arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite
(04-09-2014 11:46 PM)Kittonhead Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 11:36 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 11:30 PM)Kittonhead Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 11:22 PM)GoAppsGo92 Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 11:03 PM)GaSoEagle Wrote:  I don't see that the Sun Belt owes UMass anything. Idaho joined this year knowing that it was only a 2 year football agreement. The Sun Belt does not owe them anything beyond that either.

No one said the SBC owes UMASS anything. I think that if UMASS can't find a home and we are at 13 with Idaho as football only, it would be discussed to bring an east coast football only into the mix. If both were paying annual dues, and there was a travel offset agreement like we have with IDAHO, then it might work to get to 14 that way. My preference is for this evening's rumors to come true and that we have 2 full members joining the league in the footprint of the conference. We can have the UMASS/IDAHO discussion next year.

Or a new Eastern Seaboard conference discussion.....

With CUSA's exit fee tied against damages to the TV contract it may be Georgia State, Georgia Southern, App State, JMU, UMass ect that will lead the charge for a separatist league. Convince 1-2 to join from CUSA like Marshall and ODU but not enough schools to bring down value of the entire contract.

03-idea

Contract expires in 2016. Can't hurt the value of a contract yet to be negotiated (in an easily provable way)

It expires in 2015-16. I think the eastern upgrades of the SBC might be a little late to the party to try to force something by the end of next year.

If you fast forward to about 2018-19 in advance of the next round of bowl contracts and CFP negotiations then it would make more sense to split when you can gain your own set of bowls, payout for the CFP ect. CUSA's deal will probably not go beyond 2019-20 anyways so hurting a contract won't be a problem then either.

The basic fact is the CUSA/SBC double footprint alignment is not in the best interest of the schools of those conferences. The way you build a football following is by playing a regional schedule, IMO.

This is the south.

We aren't very egalitarian. Self-worth is often measured not in competition but in who you can exclude from your club. The more you are able to exclude the better your club is.
04-10-2014 08:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reports out of missouri saying JMU and MSU recieved invite - arkstfan - 04-10-2014 08:37 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.