Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

JUCO PG Commits to New Mexico State.
Bookmark and Share
FINALFOUR1970SWEETSIXTEEN1992 Offline
1st String

I Root For: NMSU Aggies
JUCO PG Commits to New Mexico State.
Shunn Buchanan (6'0 PG) committed to New Mexico State this morning. He played at Northeast Mississippi where he averaged nearly 13 points, and 5 assist per game while shooting 48% from the field and 37% from 3. He is a freshman qualifer which means he'll enter the fall as a Sophomore.

He is a guy who probably would have been a top 50 JUCO recruit had he stayed for his sophomore year.

06-18-2017 01:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NMSUPistolPete Online
All American

I Root For: NMSU
RE: JUCO PG Commits to New Mexico State.
(06-18-2017 01:54 PM)FINALFOUR1970SWEETSIXTEEN1992 Wrote:  Shunn Buchanan (6'0 PG) committed to New Mexico State this morning. He played at Northeast Mississippi where he averaged nearly 13 points, and 5 assist per game while shooting 48% from the field and 37% from 3. He is a freshman qualifer which means he'll enter the fall as a Sophomore.

He is a guy who probably would have been a top 50 JUCO recruit had he stayed for his sophomore year.

I am very excited that NMSU signed Buchanan. But CA, you do realize on paper, Bakersfield still has NMSU covered at guard (on the perimeter).

Their signee Rickey Holden out played our signee Shunn Buchanan head-to-head twice.

And even though we brought in high scoring guard/forward Wayne Stewart, they still have Durham on their team and now bring in Jarkel Joiner (36.5 ppg)... But we do return a hopefully healthy Sidy Ndir.

We closed the gap on the perimeter but our true advantage is in the paint.
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2017 05:26 PM by NMSUPistolPete.)
06-18-2017 05:23 PM
1st String

(06-18-2017 05:23 PM)NMSUPistolPete Wrote:  
(06-18-2017 01:54 PM)FINALFOUR1970SWEETSIXTEEN1992 Wrote:  Shunn Buchanan (6'0 PG) committed to New Mexico State this morning. He played at Northeast Mississippi where he averaged nearly 13 points, and 5 assist per game while shooting 48% from the field and 37% from 3. He is a freshman qualifer which means he'll enter the fall as a Sophomore.

I am very excited that NMSU signed Buchanan. But CA, you do realize on paper, Bakersfield still has NMSU covered at guard (on the perimeter).

Their signee Rickey Holden out played our signee Shunn Buchanan head-to-head twice.

And even though we brought in high scoring guard/forward Wayne Stewart, they still have Durham on their team and now bring in Jarkel Joiner (36.5 ppg)... But we do return a hopefully healthy Sidy Ndir.

TWO WORDS FOR YOU......

AJ HARRIS
06-18-2017 05:46 PM
dancingNMSUaggie Offline
1st String

Clarity is going to be pissed you started a thread for this. Great get for coach Jans
06-18-2017 07:01 PM
Advertisement

ThunderDan49 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Lopes
(06-18-2017 05:46 PM)FINALFOUR1970SWEETSIXTEEN1992 Wrote:  

TWO WORDS FOR YOU......

AJ HARRIS
I'm surprised you could actually yell that, I would have figured...wait nope probably shouldn't go there
06-18-2017 08:34 PM
1st String

New Mexico State starting to load up now. It's going to be a fun season to watch. Looking forward to the last two players we end up signing.
06-19-2017 12:36 AM
SeattleVandals Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Seattle U

TWO WORDS FOR YOU......

AJ HARRIS

AJ Harris is not some great perimeter defender like you seem to have fooled yourself into thinking, Frank. At least at Ohio State he wasnt. Hes a great player that id be suprised doesnt end up being one of the better WAC players, but he isnt an obvious fix at defense
(This post was last modified: 06-19-2017 12:33 PM by SeattleVandals.)
06-19-2017 10:58 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JustALopesFan Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: GCU

TWO WORDS FOR YOU......

AJ HARRIS

I have learned to take all the transfers that come from the big schools with a grain of salt as well. There's a reason he isn't at Ohio State anymore. GCU had a former top 100 recruit fall into our lap two years ago by the name of Dom McGee and I couldn't wait for him to leave. Harris may be what you need to win the WAC but I wouldn't be surprised if he is a flop as well.
06-19-2017 12:08 PM
NMSUPistolPete Online
All American

(06-19-2017 10:58 AM)SeattleVandals Wrote:  

TWO WORDS FOR YOU......

AJ HARRIS

AJ Harris is not some great perimeter defender like you seem to have fooled yourself into thinking, Frank. At least at Ohio State he wasnt. Hes a great player that id be suprised doesnt end up being one of the better WAC players, but he isnt an obvious fix at defense

Thad Matta is out of a job at Ohio State because he couldn't hold on to his top recruits and started to slip as a recruiter. Now, I am not proclaiming AJ Harris to be unstoppable but he is very quick; much like DeWayne Russell. At only 5'9, Harris is very athletic and fairly skilled. He will be a handful for WAC defenses.

