pjc1979 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: App State
RE: only one for sure FBS spot left
(04-07-2014 11:30 AM)ark30inf Wrote:  
(04-07-2014 11:26 AM)pjc1979 Wrote:  
(04-07-2014 11:14 AM)statefanatic Wrote:  
(04-07-2014 11:05 AM)ark30inf Wrote:  
(04-07-2014 11:03 AM)statefanatic Wrote:  You forgot about the willing part. Liberty is the only school willing to make the move now. JMU has decided it is MAC or bust. MSU is a couple years from willing to make the move. EKU is the same as MSU. Then we have Lamar who may be willing but nobody wants them.

Liberty is the only school who is willing and ready now. That is why they will be the 12th member. The Belt wants a CCG next year and that require a team be announce this year.

That is dumb. To take the first available just to have an extra year or two of a championship game of questionable value.

Then tell me who else we should be waiting for! A MSU who may not want to move there oly sports to the Belt, JMU who has shown they do not want to join the Belt, or EKU who dreams of FBS but may never actually make the move. That leave Lamar and Liberty. Between those two who do you choose? If you chose Liberty over Lamar the go ahead and add them now.

Religion and politics aside, Liberty athletics is just as good as the other teams on this list. This is a sports forum. If you want to argue religion and politics then find a forum other than sports to argue your point.

I'm not a Liberty fan because I didn't attend there, but I don't hate them either as some seem to absolutely love doing. Once one gets past all the b.s. and gets down to brass tacks this is a sports affiliated conference and Liberty and JMU are the two best viable options.

Most JMU fans have no interest in the SBC. We don't need another school with fans constantly pimping to get out.

Liberty is a private school with agendas very different from the rest of the SBC schools.

Wait until a public university is ready and willing.

We are not in a situation where we have to scramble for members.

I presume most of the JMU student body and alumni are from middle Atlantic states and would have little interest in ties to a conference centered on the Gulf coast. It'd be the same for App St if they were in the MAC which is why I'm glad we're in the Belt. We do have a nice rivalry with them and they are similar to us in many ways other than the non-Southern ties.
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2014 11:39 AM by pjc1979.)
04-07-2014 11:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: only one for sure FBS spot left - pjc1979 - 04-07-2014 11:36 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.