Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ESPNU and the SECN To Launch on TotalPlay in Mexico!
Bookmark and Share
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
RE: ESPNU and the SECN To Launch on TotalPlay in Mexico!
(04-23-2017 12:38 PM)murrdcu Wrote:  
(04-22-2017 04:56 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(04-22-2017 04:05 PM)AllTideUp Wrote:  Another interesting note on the TX market...

Apparently ESPN has purchased the Miami Beach Bowl and is moving it to Frisco, TX. That's outside of Dallas and it will be played at an MLS stadium.

If ESPN is really going full force after the Mexican market then it would make sense that they want to improve content in the state of TX. Texas, being on the border with Mexico and more likely to have a Mexican population as opposed to Florida, would be a nice location for any event in which the network would like to enhance exposure.

Or it could be totally unrelated. I'm just thinking out loud.

There are no accidents when something as large as a network puts this much focus in one area. Remember Corso insinuated that in 5 years Texas and Oklahoma would make a move like A&M's. Put the SECN in Mexico, convert the LHN Dallas studio into a bilingual transmission site the SEC's western half, develop some in state pull for bowl access and tourism, give OU and UT a travel selection to go with them and you have fairly well sewed this up.

For those who say we don't need two unnecessary mouths to feed, they just need to remember that if we go that route we are claiming two top 10 brands, two historic programs, and those they are bringing with them aren't exactly slouches either. The average of the 4 still increase our MEAN Gross Revenue, only negligibly affect our attendance numbers and those may go up in the SEC, and they likely add enough content to bump us close to the 50 million per school payout range on TV revenue.

So if that is what it takes to close the deal and remove the only two players from the table that could give a competitor a leg up on us, then it's well worth it. And if UT helps the penetration into the Mexico market it could pay dividends that push us beyond 50.

"So let it be written. So let it be done!"

You're talking about possibly have three conference networks running at once; SECN, SEC Deportes, and you could create a SEC West channel to provide more coverage of content on the other side of the Mississippi. I think having another channel that has content not so Alabama centric could do wonders for other SEC viewers.

Murrdcu we have 3 channels now, but just two that ever get used. If we took in the LHN as the West channel and used that studio to that purpose and if we remain in two divisions it would be simple to have (other than news & specials) two different programming lineups with each being dedicated to the schools of that division. It would be huge for driving even more interest among the rest of the programs. But it would also be major from a regional advertising perspective. Both channels could have separate regional advertising and double their spots for national advertising.

Let's say we were to move to 18 and three divisions of 6, then you could utilize that third channel and make the regional advertising even more specific and triple the national slots.

Right now ESPN is paying for 5 channels and really only utilizing 3 with regards to LHN/ SEC / & Spanish language broadcasts. Even if the SEC moved to 24 we could have 4 divisional channels and a Spanish channel which weekly could cherry pick the games they wanted most to broadcast. It's still a bonanza.

The package would be a sports watcher's gold mine.

Every Saturday in the Fall I'm wondering why my dedicated 3rd SEC channel isn't showing me something?
04-23-2017 01:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ESPNU and the SECN To Launch on TotalPlay in Mexico! - JRsec - 04-23-2017 01:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.