The4thOption Offline
1st String

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
RE: A look at Georgia Southern's bowl chances
(11-21-2014 06:56 AM)AstroCajun Wrote:  
(11-21-2014 01:34 AM)The4thOption Wrote:  
(11-20-2014 08:00 PM)Louisianafanrcajun90 Wrote:  
(11-19-2014 08:21 PM)The4thOption Wrote:  
(11-16-2014 09:47 AM)Eagles Cliff Wrote:  Maybe we can close this thread that never needed to be started. We're in a conference with 3 Bowl tie-ins outside of being the highest ranked G5. The math will be easy every year. We are 0-3 OOC which should never be good enough for any team to go bowling.

Uh.. HUm.... We are 1-3 OCC. Just saying 07-coffee3

You are pumped about beating Savannah State!??? I wish we would play you guys in a bowl game.

Cajun lack of reading comp.

Notice the "Just saying". Nowhere did I mention that anybody was "pumped" over that win. But it goes in the W column.

And the premise that it doesn't matter who you lost to or the fashion in which you lost it is simply wrong. (Same as the fashion in which you beat a cupcake.. Tell me beating Savannah state by 70 is the same as beating them by 3. I mean... Imagine only beating GAST by 3.. 03-lmfao)

But a last 30 second loss to the ACC Coastal Division champs who are going to knock off FSU in the ACC CCG is more impressive than had we just been destroyed (like we were in Annapolis). The fact that they are top 20 and might finish higher - imop - makes it a quality loss. Don't believe in those? Ask the CFP Board about Miss State's loss to Alabama then.

Point being, lets not just look simply at the OOC W\L list to determine when a team deserves a bowl.

Except that's exactly what the bowls do. It sure was brought up in the first two years of the NO Bowl that North Texas was O-fer LOC and even once got a bowl when they were 5-6 because they were the conference champion.

I'm not arguing that. I think most Southern fans get that the Bowls are about money and who will bring the most fans and so regional teams at 6-6 might get invited over a 9-3 or 10-2 team. That's not the point of the above.

Not arguing more merit, but that you can't simply say... "If you dont win any OOC games, you don't ever "deserve" a bowl". The Merit I'm talking about is with the fans there and pointing out that if you were to schedule the top 3 teams in the country OOC and lost them all by a point - it would be better or more
"deserving" than scheduling 3 of the worst OOC and winning those by a little. I also think the polls would reflect that. Then again, Marshall is ranked pretty high.
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2014 11:05 AM by The4thOption.)
11-21-2014 11:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A look at Georgia Southern's bowl chances - The4thOption - 11-21-2014 11:03 AM

User(s) browsing this thread:

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.