Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Latest Episode of "The Beat and the Beard" UNCW sports podcast
Bookmark and Share
82hawk Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UN CW
RE: Latest Episode of "The Beat and the Beard" UNCW sports podcast
(06-29-2018 11:36 PM)billthebighawksfan Wrote:  Alex/Michael,
How about a pro wresting take here. I believe that this was brought up at some point and it would be fun to discuss as it's the off season. Who's getting it down right now? Who's your all time favorite? My feeling is that Seth "freaking" Rollins is the best overall wrestler in the business right now. My all time favorites were Rick Flair and Mr. Perfect just for reference.

As far as the Hawks goes....it would be good to get a feel for how Jeantal may fit into the rotation. You guys may have seen more of him but he's an interesting piece but sounds like he would be better as a complimentary 4 man at this point that can defend, run and score some. Surely he will get minutes at the 4 with his athleticism, but just how he fits is interesting. My gut is that the WF from Charlotte will get a chance to step up as a true freshman and Estime will step up next year as he can play multiple positions and is smart with the ball. When I write "step up" that doesn't mean starting initially, it means being a rotational player that can get into the main mix or eventually be a starter. I can see why McGrath got the guy from Ga. Southern now because he's an underated scorer/athlete that can play off of Cacok with his experience and stabilize the 4 spot because he's an efficient scorer in his role and understands how to play off others. This team has options in the post now with Matt ready and Kalina with a year under his belt. It will be interesting to see if Kalina continues to develop. He may play a whole lot more next year than expected. He has tools and is big. Matt can flat out shoot the ball for a big and if he can get his D and boards where he needs it, will be a force to be reckoned with.

Kalina has a lot of upside. He's got some decent moves, but seems to be unaware he's 7 foot tall. If the coaches can get him to play fearlessly and aggressive, he'd be a load to handle. It would be nice if we could get some quality minutes from him at the 5, but out problem is we have a lot of players for the 4 spot this year, as i'm sure Cacock would like to improve is game as a WF instead of a center.
06-30-2018 04:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Latest Episode of "The Beat and the Beard" UNCW sports podcast - 82hawk - 06-30-2018 04:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.