Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Parking Situation on SBC Campuses
Bookmark and Share
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
RE: Parking Situation on SBC Campuses
(04-03-2014 11:48 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  ULM parking is free at the basketball arena but be warned ....the parking lot is so messed up it's like driving over a million little bumps

ASU had $10 parking in the field down from the stadium on the home side...AVOID it! park for free at the basketball arena and it will/could be a closer walk. If you get there early they will direct you to the back of the lot. I don't know if it's legal but if you find a open spot you can pull right off the road onto the grass. There are some pay lots off E Johnson Rd also.

UL-L free parking at the basketball arena and a easy walk under the tunnel to the visitor side

Texas St we used handicap parking and parked in the lot right beside the stadium on the visitor side cost us $10. There are other lots by the stadium and across the street by the rail road tracks

USA will scare the crap out of some people because of the neighborhood. Pay no attention to it because you and your car will be safe. If you have a handicap pass you can park in the lot right by the stadium. My wife had to stay at the hotel because her back was hurting so I didn't feel right about using it. We parked for $5 about two blocks away in a lot with a guard. There's a ton of houses that open their yards for parking...mostly $10 close to the stadium.

GSU was $5 right across from the stadium in a private lot. You can park in the event lot for $10 but it's a farther walk

Troy was a pay lot but I can't remember the cost I'm going to say $5 and it was a long walk

Ladd's supposedly bad neighborhood is way overblown. Its working class and not-white. That doesn't mean its some anachronism from some gang movie. I've never heard of any crime of any kind that has happened to any patron or their vehicle attending an event at Ladd. People walk to nighttime events there. Its two blocks from a good neighborhood and five blocks from a very nice and expensive neighborhood. Ladd is not Legion Field. Basically, unless you are handicapped, you have to pay to park. Either 5 or 10 bucks. I usually grab some barbeque from the people having cookouts on their front yard to sell to passers-by. Its not complicated there. And the parking usually is really quite convenient. You just are parking in someones front yard instead of in a lot. That being said, if you stay on the North Side of the stadium, its not as jarring to those expecting an (ahem) suburban outside the stadium experience. The people who rent out their lawns as parking want people to come back and park in their yard. Your car is probably safer in their yard than it would be in a traditional stadium parking lot.

At Texas State you have to pay for football. I think we paid 10 bucks.
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2014 12:11 AM by Tom in Lazybrook.)
04-03-2014 11:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
RE: Parking Situation on SBC Campuses - Tom in Lazybrook - 04-03-2014 11:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.