arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
RE: Interesting polling data from Arkansas
(05-03-2014 10:01 AM)A-State Wrote:  
(05-02-2014 01:48 PM)CrazyCajun Wrote:  
(05-02-2014 09:20 AM)ark30inf Wrote:  
(05-02-2014 09:07 AM)CrazyCajun Wrote:  
(05-02-2014 08:44 AM)ark30inf Wrote:  It is a neutral poll by PublicPolicyPolling as a side-question in what was primarily a political poll. Margin of error is 3.4%

The poll seems to have overweighted Republican primary voters a little bit....which might mean a bit of a Northwest Arkansas bias.

And...If you don't care. Try another thread.

Again, you guys are thinned skinned as any Cajun fan on this board. You can take this poll five different times and come out with a different result every time. My two points are there are only two FBS programs in Arkansas and as someone else stated, two FBS programs are closely ranked behind Astate and combined have as many fans. Two things are apparent in this poll, Arkansasa has less support then advertised and in spite of recent success, state's brand is not much greater than several FCS programs. Sorry if you are insulted by that.

Well, only two have been done. This one and Nate Silver's and they both have similar results. You'll pardon me if I put more weight on their numbers and margin of error. Your sample size is currently 1.

Also, just because someone thinks you are full of it doesn't mean they are insulted. They just think you are full of it.

No one is questioning Nate Silver's poll, we simply view the results differently. If you want to celebrate the results as something earth shattering, by all means celebrate! There was no need for several of you to come off as thin skinned blowhards! But hey, we know Cajun fans aren’t the only ones that **** a stone when they get upset! Level headed? What a load of BS!

Let me simplify this. This data is interesting to me because:

Razorback support: much lower than advertised here in Arkansas.

Red Wolf support: much higher than advertised here in Arkansas.

Nobody is upset just confused why the information above not understood.

Exactly.

This is now the third data set over four years showing a relatively constant larger presence of AState fans. Little Rock media was clearly blown away when several hundred local fans showed up at a pep rally on the capitol steps.

Louisiana and Arkansas are different markets. LSU has no problem creating the impression they are the only game in town, but they do that based on market support and regularly schedule other DI's in Louisiana. Arkansas flat out says they are the only game in town and will make official statements to the effect that no one else exists and reflect that in their scheduling, and UArk baseball faces the very real possibility that they will miss the NCAA's because they won't schedule mid-week with in-state schools because so few schools from out of state will travel there for a midweek game.

If you compare Silver's data which weights toward engaged fans not name only fans, the ratio is 3 to 1 but also indicates that nearly a third of those self-identifying UArk fans in this recent poll would not be described as engaged fans that Silver identified.
05-03-2014 10:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.