Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Commissioner Benson interviewed again at Ga. Southern baseball game (4/12)
Bookmark and Share
Gemofthehills Offline
All American

I Root For: JSU
RE: Commissioner Benson interviewed again at Ga. Southern baseball game (4/12)
(04-15-2014 10:18 AM)bamaEagle Wrote:  
(04-15-2014 09:52 AM)jsualumnus Wrote:  
(04-15-2014 09:36 AM)bamaEagle Wrote:  
(04-14-2014 10:46 PM)jsualumnus Wrote:  
(04-14-2014 07:38 PM)bamaEagle Wrote:  Congratulations on telling me what I have or have not done. I've been to at least 5 games, which I would assume is more than most posters here that aren't JSU fans. One of the games was in 2012, so fairly recent. It was the UTC game and the game was great, but the atmosphere was not. JSU just doesn't offer much in my opinion.

Then you slept through the experience, maybe?

Maybe you just think too highly of where your team is in the world of division 1 football. The stadium is nice, band is great, and the town is very modest, which are all good things. On the other hand, the student body doesn't care much about JSU athletics and nearly every facility besides football is way behind. Add all that to the fact that our state of 4 million people has 5 FBS teams, and you have a program like JSU not getting in.

I love it when people drink the Kool-Aid from Troy

I don't have to drink the kool-aid from Troy. I live in the state, I see it every day. If there is any state that has more issues with their alumni rooting for the big boy program than Georgia, its the great state of Alabama. JSU does not have the support, or they would be in the belt by now. I have seen the campus, the facilities, the lack of support, and everything else that needs to be seen to not want JSU in the SBC. One of my friends worked for the athletic department at JSU, graduated from JSU, and loves JSU, but he explained the same thing to me, so its not just the Troy fans and myself that share this opinion.

Fan Support? Compared to UAT and Auburn, No. Compared to teams in or considering by SB, yes.
JSU 15,814
SB avg is around 17,800
2,000 differences with a FCS schedule

Rumored candidates:
AL State 14,387
JMU 21,011
MO ST 8,700
UTC 9,922
Lamar 8,379
Sam Houston 7,040
Towson 8,473
UMASS 15,830
Liberty 15,031
JMU the highest and JSU couldnt beat them for the bid anyway. The only other one higher is UMASS with a FBS schedule.

Other close comparable FBS schools:
UAB 10,548
Middle 18,715
WKU 18,334

About the same as SB members

New member:
App St 24,894
GA So 14,828

JSU is inline with GA SO and behind App St to no one surprise but so is everyone in the SB minus ULL.

I understand you dont care for JSU and so be it, but the numbers just dont back you up.

Facilities improvements are needed at JSU which no one denies but why didnt GASO do their improvements before a bid was offered? Most schools do not have the luxury of making these investments without the promise of a FBS future. The leadership at GASO was smart not to make a FBS investment until the FBS funds would be available.

JSUs biggest obstacle is already having two Alabama members in the SB. The good part for JSU is the population base is in the Northern part of the state which the SB has almost zero coverage with Troy and USA.
(This post was last modified: 04-15-2014 11:42 AM by Gemofthehills.)
04-15-2014 11:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Commissioner Benson interviewed again at Ga. Southern baseball game (4/12) - Gemofthehills - 04-15-2014 11:41 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.