Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

AAC Preview
sfink16 Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple
RE: AAC Preview
(08-21-2014 10:04 AM)NYCTUFan Wrote:  
(08-21-2014 08:50 AM)IAH Wrote:  Man, you guys sure like to complain.

These guys took the time to do a 1.5 hour long podcast on the AAC, I thought they gave Cincy, Houston, UCF, ECU, SMU, Memphis, Tulane a fair assessment. They actually like all those teams for different reasons.

If they were to spend a lot of time on each team, the whole thing would take like 4 hours. I am sure whenever they did the Big 12 podcast they didnt spend a lot of time on Kansas.

For me it has nothing to do with time, it has to do with the depth of what they are reporting. I can’t judge the previews of the other programs because I don’t know them well enough, I can only go by the depth of what they reported on Temple.

If these “reporters” just did a basic Google search on Temple football they would have very easily come up with 2 great resources.

Philly.com / Temple basically covers Temple sports from the Philly newspapers, it’s a place where you can find a good chunk of what has been written in Philly regarding Temple athletics.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/colleges/temple/

Temple athletics website, click on the football tab and there is links on the right side of the page to all the interviews with coach Rhule since spring practice, actually going all the way back to last season, along with interviews with key players.

http://owlsports.com/index.aspx?path=football

If anyone spent 30 minutes looking at just these 2 resources they would be able to come up with information about the team that’s miles deeper than what these 2 reviewed. Take a look and judge for yourself.

As I said, my issue isn’t with Temple being picked to finish next to last, my issue with this preview and frankly many of them is the reporters don’t do any homework, they report on their favorite teams and the rest they don’t do any research but still spout off their opinion as if its something based on facts and research. All I ask is they be professional and do even just a little homework, I don’t think that’s out of line if your going to put your opinion out there as a self proclaimed expert.

Really, the thing to watch this season for Temple is to see if PJ Walker can become “a capable quarterback”? PJ is on the watch list for the Manning Award, Maxwell Award, Davey O’Brien Award, CFPA QB Trophy Watch List, that and attended the Manning Passing Academy, and were still not sure if he’s “capable”? That’s some stellar work right there.

I'm still trying to figure out how a team put up 41 points on the 1st or second best defense in the conference like Temple did to Memphis in their 41-21 romp has no chance of beating the this year.

I think Temple is hard to figure out and it's safer for Prognosticators to place them at the bottom then look at the improvement in the second half of the season under Walker as possibly winning some games.
08-21-2014 10:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
AAC Preview - IAH - 08-20-2014, 05:16 PM
RE: AAC Preview - pesik - 08-20-2014, 05:29 PM
RE: AAC Preview - IAH - 08-20-2014, 05:36 PM
RE: AAC Preview - pesik - 08-20-2014, 05:43 PM
RE: AAC Preview - NYCTUFan - 08-21-2014, 08:30 AM
RE: AAC Preview - DowdyPirate - 08-21-2014, 10:17 AM
RE: AAC Preview - IAH - 08-21-2014, 08:50 AM
RE: AAC Preview - pesik - 08-21-2014, 09:41 AM
RE: AAC Preview - Attackcoog - 08-21-2014, 12:09 PM
RE: AAC Preview - DowdyPirate - 08-21-2014, 12:21 PM
RE: AAC Preview - NYCTUFan - 08-21-2014, 10:04 AM
RE: AAC Preview - sfink16 - 08-21-2014 10:20 PM
RE: AAC Preview - ecumbh1999 - 08-21-2014, 11:56 AM
RE: AAC Preview - pesik - 08-21-2014, 12:37 PM
Re: RE: AAC Preview - Insane_Baboon - 08-21-2014, 12:28 PM
RE: AAC Preview - CliftonAve - 08-21-2014, 12:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.