oasispirate Offline
1st String

I Root For: East Carolina
RE: ECU starting RB suspended for horrible crime
(03-09-2013 05:24 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(03-09-2013 05:07 PM)PGPirate Wrote:  
(03-09-2013 03:40 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(03-09-2013 03:31 PM)Niner National Wrote:  
(03-09-2013 02:36 PM)PGPirate Wrote:  Actually, both states have decriminalized cannabis possession laws.
[Image: Map-of-US-state-cannabis-laws.svg]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decriminali...ted_States
hell I wasn't even being serious. I was just taking a shot at MS for FINALLY ratifying the 14th amendment last month.

...and you guys manufacture the number one killing agent on the planet...wtfe

I don't see how growing tobacco relates to being 140 years late to the 14th amentment, but sure.......I won't even start on what Mississippi leads the country in.

...ummmmm, you were slamming MS for some stupid archival oversight......ummmm, slamming back for the stupidity of your comment for being a leader in contributing to the number one killer in the world which you are obviously still okay with....at least you figured out the tobacco part w/o any help...start growing weed legally and stop producing a product that keeps da po' po'er and destroys more lives than alcohol and all illegal drugs combined. ...or you can do the Sunday forgiveness thing and ignore all the health problem that this product causes...last time I checked, we figured out our oversight....you guys just continue on like it's a non-issue...hypocrite

MS leads in having to deal with dumb*** comments like yours..

I'm ok with tobacco not because I agree with the tobacco industry on anything, but because I know you can't legislate morality. BTW I have no idea the numbers now. But tobacco isn't nearly as common here as is was 20 years ago from a crop standpoint.
03-09-2013 05:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EagleX Offline
Wake me when the suck is over

I Root For: Southern Miss
(03-09-2013 03:31 PM)Niner National Wrote:  
(03-09-2013 02:36 PM)PGPirate Wrote:  
(03-09-2013 08:31 AM)GoGold Wrote:  Very little difference between Mississippi and North Carolina pot laws. We allow 30 grams (little over a oz) with punishment being up to 90 days in jail (never happens) and up to a $1000 fine. You guys allow up to 42 grams (about 1.5 oz) with a $500 fine and 120 days in jail.

Actually, both states have decriminalized cannabis possession laws.
[Image: Map-of-US-state-cannabis-laws.svg]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decriminali...ted_States
hell I wasn't even being serious. I was just taking a shot at MS for FINALLY ratifying the 14th amendment last month.

I don't see how growing tobacco relates to being 140 years late to the 14th amentment, but sure.......I won't even start on what Mississippi leads the country in.

um, it was the 13th amendment, genius.
03-09-2013 05:37 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(03-09-2013 05:35 PM)oasispirate Wrote:  
(03-09-2013 05:24 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(03-09-2013 03:31 PM)Niner National Wrote:  hell I wasn't even being serious. I was just taking a shot at MS for FINALLY ratifying the 14th amendment last month.

...ummmmm, you were slamming MS for some stupid archival oversight......ummmm, slamming back for the stupidity of your comment for being a leader in contributing to the number one killer in the world which you are obviously still okay with....at least you figured out the tobacco part w/o any help...start growing weed legally and stop producing a product that keeps da po' po'er and destroys more lives than alcohol and all illegal drugs combined. ...or you can do the Sunday forgiveness thing and ignore all the health problem that this product causes...last time I checked, we figured out our oversight....you guys just continue on like it's a non-issue...hypocrite

MS leads in having to deal with dumb*** comments like yours..

I'm ok with tobacco not because I agree with the tobacco industry on anything, but because I know you can't legislate morality. BTW I have no idea the numbers now. But tobacco isn't nearly as common here as is was 20 years ago from a crop standpoint.

Thank you...that I agree with...lends to the my position regarding hemp and the crazy train this thread has taken... 04-cheers
03-09-2013 06:05 PM
GoGold Offline
All American

(03-09-2013 01:57 PM)MU ATO Wrote:  
(03-09-2013 01:13 PM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  But yeah, what does this have to do with religion at all? If weed was legal it wouldn't make the world any worse. It would still be illegal drive under the influence or while impaired. During the first 1900+ years of Christianity, cannabis was completely legal so one could conclude that there was no demand from God that it's sinful to use it.

