Interesting polling data from Arkansas
Bookmark and Share
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
RE: Interesting polling data from Arkansas
(05-01-2014 06:35 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  
(05-01-2014 05:57 PM)Louisianafanrcajun90 Wrote:  
(05-01-2014 04:16 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  Asked who their favorite college team was,
51% picked the Hogs
13% AState
5% UALR

Now get those 148,000 UALR fans and 385,000 AState fans in the stands!
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/...ansas.html

I would say this is encouraging news for stAte. We are similar with one monolithic university that every fry cook and cashier is a fan. It's about winning the hearts and minds. That takes decades or a national championship. I would say stAte is moving on up! Does UALR really have 148,000 fans???? I forget that school is even there.

Frankly, I am shocked that only 51% self-identified as Razorback fans. I knew that support was a mile-wide and an inch deep but 51% was surprising.

Doesn't surprise me, the Nate Silver estimate in 2011 pegged Arkansas fan support at 990,000 but this poll would tab it at 1.5 million. That would mean at least a third of those self-identifying aren't big enough fans to have been picked up by Silver's data.

Silver's data in 2011 would have been based on 2010 when Arkansas was coming off a 10-3 season while AState was coming off consecutive 4-8.

Also looking at google data which is often used to gauge fan interest, astate is more searched than Arkansas state red wolves, few researchers would look for AState.
05-01-2014 08:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interesting polling data from Arkansas - arkstfan - 05-01-2014 08:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.