Bookmark and Share
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Arkansas State
Re: RE: Interesting polling data from Arkansas
(05-02-2014 08:28 AM)CrazyCajun Wrote:  
(05-02-2014 07:54 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  
(05-01-2014 08:34 PM)CrazyCajun Wrote:  
(05-01-2014 04:16 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  Asked who their favorite college team was,
51% picked the Hogs
13% AState
5% UALR

Now get those 148,000 UALR fans and 385,000 AState fans in the stands!
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/...ansas.html

Interesting? Not really..there only two FBS programs in the entire state.

Spoken like someone who doesn't listen to what passes for sports tv, sports radio, and newspaper coverage. We have a TV station that devotes all of its sportscast to the Hogs. No NFL no MLB no other colleges. Newspaper editors have said why would cover what less than 5% audience cares about.

How many times is the LSU or a coach quoted saying everyone in the state is a tiger or the Louisiana is lucky having only one school or team.

It flies in the face of the media and UA claims about the state. Everyone is a hog no 51%

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App

Its simply an observation, don't get insulted buddy. I know what passes for sports coverage in my state, why would I care what passes for sports coverage in the Little Rock and Jonesboro markets? Seems to me you've taken a small poll sample and are running with it in jubilation. Was this poll taken in every medium sized market in Arkansas?

It is a neutral poll by PublicPolicyPolling as a side-question in what was primarily a political poll. Margin of error is 3.4%

The poll seems to have overweighted Republican primary voters a little bit....which might mean a bit of a Northwest Arkansas bias.

And...If you don't care. Try another thread.
05-02-2014 08:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Re: RE: Interesting polling data from Arkansas - ark30inf - 05-02-2014 08:44 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.