Our country's founding fathers grew marijuana and early laws ordered farmers to grow it. What did they know though... Stupid pointless Constitution.

It was also the first American crop that was subsidized.
03-09-2013 06:18 PM
ninernation1989 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
Hah what a thug
03-09-2013 06:20 PM
GoGold Offline
All American

(03-09-2013 05:34 PM)EagleX Wrote:  what conference would Jesus join?

Most likely Conference N.O.R.M.a L.
03-09-2013 06:28 PM
PGPirate Offline
Regulator

I Root For: East Carolina
Back to OT, Cooper just tweeted this:

Quote:I wanna take this time to apologize. First to my family...I've embarrassed y'all and hurt y'all beyond measure. I was raised 100Xs better

than my actions showed. And I'm truely and deeply sorry for putting y'all in this situation. I would never intentionally hurt anyone and by

by being selfish I did this. I'm so sorry. Second to the East Carolina Univ. Football team. My actions were completely inappropriate and I

set a negative look toward the team. I can't apologize enough for embarrassing you. You have me a chance to be apart of this team.

I cant apologize enough for this embarrassment. And lastly to the PirateNation and the entire University.

You gave me the chance to be apart of a special tradition and family here in Greenville and I have represented this University

in an inappropriate way. And I would like to apologize to you all. I ask that you can forgive me this once because I can guarantee that this

Last negative situation that you will ever hear my name in. I'm deeply sorry and thanks for y'all time
03-09-2013 06:35 PM
EagleX Offline

(03-09-2013 06:35 PM)PGPirate Wrote:  Back to OT, Cooper just tweeted this:

Quote:I wanna take this time to apologize. First to my family...I've embarrassed y'all and hurt y'all beyond measure. I was raised 100Xs better

than my actions showed. And I'm truely and deeply sorry for putting y'all in this situation. I would never intentionally hurt anyone and by

by being selfish I did this. I'm so sorry. Second to the East Carolina Univ. Football team. My actions were completely inappropriate and I

set a negative look toward the team. I can't apologize enough for embarrassing you. You have me a chance to be apart of this team.

I cant apologize enough for this embarrassment. And lastly to the PirateNation and the entire University.

You gave me the chance to be apart of a special tradition and family here in Greenville and I have represented this University

in an inappropriate way. And I would like to apologize to you all. I ask that you can forgive me this once because I can guarantee that this

Last negative situation that you will ever hear my name in. I'm deeply sorry and thanks for y'all time

I really didn't think it was a very big deal, but that is exactly what you want to hear out of him at a time like this.

just going by his tweet, you gotta conclude he is a good kid that screwed up, and is very, very sorry.
03-09-2013 06:38 PM
DrBox Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulane
(03-09-2013 02:36 PM)PGPirate Wrote:  
(03-09-2013 08:31 AM)GoGold Wrote:  
(03-08-2013 07:43 PM)Niner National Wrote:  I wonder if Mississippi will be the last state to legalize pot? They do have a history of lagging 150 years behind the rest of the country when it comes to common sense laws...

Very little difference between Mississippi and North Carolina pot laws. We allow 30 grams (little over a oz) with punishment being up to 90 days in jail (never happens) and up to a $1000 fine. You guys allow up to 42 grams (about 1.5 oz) with a $500 fine and 120 days in jail.

Actually, both states have decriminalized cannabis possession laws.
They call in decriminalization, but it is still a misdemeanor, which is a criminal offense and gives you a criminal record.
To really decriminalize it, they need to make it a petty offense, like speeding.
03-09-2013 06:44 PM
stinkfist Offline

(03-09-2013 06:18 PM)GoGold Wrote:  
(03-09-2013 01:57 PM)MU ATO Wrote:  
(03-09-2013 01:13 PM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  But yeah, what does this have to do with religion at all? If weed was legal it wouldn't make the world any worse. It would still be illegal drive under the influence or while impaired. During the first 1900+ years of Christianity, cannabis was completely legal so one could conclude that there was no demand from God that it's sinful to use it.

