Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ESPN: "A Group of Five program should not be ranked" reference to #23 UCF
willhclark Offline
1st String

I Root For: Houston Cougars
RE: ESPN: "A Group of Five program should not be ranked" reference to #23 UCF
This is nothing new. Just the same old unfounded negativty that arrogant ESPN commentators have been dishing up against the non elite (formerly non-BCS) teams for years now. Negative analysis sells and the guy wants someone to read his pathetic analysis so he picks on what seems like a safe and easy target in UCF. Losing your QB is a big deal and in todays insider article Travis speculates that Texas A&M will similarly fall off post Johnny Deuchbag. ESPN could very well be right but in assuming a non power 5 team cannot reload, instead rebuild but it's just speculation and nothing more.

I will say this ESPN guy's application of logic for asserting UCF does not belong in the top 25 is flawed to say the least. Im not an insider so i did not read the whole thing but it it looks like his reasoning is damm near non-existent. Maybe UCF will drop off signicantly without Bortles and Storm but take the Houston game for example. This was a defensive struggle all the way and Bortles was not on the field when Houston's O'Korn and Greenbury failed to connect on 3rd 4th and goal from the 9 for what should have beeen a game winning touchdown in the final 30 seconds. The UCF defense deserves some credit, it was a complete team effort. In a similar situation, this year; I expect O'Korn and Greenbury would make that game winning touchdown. :)
(This post was last modified: 08-22-2014 10:44 PM by willhclark.)
08-22-2014 10:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ESPN: "A Group of Five program should not be ranked" reference to #23 UCF - willhclark - 08-22-2014 10:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.