Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

O.T. How was ECU able to cultivate and keep such a rabid fanbase
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
RE: O.T. How was ECU able to cultivate and keep such a rabid fanbase
(11-17-2014 09:01 PM)NBPirate Wrote:  It's is a part of us. From the time you enter college at ECU you learn the tradition and you're washed in it until it becomes a ritual.

This is passed on from generation to generation with each holding the next to a higher standard.

I can attest that it is for sure a part of my family. 3 generations and 6 graduates since 1956. I am not alone. There are a ton of families similar to mine. My daughter was accepted at Duke,UNC,NCSU and Wake. She was an excellent student and I made her apply everywhere. I would have paid reluctantly for her to go to any of these schools...but.. She never really gave any of these schools a second thought. I was very proud of her decision to follow her parents and grandparents to ECU.

One of the things no one has mentioned is that ECU graduates have a GIANT chip on our shoulders. We are entrenched in a state dominated by the 2 schools in Raleigh and Chapel Hell. Both of these institutions have gone out of their way for DECADES to portray ECU as the "red headed stepchild"...especially UNC. Both schools have looked down their noses at us and it has caused much of our passion for our Alma Mater. We have had to fight tooth and nail for everything we get from the Legislature that for decades was controlled by UNC lawyers. That has made many of us fiercely protective of our University and that has spilled over into following ECU athletics...especially Football.
11-17-2014 09:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: O.T. How was ECU able to cultivate and keep such a rabid fanbase - Fo Shizzle - 11-17-2014 09:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.