Our country's founding fathers grew marijuana and early laws ordered farmers to grow it. What did they know though... Stupid pointless Constitution.

It was also the first American crop that was subsidized.

...and now it is corn that yields a 10% decrease in fuel effeciency....consumption goes up...supply/demand induced price increase....we subsidize waste and further stress mid/low income groups (as well as small business)...our form of gov't is so outdated and comprised of self serving __________ (fill in with anything...it'll work) ....and people wonder why some don't vote....
03-09-2013 06:51 PM
stinkfist Offline

(03-09-2013 06:38 PM)EagleX Wrote:  

I really didn't think it was a very big deal, but that is exactly what you want to hear out of him at a time like this.

just going by his tweet, you gotta conclude he is a good kid that screwed up, and is very, very sorry.

We all make mistakes and as an athlete, you know the rules going in....glad to see him own up to it....a life lesson for him this was...if he does it again, then one could call him a da....but not today....he is becoming a man.
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2013 06:55 PM by stinkfist.)
03-09-2013 06:53 PM
EagleX Offline

(03-09-2013 06:53 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  

We all make mistakes and as an athlete, you know the rules going in....glad to see him own up to it....a life lesson for him this was...if he does it again, then one could call him a da....but not today....he is becoming a man.

I was rotten in college. horrible. shameful. I left impressions of my genitalia all over forrest and jones county. girl's daddies had contracts out on me. now, most of this has been recounted to me by others, because I don't remember most of college. I didn't sober up until about six months after I graduated. I was quite surprised to find myself employed, and wearing a tie.

anyway, it's sorta self serving, but I think everyone gets amnesty for everything they did in college.
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2013 07:05 PM by EagleX.)
03-09-2013 07:04 PM
GoGold Offline
All American

(03-09-2013 06:51 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  ....and people wonder why some don't vote....

LOL....as a 51 year old, making the effort to cast my vote becomes harder and harder each year. And to be clear its a mental hardship not a physical one.
03-10-2013 05:25 AM
stinkfist Offline

(03-09-2013 07:04 PM)EagleX Wrote:  
(03-09-2013 06:53 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  

I was rotten in college. horrible. shameful. I left impressions of my genitalia all over forrest and jones county. girl's daddies had contracts out on me. now, most of this has been recounted to me by others, because I don't remember most of college. I didn't sober up until about six months after I graduated. I was quite surprised to find myself employed, and wearing a tie.

anyway, it's sorta self serving, but I think everyone gets amnesty for everything they did in college.

LMFAO! Man, you said it...and the girls here are as plentiful as bass in a freshly stocked lake. I am almost too old to look now (okay that's a fib in my mind at least), but I still love to drive the 15 mph zone down fourth to enjoy the 'view'....btw, I will be 48 in August and just got home....lol....I love this town (except for the nazi po-po)
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2013 08:24 AM by stinkfist.)
03-10-2013 08:14 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
(03-09-2013 08:19 AM)nastybunch Wrote:  
(03-09-2013 12:36 AM)oasispirate Wrote:  I don't think the one preaching the verses wants to hear Terence Mckenna type theory that Jesus and his Palestinian pals were all eating magic mushrooms.

I don't need to hear any "Terrance McKenna" theory when I have the truth already. Christ says blessed is he who is not ashamed of me. And, yes, Christ turned the water into wine at the wedding when the host ran out early. Surely you are not comparing wine to drugs, are you? If you are, no need to continue this discussion with you.

No..Alcohol is not a drug.03-lmfao
03-10-2013 08:50 AM
stinkfist Offline

(03-10-2013 08:50 AM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  
(03-09-2013 08:19 AM)nastybunch Wrote:  
(03-09-2013 12:36 AM)oasispirate Wrote:  I don't think the one preaching the verses wants to hear Terence Mckenna type theory that Jesus and his Palestinian pals were all eating magic mushrooms.

