Year Four, SBC: bigger, stronger, faster
Bookmark and Share
SwampHound Offline
All American

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

Sunday, September 12, 2004
84reasons.blogspot.com

In week two of the 2004 college football season, the teams of the Sun Belt Conference are coming into their own. And as they do, we are seeing the balance of power shifting within the ranks.

Troy has knocked off both Marshall and 19th-ranked Missouri. Florida Atlantic has beaten Hawai'i AND North Texas, the only champion the Sun Belt has known.

While Floridas Atlantic and International will not compete in the conference this season, Troy will.

UNT's stronghold on the New Orleans Bowl is in question, and right now Troy seems like the odds-on favorite to represent the SBC in December. Fortunately for the Mean Green, their game game against FAU doesn't count in the conference standings.

<a href='http://www.84reasons.blogspot.com//' target='_blank'>Full Story</a>
09-13-2004 10:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

REDDOG2 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

04-bow Yall are lookiing better every week. WKU needs to make the BELT our football home, which I think we will. MTSU would make for a great rivalry. Troy is very impressive as is FAU. I do not wish to leave anyone out as yall would make for much better competition. Our 1-AA conference Gateway is 13th in the sagarin and the Belt is 11th. I believe it is time for WKU to make THE MOVE. 04-bow
09-14-2004 07:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
badgerwolf Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

REDDOG2 Wrote:04-bow Yall are lookiing better every week. WKU needs to make the BELT our football home, which I think we will. MTSU would make for a great rivalry. Troy is very impressive as is FAU. I do not wish to leave anyone out as yall would make for much better competition. Our 1-AA conference Gateway is 13th in the sagarin and the Belt is 11th. I believe it is time for WKU to make THE MOVE. 04-bow

With WKU's history in the SBC, there would be several immediate games of interest for WKU football fans. I agree; WKU vs MTSU would be a good rivalry!

Go SBC Football!!
04-cheers
09-14-2004 07:47 AM
Advertisement

CAJUNNATION Offline
1st String

I Root For: Western Civilization

REDDOG2 Wrote:04-bow Yall are lookiing better every week. WKU needs to make the BELT our football home, which I think we will. MTSU would make for a great rivalry. Troy is very impressive as is FAU. I do not wish to leave anyone out as yall would make for much better competition. Our 1-AA conference Gateway is 13th in the sagarin and the Belt is 11th. I believe it is time for WKU to make THE MOVE. 04-bow
I would love to take the Topper/Cajun Basketball rivalry to the gridiron.

Warning: don't take too long to make the move. The SBC will only get tougher from now on.
09-14-2004 12:41 PM
REDDOG2 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

04-cheers I totally agree with CAJUN NATION, LET'S ROCK! Geaux WKU!!!!! 04-cheers
09-14-2004 03:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.