ARSTATEFAN1986 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Arkansas State
RE: Karl Benson interview from today about realignment
(05-08-2014 03:09 PM)asupatch Wrote:  
(05-08-2014 02:59 PM)LUSportsFan Wrote:  
(05-08-2014 02:32 PM)asupatch Wrote:  
(05-08-2014 02:30 PM)LUSportsFan Wrote:  
(05-08-2014 02:11 PM)asupatch Wrote:  Cause they did it with winning seasons. You have yet to experience a winning season. You had high averages when it was new and shiney, so does everyone else. Check what UNCC's attendance does over the next couple years if they continue to lose like you guys. MSU also brings good basketball. EKU has 2 national titles. All things Lamar does not have.

We've been to the NCAA tournament two times since MSU's last time. Our last appearance was in 2012. We've won 5 NCAA tournament games vs MSU's 3. We've both been to the NCAA tournament 6 times. We both made the Sweet 16.

In football, a national title didn't exist when we played football before, but we do have a win over a top 20 D-1A (FBS) in our history. Before we went independent D-1AA (FCS), we were consistently drawing 16,000-17,000 in attendance (in a 17,500 seat stadium). Attendance dropped off during the independent period. That's what killed the program.

8k and 4 consecutive losing seasons is all I need to see. Nothing to see here people, move on.

The 4 consecutive losing seasons were during our first four seasons back. Being a start up is heck! Ask Georgia State who is starting the program with an FBS schedule. At least last year we were more competitive than we had been in previous seasons. We lost to one 10-2 playoff team by 4 points. We lost to another 9-5 playoff team by 11 points. Those type of games had been blowouts in their favor in the other three seasons. The year before we lost to those same playoff teams 35-0 and 56-7 respectively. Next, we need to turn those close losses into wins.

I am no Georgia State support either, I prefer teams to earn their way in, like Troy, App, Georgia Southern, Arkansas State. I get the Georgia State gets the Atlanta market argument even though they are obviously behind GT and UGA in ATL, but Lamar would be 8th in the pecking order, Texas,TT,TCU, SMU, Rice, TAMU, Houston, Texas State.

Why did the exploding WAC not bring you aboard when they were trying to survive?
05-08-2014 03:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Karl Benson interview from today about realignment - ARSTATEFAN1986 - 05-08-2014 03:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.