As for his ability to defend? I don't put much stock in Harris specifically but I do in Coach Jans. He will have Harris playing hard on both ends of the court or he will be sitting behind Buchanan. This is why the signing of Buchanan is big. NMSU now has options (depth) at point guard.
06-19-2017 01:15 PM
1st String

TWO WORDS FOR YOU......

AJ HARRIS

AJ was a true freshman when he played at Ohio State. He had a year to work on his weaknesses. AJ will have a great sophomore year and will be one of the top point guards in the WAC no doubt. I doubt you know much about him. You are just talking out of your butt.
06-19-2017 06:59 PM
Advertisement

1st String

(06-19-2017 12:08 PM)JustALopesFan Wrote:  

TWO WORDS FOR YOU......

AJ HARRIS

I have learned to take all the transfers that come from the big schools with a grain of salt as well. There's a reason he isn't at Ohio State anymore. GCU had a former top 100 recruit fall into our lap two years ago by the name of Dom McGee and I couldn't wait for him to leave. Harris may be what you need to win the WAC but I wouldn't be surprised if he is a flop as well.

AJ Harris choose to leave Ohio State. He wasn't forced to leave so not sure what you are talking about. AJ will enter the season as one of the top point guards in the WAC.
06-19-2017 07:01 PM
ThunderDan49 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Lopes
(06-19-2017 07:01 PM)FINALFOUR1970SWEETSIXTEEN1992 Wrote:  
(06-19-2017 12:08 PM)JustALopesFan Wrote:  

TWO WORDS FOR YOU......

AJ HARRIS

AJ Harris choose to leave Ohio State. He wasn't forced to leave so not sure what you are talking about. AJ will enter the season as one of the top point guards in the WAC.

I don't know what you heard Frank, but Magee's decision to leave was all his own, he wasn't run out of town by the coach.
06-19-2017 10:17 PM
SeattleVandals Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Seattle U
(06-19-2017 06:59 PM)FINALFOUR1970SWEETSIXTEEN1992 Wrote:  

TWO WORDS FOR YOU......

AJ HARRIS

AJ was a true freshman when he played at Ohio State. He had a year to work on his weaknesses. AJ will have a great sophomore year and will be one of the top point guards in the WAC no doubt. I doubt you know much about him. You are just talking out of your butt.

"Doubt you know much about him" like I wasnt born and raised an Ohio State fan watching their football and basketball teams. Ok, Frank. Id love to see NMSU take another trip to Columbus sometime, though.
(This post was last modified: 06-20-2017 03:02 PM by SeattleVandals.)
06-20-2017 03:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NMSUPistolPete Online
All American

If you look into AJ Harris' history it's obvious playing for Ohio State was his dream. However, his decision to leave had more to due with his personal development; not getting stuck on the bench behind other high profile players. NMSU was just fortunate Weir was a slick enough salesman to sell Harris on NMSU's program. Now, Jans needs to do right by Harris and make him into the best player he can be.

As stated, Harris possesses a lot of natural ability. He is lightening quick and has the hops to dunk at only 5'9. And of all the Aggie players, he has probably made best use of the NMSU weight room. He is very strong for his size.

Harris has an extremely good handle with the ball but to two metrics which he still needs to answer are his ability to shoot the ball with range and his decision making as a facilitator. That's what will define him as a point guard.
(This post was last modified: 06-21-2017 11:01 AM by NMSUPistolPete.)
06-21-2017 04:43 AM
dancingNMSUaggie Offline
1st String

(06-21-2017 04:43 AM)NMSUPistolPete Wrote:  If you look into AJ Harris' history it's obvious playing for Ohio State was his dream. However, his decision to leave had more to due with his personal development; not getting stuck on the bench behind other high profile players. NMSU was just fortunate Weir was a slick enough salesman to sell Harris on NMSU's program. Now, Jans needs to do right by Harris and make him into the best player he can be.

As stated, Harris possesses a lot of natural ability. He is lightening quick and has the hops to dunk at only 5'9. And of all the Aggie players, he has probably made best use of the NMSU weight room. He is very strong for his size.

Harris has an extremely good handle with the ball but to two metrics which he still needs to answer are his ability to shoot the ball with range and his decision making as a facilitator. That's what will define him as a point guard.

FYI. AJ Harris is at NMSU thanks to Jesse Bopp, not Paul Weir.
06-21-2017 03:06 PM
1st String

(06-20-2017 03:01 PM)SeattleVandals Wrote:  
(06-19-2017 06:59 PM)FINALFOUR1970SWEETSIXTEEN1992 Wrote:  
(06-18-2017 05:23 PM)NMSUPistolPete Wrote:  I am very excited that NMSU signed Buchanan. But CA, you do realize on paper, Bakersfield still has NMSU covered at guard (on the perimeter).

TWO WORDS FOR YOU......

AJ HARRIS

"Doubt you know much about him" like I wasnt born and raised an Ohio State fan watching their football and basketball teams. Ok, Frank. Id love to see NMSU take another trip to Columbus sometime, though.

I don't think it really matters why he decided to leave Ohio State. The only thing that matters is that he decided to play basketball for New Mexico State. The combination of Harris, Ndir, and Buchanan is going to be fun to watch this season.
06-21-2017 08:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.