Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Sun Belt Conference votes to expand
Bookmark and Share
ValleyFAN Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Missouri State
RE: Sun Belt Conference votes to expand
Missouri State fan here. Don't confuse my nickname with my views on the SBC. Just an old username that I use on all boards. I, along with many MSU fans, see the Sun Belt as a good potential opportunity for our university. I love the MVC but like a lot of MSU fans now I dont think we can successfully grow our university without FBS football.

I'll be up front in saying that Missouri State football has a lot of work to do. That said, I think that a move to the SBC would force our university to finally commit 100% to football. The potential is there. Finally our leaders are showing they are willing to put forth the effort to grow the program, and the stadium renovations are just the first step.

There are a lot of Bears fans who oppose the move, thinking that it would water down our basketball program. There are others who (no offense to current SBC basketball teams) see a move to the SBC as good for basketball because it would definitely increase our chances of going dancing again. Although we have not made the NCAAs in basketball since 99, our mens basketball program is THE thing at Missouri State University. Our arena is big time. Keep in mind that we have also been competing with Wichita State, Creighton, and even some good UNI teams. We have gotten snubbed twice and even hold the record for best rpi not to be selected. Another growing frustration with fans is that when we finally won our conference regular season championship in 2011, we did not make the dance since we lost in the tourney in a down overall year for the league. I know football is the driving force but I also hope that some SBC fans can look past our failures in football and see the potential that we bring in other sports.

Anyway, just a bears fan stopping by, sounds like things should be interesting in the future. Hope things turn out!
03-24-2014 07:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sun Belt Conference votes to expand - ValleyFAN - 03-24-2014 07:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.