UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Best Five?
jthrashr Offline
1st String

I Root For: UAB
MyBB The Best Five?
Which five do you think gives us the best chance to win?

Here's my picks:

PG - Isiah Jones
Has displayed some poor decision-making, but who hasn't this year at the point? I think he possesses the most playmaking ability at the point. He can finish at the basket, and at the beginning of the year, he was unconscious from behind the arc. Once he knocks off the rust of sitting out for a year, Hoopy should turn into a solid guard.

G - Jekore Tyler
He plays 100% out of control, loses his man on defense, is perpetually seconds away from a dumb turnover, and has a penchant for taking shots with a high degree of difficulty. He is chaos personified. On the flip side, Tyler annoys his man on defense to no end, somehow ends up with steals, and will make a circus shot or two. More importantly, he scores points in bunches. Tyler has the best points per minute ratio on the team and has the second highest player efficiency ratio. Also, Tyler is our best guard driving to the basket, which will cause defenses to sag more, creating opportunities for other guys. He can help and hurt the team on any given night (often both), but with our current record sitting at under .500, I'll roll the dice and take my chances with Tyler.

SF - Jordan Swing
Swing is our best all-around basketball player. We need to create more catch-and-shoot opportunities for him, and he needs to increase his shots taken overall, especially behind the three-point line. I wouldn't mind seeing him start launching threes from NBA range. If he could start hitting those consistently, it would open up some space for the other guys to operate.

PF - Rod Rucker
If he was about five inches taller, Rucker would be an easy first round pick. As he currently stands, guys are simply shooting over him. The guy fights though, and he's our best low-post scorer. He needs to borrow Blake Griffin's time machine and tell Young Rucker to practice the free throws.

C - Fahro Alihodzic
He isn't great with his back to the basket and should never hold the ball longer than one second while on the block. Fahro is a competent scorer when he is able to seal his man in the paint, and all he has to do is catch and lay the ball in off the glass. He has a decent mid-range jumper and surprisingly is our best free throw shooter. Also, Fahro is our only true big, so there's that.
12-06-2012 07:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
The Best Five? - jthrashr - 12-06-2012 07:47 PM
RE: The Best Five? - KevMo4UAB - 12-06-2012, 07:52 PM
RE: The Best Five? - Memphis Blazer - 12-06-2012, 08:04 PM
RE: The Best Five? - mobileblazer - 12-06-2012, 08:19 PM
RE: The Best Five? - ICB - 12-06-2012, 08:08 PM
RE: The Best Five? - UAB?IAB - 12-06-2012, 08:18 PM
RE: The Best Five? - BlazerGold09 - 12-07-2012, 08:20 AM
RE: The Best Five? - GreenHornet33 - 12-07-2012, 08:49 AM
RE: The Best Five? - BAMANBLAZERFAN - 12-07-2012, 12:37 AM
RE: The Best Five? - Memphis Blazer - 12-07-2012, 12:49 AM
The Best Five? - Blazing Saddles - 12-07-2012, 07:21 AM
RE: The Best Five? - Matrix - 12-07-2012, 09:53 AM
RE: The Best Five? - the_blazerman - 12-07-2012, 09:56 AM
RE: The Best Five? - The Answer UAB - 12-07-2012, 12:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.