)
06-22-2005 08:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

Thank you, and good luck to your Camels!
06-22-2005 09:53 PM
OrangeCamel Offline

Thanks. I believe the wins will finally start coming around for Campbell basketball next year.

Next year will be very interesting for everyone. Even the A-Sun will seem like a new league!

Have fun in C-USA and beat ECU!!
06-23-2005 07:44 PM
Advertisement

GaStPanthers Offline
1st String

I Root For: Georgia State

Good luck to you too CU'87/Orange Camel! I'm picking you guys as my sleeper team in the A-Sun next year.....that young squad of yours is seasoned this year after a year in which they had a lot of tough breaks.....I expect those breaks to start going CU's way this year.

Good luck Camels, and the rest of the A-Sun!
06-24-2005 02:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
OrangeCamel Offline

GSPanthers, any idea who might emerge as Ga State's top CAA rival yet? Where do you think GSU will place in the standings next year?

CU plays at W&M this season and hosts UNCW.
06-24-2005 05:15 AM
Advertisement

Krocker Krapp Offline
Number 1 Starter

I Root For: RU, SJU, UConn

Actually, come to think of it, who will be the closest school to Georgia State in the CAA? UNC-Wilmington? That's going to be a very high-mileage league as it stretches from Boston to Atlanta, almost like an "ACC Lite" (not meant derogatorily). The CAA will also get interesting over the next few years due to the fact that football is driving the league's agenda more and more. Old Dominion just announced they will add a team by 2009. Does that put any pressure on Georgia State and other non-football members?
06-24-2005 02:41 PM
Essency Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UCF

Good luck to the Camels. Since we're moving on, I'm hoping the schools staying behind will pick up where we left off and continue to pummel the Hatters. :D It's tradition you know....
06-27-2005 11:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

xmattxucfx Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

OrangeCamel Wrote:I'll be watching how you do in your new leagues next season. Consider this a complement! I guess I feel a little kinship with UCF and GSU after participating with posters from these schools over the past 3(?) years. I can't say that I'll necessarily miss UCF and GSU, but I'll miss their posters!! Don't be strangers and don't forget your TAAC/A-Sun (not A-Shame or A-Suck) roots!

I enjoyed all the UCF and GSU participants from last year's A-Sun Pick'Em (thanks GaStPanthers for your help in spreading the word around!). Thanks again to "st" for all the baseball updates and to "xmattx" for helping us with this new board.

(Good luck, also, to the Trojans...wish we heard a little more from them on this board and on UCF Rivals.)
Good luck man. Glad to help you get this board off the ground. I see that it is coming along nicely even in the off-season.

Good luck to the Campbell Fighting Camels this coming season! 04-cheers
07-01-2005 03:42 PM
GaStPanthers Offline
1st String

I Root For: Georgia State

OrangeCamel Wrote:GSPanthers, any idea who might emerge as Ga State's top CAA rival yet? Where do you think GSU will place in the standings next year?

CU plays at W&M this season and hosts UNCW.
OC, sorry it took so long to reply, Ive been busy of late. But to answer your question, I dont know yet....we'll have to see how comepetive GSU is in the CAA...'cause in my opinion rivalries are made on the court/field.

But one thing being in the CAA does for us that will help us foster rivalries is that it puts us in a league with schools that are like us. A good portion of the CAA schools are in cities, and are public....so thier students are more like our students...this common ground could be and I think will be a major factor in building those rivalries.

In light of that I think our most likely "rivals" could be from Northeastern, George Mason, and VCU. That being said we could be playing Towson and a on court fight could break out because a foul was a little hard....and then like magic a rivalry is born....so who knows. :)
07-01-2005 07:04 PM
OrangeCamel Offline

Yeah, I thought fellow-newcomer Northeastern might have the potential to be a good rival for GSU....at least in this first year.

Institutionally, GSU will definitely fit in better with the Colonial. Geographically, though?....Maybe CofC and UNCG will join someday to fill-in that big space between Atlanta and Wilmington!
07-01-2005 08:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.