Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NCAA to have New 5 Conference Subdivision in August
Bookmark and Share
baruna falls Offline
All American

I Root For: ECU
RE: NCAA to have New 5 Conference Subdivision in August
(04-25-2014 11:29 AM)Kittonhead Wrote:  I think Aresco at least knows what the reality is. He may say differently but I think he sees value in G5 solidarity

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App

I disagree. I do not think Aresco wants to be associated with the G5 as do any of the schools in the AAC. This is not a slam on the rest of the G5 but the AAC schools are in different financial boats that most of the G5 schools.

I think you will find Aresco, being directed by the AAC schools, to fight to keep pace with P5 no matter what the cost. The AAC has a tremendous amount of money sitting in its war chest. That just in itself gives the conference an edge that the other G5 do not have. Again, this is not about bragging rights, it is simply a matter of cash and vision for the AAC schools. The next big moment for the AAC will be whether or not the conference is able renegotiate its current contract with ESPN. Aresco mentioned this in an interview a month ago, and said that the AAC has a window in which to do so. If the AAC does receive more money, then I think you will see even less cooperation from the AAC with the rest of the G5.

If the AAC can not keep up financially with the P5, than I would love to see new conferences form within the G5 that are more regional in nature. My sense however, is that the AAC is willing to spend millions and millions of dollars to stay viable with the P5. Most of the schools in the AAC see themselves as P5 schools already.
04-26-2014 08:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NCAA to have New 5 Conference Subdivision in August - baruna falls - 04-26-2014 08:54 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.