I don't need to hear any "Terrance McKenna" theory when I have the truth already. Christ says blessed is he who is not ashamed of me. And, yes, Christ turned the water into wine at the wedding when the host ran out early. Surely you are not comparing wine to drugs, are you? If you are, no need to continue this discussion with you.

No..Alcohol is not a drug.03-lmfao

Neither is nicotine....it's only sandwiched between morphine and heroin on the most addictive chart....hemp doesn't make the list.

Keggers at church functions was my youthful and fond experience at St. Thomas....St. Patty's parade and Loftus crayfish boil are right around the corner....gotta love it....us Catholics have to drink to forget sometimes....lmfao 04-cheers
03-10-2013 09:03 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
Mr. Cooper broke a team rule and is suffering the consequences. Nothing more really needs to be said. I'd be very surprised if he is kicked off the team.

Now to the issue that has spurred 4 pages.

The fact that this country allows adults to drink alcohol legally and then considers Cannabis as dangerous as Heroin makes us look very foolish.

The idea that one is a criminal because they use ANY substance without the principle of non aggression being broken(theft,fraud,violence or destruction of property)is an abomination and a direct assault upon their personal freedoms.

It sickens me to see peaceful people be put in cold jails cell for altering their conscience and harming no one in the process. I hope those that believe this is the appropriate way for neighbors to behave have their own "come to Jesus moment".

In order for me to live free...I must allow my neighbors the same freedoms. Only when the principle of non aggression is violated should society interfere with one's personal Liberty.
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2013 09:18 AM by Fo Shizzle.)
03-10-2013 09:17 AM
stinkfist Offline

(03-10-2013 09:17 AM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  Mr. Cooper broke a team rule and is suffering the consequences. Nothing more really needs to be said. I'd be very surprised if he is kicked off the team.

The fact that this country allows adults to drink alcohol legally and then considers Cannabis as dangerous as Heroin makes us look very foolish.

The idea that one is a criminal because they use ANY substance without the principle of non aggression being broken(theft,fraud,violence or destruction of property)is an abomination and a direct assault upon their personal freedoms.

It sickens me to see peaceful people be put in cold jails cell for altering their conscience and harming no one in the process. I hope those that believe this is the appropriate way for neighbors to behave have their own "come to Jesus moment".

In order for me to live free...I must allow my neighbors the same freedoms. Only when the principle of non aggression is violated should society interfere with one's personal Liberty.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

....this post is beautiful
03-10-2013 09:49 AM
SgtGoldenEagle Offline
Special Teams

(03-10-2013 09:17 AM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  Mr. Cooper broke a team rule and is suffering the consequences. Nothing more really needs to be said. I'd be very surprised if he is kicked off the team.

I am going to break a rule of mine but I actually agree with you although I think the "tea party" you have on your icon is a fraud and astro turf group, they have some things I agree with but they just don't know enough to help solve, only create more problems. The Koch brothers finance them and they are exactly what the real tea party was against not financed by. Now I said that I apology for being political and will try to never violate my rule on it again, but this liberal is sick and tired of the political monologues where we can't work on what we have in common to be pragmatic, only hold to our ideology even if it stops solutions.

I try to respect people on this board by not inflicting my political preference on this board because it isn't a political board but a C-USA which I also support because of my Golden Eagles, and I find it sad some can't figure out that it is disrespectful to push their political ideas by using symbols of it in their post or expressing political ideas when they could easily pass it up. I can debate politics because I have talked to senators, house members, governors and others on my radio show when I had it active. I do my research which includes reading from all sides to be informed, but I try to save it for proper places not here. I regret I post this but frankly I am sick of seeing stuff like a tea party icon here and because I don't think well of the tea party, I am also offended by it being pushed on me here when I came here to talk about sports not politics.
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2013 12:45 PM by SgtGoldenEagle.)
03-10-2013 12:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.