Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Articles and discussion on efforts to flip congressional districts in 2018
MplsBison Offline
Banned

I Root For: NDSU/Minnesota
Articles and discussion on efforts to flip congressional districts in 2018
Here's one for Minnesota's 2nd district, which includes the southern suburbs of Mpls and the secondary metro of Rochester, Minn (home of one of the top research hospitals in the world, the Mayo Clinic).

The seat was won by a former conservative talk-radio host, with no prior experience, by 2 points over the Democratic challenger, after being held for many terms by a Republican.

Minnesota Dems (one of two states to use a different name for the state party, called the "DFL") are likely to challenge for the district seat again.

Article below is for the announcement of a high school football coach and teacher in a southern Mpls suburb, seeking the Dem endorsement.

http://www.startribune.com/south-metro-h...424096353/

Quote:A Twin Cities suburban high school football coach is picking up a political playbook and announcing his candidacy for Congress.

Jeff Erdmann, the head coach at Rosemount High School and civics teacher at the school, said he is seeking the DFL endorsement in 2018 for the Second Congressional District, where first-term Republican Jason Lewis now serves.

“I never thought I would be running for Congress,” Erdmann said in a news release issued Wednesday. “After seeing the behavior of our politicians, especially Jason Lewis, I realized that if working Americans want proper representation, then working Americans like myself need to run for office.”

The 49-year-old Erdmann added that his 27 years of teaching American government has shown him that “whether we’re Democrat or Republican, there is more that unites us than divides us,” said Erdmann.
05-25-2017 12:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
Articles and discussion on efforts to flip congressional districts in 2018 - MplsBison - 05-25-2017 12:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.