Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CUSA has several of the longest tenured ADs. Justified?
Bookmark and Share
Artifice Offline
1st String

I Root For: Beer
CUSA has several of the longest tenured ADs. Justified?
This was brought up on the ninernation.net:

Quote:Utah, Charlotte, Wake, Creighton, Davidson, Louisville, Western Michigan, Oklahoma, UTEP, UTSA, Navy, Providence, Virginia, DePaul, Kentucky, Toledo and UCLA all have AD tenures >= 15 years in that order.

The average AD tenure is about 4-6 years. Median was reported at 5 years and mean at 6.4 years.

Judy Rose (Charlotte) is the second longest tenured AD in the country (at any level) at 27 years and counting. 27. Vs 5 yr average. She has stated she has no plans on retiring because she still has "things to accomplish". I'd interpret that as she hasn't completely demolished the 49ers revenue sports - I mean, they're strapped on a table in the ER with a faint pulse instead of on a slab @ the morgue, but just barely. Her insistence that women's sports get equal billing, marketing and funding to revenue sports (not men's sports, just revenue sports), means that the ADs office spends more time marketing WBB than they do Football.

Really tired of this woman's attitudes. Her inability to see the difference between revenue sports and non-revenue sports (eg men's soccer, which Charlotte is really good at) because she chooses to see everything as a Title IX battle has killed all momentum the 49ers athletics programs ever had. Charlotte has a $5Million+ tennis center but cant afford to expand its football facilities. SEC AD reps touring campus saw the tennis center and remarked ("there's no way we could get this built at our schools" - to which she probably fist pumped)

I'm curious if the other fanbases on this list with oddly long tenured ADs are happy with theirs, and if not what their complaints are? Also, I'd welcome outsiders opinions on these ADs. Sympathy for afflicted fanbases is welcomed as well.
01-09-2017 09:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
CUSA has several of the longest tenured ADs. Justified? - Artifice - 01-09-2017 09:56 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.