Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The thread to talk about Mongo
Capital Pirate Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina

Crappies

PirateTreasureNC Wrote:We need a PR campaign to get all the Pirate fans off that baord to here.

As long as this board embraces "fans" like Derrek Croney, you'll be hard pressed to "get" any real Pirates over here.....you guys just don't get it - and seeing as Croney has his hands all over this (ECU) site, it appears you never will.
11-04-2006 08:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,

Capital Pirate Wrote:
PirateTreasureNC Wrote:We need a PR campaign to get all the Pirate fans off that baord to here.

As long as this board embraces "fans" like Derrek Croney, you'll be hard pressed to "get" any real Pirates over here.....you guys just don't get it - and seeing as Croney has his hands all over this (ECU) site, it appears you never will.

WDF is Derek Croney? and why would I care?
11-04-2006 11:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
william146 Offline
Back in action...

PirateTreasureNC Wrote:
Capital Pirate Wrote:

WDF is Derek Croney? and why would I care?

Don't open up that can of worms. This site is fine for Pirate fans - Mongo doesn't pretend to hide his love of UNC, and he doesn't stand here and bash ECU either. As long as he continues along that path, I've got no problem with him over here. There are far more embarassing folks claiming to be ECU fans over on the C-USA board here than for me to worry about Mongo.

And your post kind of hints that since we post over here, we're not "real" Pirate fans. You've got a personal vendetta against Mongo for reasons that I understand, but yet you still post over here from time to time. If he really bothered you that much, you'd just forget about this board and stay away. You don't do that though.

Take your fued that's obviously between you and him off the boards and there's no problem. The only mention or even hint at his past problems ALWAYS come from you -- let it go, Cap.
11-04-2006 12:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Capital Pirate Offline
All American

Crappies

The post that was made that I responded to suggested going to "get" Pirate fans from another board to come here - and what I told that poster in response, in a nutshell, was as long as you guys have a board that Croney has his hands all over, you may as well wish for a leprechaun to climb out of your anus and lead you to a pot of gold.

I have no problem at all with the Pirates that post here - and from what I can tell, all of them are good Pirates, at that...what I'm telling you is that this board has a cancer growing on it, and THAT cancer is going keep a good majority of other Pirates from EVER posting here. Don't for a minute think that it is just me who remembers Croney's squat over the ECU community.......

As long as folks around here bash true Pirates like Mark Lindsay and embrace people like Croney who have for years s*** all over East Carolina on every occasion they get, I'll call it like I see it.....for all the things Pirates find fault with that Mark does, he's a Pirate - and anyone who knows what has gone on in the past would choose Mark's ramblings over Croney any day of the week.....
11-04-2006 03:35 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,

Capital Pirate Wrote:The post that was made that I responded to suggested going to "get" Pirate fans from another board to come here - and what I told that poster in response, in a nutshell, was as long as you guys have a board that Croney has his hands all over, you may as well wish for a leprechaun to climb out of your anus and lead you to a pot of gold.

I have no problem at all with the Pirates that post here - and from what I can tell, all of them are good Pirates, at that...what I'm telling you is that this board has a cancer growing on it, and THAT cancer is going keep a good majority of other Pirates from EVER posting here. Don't for a minute think that it is just me who remembers Croney's squat over the ECU community.......

As long as folks around here bash true Pirates like Mark Lindsay and embrace people like Croney who have for years s*** all over East Carolina on every occasion they get, I'll call it like I see it.....for all the things Pirates find fault with that Mark does, he's a Pirate - and anyone who knows what has gone on in the past would choose Mark's ramblings over Croney any day of the week.....

Cap ..... I'm not gonna argue with you... because it will be fruitless on my part. But if someone can't handle the fact that UNC was not behind the tape delay of the game then so be it. I don not question OTMs love for the Pirates nor should he question mine.

I'm done.

LOCK THIS THREAD BEFORE IT GETS UGLY PLEASE.
11-04-2006 04:28 PM
william146 Offline
Back in action...

Quote:I don not question OTMs love for the Pirates

Nor do I, but the guy's clearly got a VERY outside opinion on a lot of things, which is why he's not welcome on other boards as well. I don't question his loyalty (although he's questioned mine for simply disagreeing with him), but I question his sanity.
11-04-2006 04:43 PM
Advertisement

Lethemeul Offline
Fancy Pants

I Root For: Pirates!

NCAAbbs LUGDonatorsFolding@NCAAbbs

The title of the thread should spell it out clearly. Wanna talk about Mongo, do it here. If it falls off the front page, fine. If it stays on the top of the front page, fine. I'll leave this thread alone as long as things stay clean and within the bounds of the AUP (meaning you can't call him a poopiehead, etc).

If like comments are posted in another thread, they'll be deleted as I'm tired of such posts breaking threads.
11-07-2006 03:24 PM
william146 Offline
Back in action...

You're just embracing him.
11-07-2006 03:31 PM
Lethemeul Offline
Fancy Pants

william146 Wrote:You're just embracing him.

I'm just a cog in the machine. I can't help it.

Mongo, let's hug it out b!tch. ;-)

PS - I'm pretty sure you're not paying attention, but you got pwnd by me this week. You should feel bad about yourself.
11-07-2006 03:43 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies

Lethemeul Wrote:PS - I'm pretty sure you're not paying attention, but you got pwnd by me this week. You should feel bad about yourself.

What did I miss?
11-07-2006 03:47 PM
Lethemeul Offline
Fancy Pants

GrayBeard Wrote:
Lethemeul Wrote:PS - I'm pretty sure you're not paying attention, but you got pwnd by me this week. You should feel bad about yourself.

What did I miss?

Fantasy football. I'm doing an awesome impersonation of the Raiders.
11-07-2006 03:48 PM
Advertisement

ecuacc4ever Offline
Resident Geek Musician

I Root For: ACC
SkunkworksDonatorsPWNER of Scout/Rivals

Lethemeul.. I thought it would have been YOU that would have started a "bash Mongo" thread, as we have discussed in private.

Tell me you didn't pay Kapeetal Pir8 to do it... Tell me... Tell me...

05-stirthepot lmfao
11-07-2006 04:06 PM
Lethemeul Offline
Fancy Pants

MongoSlade Wrote:Lethemeul.. I thought it would have been YOU that would have started a "bash Mongo" thread, as we have discussed in private.

Tell me you didn't pay Kapeetal Pir8 to do it... Tell me... Tell me...

05-stirthepot lmfao

I built it, Cap was just a brick in the wall.
11-07-2006 04:10 PM
chris_young Offline
Special Teams

I'm also a UNC fan and UNC-G fan, so you want me gone too?

03-hissyfit
11-07-2006 04:12 PM
ecuacc4ever Offline
Resident Geek Musician

Lethemeul Wrote:

PS - I'm pretty sure you're not paying attention, but you got pwnd by me this week. You should feel bad about yourself.
Been distracted by 'life' and haven't even FOLLOWED the fantasy league.
11-07-2006 04:13 PM
ecuacc4ever Offline
Resident Geek Musician

chris_young Wrote:I'm also a UNC fan and UNC-G fan, so you want me gone too?

03-hissyfit
Son, you'd have to hijack a Pirate Club site to achieve that honor.

Seriously though.. you can (and should) stay 'round. Just the fact that OTM's not over here is incentive enough.
11-07-2006 04:16 PM
Advertisement

GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies

MongoSlade Wrote:

03-hissyfit

I think we have gotten along, OK over here, but I must admit that was low, even for you.
11-07-2006 04:17 PM
ecuacc4ever Offline
Resident Geek Musician

GrayBeard Wrote:
MongoSlade Wrote:

03-hissyfit

I think we have gotten along, OK over here, but I must admit that was low, even for you.
It was low and of all the things that went down in '02, that's the one thing I regret. Crossed the line.
11-07-2006 04:20 PM
Lethemeul Offline
Fancy Pants

MongoSlade Wrote:
Lethemeul Wrote:

Been distracted by 'life' and haven't even FOLLOWED the fantasy league.

Excuses excuses.

*Says the man whose televised football consumption has decreased 95% after acquisition of Wife 1.0
11-07-2006 04:20 PM
ShoreBuc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU

Mongo is like a lot of other sports fans and that is....lazy. Don't mean this in a deragatory term but it is fact. Most sports fans like to root for winners and he pulls for crapolina. It is the easy thing to do until football season comes around.
I pull for East Carolina because I was born Down East and it will always be my home no matter how many times I move. I love the people, I love my school and I love Pirate Athletics. It is a huge part of my life and now my wife who graduated George Mason is an honorary Pirate. We look forward to traveling to see the Pirates and the comradory of the Pirate Club, Alumni and ECU fans.
Mongo does not feel that way and he is one of many that come and go from a school and never pull for it.
When it comes down between OTM and Mongo, I will pick OTM every time. He is part of the Pirate family and I always side with family.
11-08-2006 08:47 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.