Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Georgia Southern FBS Ranking
Bookmark and Share
JbirdGata Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: GA Southern
We got 124th. Can't expect much from a transition team, and can't wait to prove them wrong!
http://touch.orlandosentinel.com/#sectio...-79988443/
04-23-2014 10:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DawggoneEagle Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
Well, we gotta start somewhere .
Like they say, "it ain't how you start, it's how you finish.
GATA Eagles !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
04-23-2014 10:35 AM
pjc1979 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: App State
RE: Georgia Southern FBS Ranking
It's fun to talk about and good ammunition, but otherwise it's a useless article likely written with little effort thus far. Perhaps the writer will stress out more over whether or not he should rank Virginia over Vanderbilt or something. In the end, I guarantee both of us will wind up ranked higher than #124 or #126, but I wouldn't count on a miracle season by any means.
04-23-2014 10:41 AM
Check Yosef Offline
1st String

(04-23-2014 10:41 AM)pjc1979 Wrote:  It's fun to talk about and good ammunition, but otherwise it's a useless article likely written with little effort thus far. Perhaps the writer will stress out more over whether or not he should rank Virginia over Vanderbilt or something. In the end, I guarantee both of us will wind up ranked higher than #124 or #126, but I wouldn't count on a miracle season by any means.

Don't want a miracle season wasted on this year

04-23-2014 10:44 AM
Advertisement

pjc1979 Offline
Special Teams

(04-23-2014 10:44 AM)Check Yosef Wrote:  
(04-23-2014 10:41 AM)pjc1979 Wrote:  It's fun to talk about and good ammunition, but otherwise it's a useless article likely written with little effort thus far. Perhaps the writer will stress out more over whether or not he should rank Virginia over Vanderbilt or something. In the end, I guarantee both of us will wind up ranked higher than #124 or #126, but I wouldn't count on a miracle season by any means.

Don't want a miracle season wasted on this year

Good point, no post-season for either of us!
04-23-2014 10:46 AM
trueeagle98 Offline
1st String

I Root For: GS Eagles
problem is you have to do well multiple years in order to get a decent ranking. UL is close to cracking that top 25 (so is stAte), but if you start so low it just makes it harder to reach. You don't get the benefit of the doubt like some other schools get simply based on their prestige. So having a good to great year now will help even more with a follow up great year. Make some noise this year and then run riot next year (or hopefully multiple years).

I don't see either appy or GS finishing anywhere near this low and we will both have people talking about next season for sure. Expect great things, hope I'm not too disappointed.
04-23-2014 10:56 AM
pjc1979 Offline
Special Teams

A legitimate reason why many people feel the human ranking system is biased is because of just such issues. Particularly in the pre-season, reputation carries a big weight in polls and rankings. It takes a lot to overcome, but consistency is key to respectability. It will take time to build at the FBS level.
04-23-2014 11:04 AM
Advertisement

panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
I think FSU was ranked 15th last year so....
04-23-2014 11:23 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
FloridaJag Offline
All American

I Root For: USA, FSU, and UWF
Exclamation RE: Georgia Southern FBS Ranking
(04-23-2014 11:23 AM)panama Wrote:  I think FSU was ranked 15th last year so....

You did not mention that Georgia State is ranked 128th

FIU .. 127th

App State... 126th

Hawaii ...... 125th
04-23-2014 02:00 PM
Florida Red Wolf Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Arkansas State
(04-23-2014 10:56 AM)trueeagle98 Wrote:  problem is you have to do well multiple years in order to get a decent ranking. UL is close to cracking that top 25 (so is stAte), but if you start so low it just makes it harder to reach. You don't get the benefit of the doubt like some other schools get simply based on their prestige. So having a good to great year now will help even more with a follow up great year. Make some noise this year and then run riot next year (or hopefully multiple years).

I don't see either appy or GS finishing anywhere near this low and we will both have people talking about next season for sure. Expect great things, hope I'm not too disappointed.

I would agree if your coaches had stayed and the triple option was your offense. With the changes you have, I do expect you to be 95+ this season. Believe you will see a big difference with your offense.
04-23-2014 02:27 PM
Advertisement

The4thOption Offline
1st String

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
(04-23-2014 02:27 PM)Florida Red Wolf Wrote:  
(04-23-2014 10:56 AM)trueeagle98 Wrote:  problem is you have to do well multiple years in order to get a decent ranking. UL is close to cracking that top 25 (so is stAte), but if you start so low it just makes it harder to reach. You don't get the benefit of the doubt like some other schools get simply based on their prestige. So having a good to great year now will help even more with a follow up great year. Make some noise this year and then run riot next year (or hopefully multiple years).

I would agree if your coaches had stayed and the triple option was your offense. With the changes you have, I do expect you to be 95+ this season. Believe you will see a big difference with your offense.

I know what you mean. As much as I'm behind Coach Fritz, I can't help but sulk over losing our 3-O for this transition. I just shake my head and think "If only".

Maybe we will win a bunch anyway - Hope so.
04-23-2014 07:08 PM
GSUsTALON Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Ga.Southern
(04-23-2014 07:08 PM)The4thOption Wrote:  
(04-23-2014 02:27 PM)Florida Red Wolf Wrote:  

I know what you mean. As much as I'm behind Coach Fritz, I can't help but sulk over losing our 3-O for this transition. I just shake my head and think "If only".

Maybe we will win a bunch anyway - Hope so.

I feel your pain,The4thOption! Giving up on the Spread Triple Option not only upset me but has me worried. Now we will be running the semi-secret Quad Option. My, my Sun Belt, beware the Quad!05-mafia04-cheers
04-24-2014 03:56 AM
FloridaJag Offline
All American

I Root For: USA, FSU, and UWF
04-24-2014 01:06 PM
Advertisement

GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
Just hope this is not the beginning of three coach roulette for GS. That was a miserable time for you guys.
Doubt it is, but have to think of the black hole period.
04-24-2014 03:04 PM
eaglewraith Online
Heisman

I Root For: GA Southern
(04-24-2014 03:04 PM)GoApps70 Wrote:  Just hope this is not the beginning of three coach roulette for GS. That was a miserable time for you guys.
Doubt it is, but have to think of the black hole period.

Totally different situation.
04-24-2014 04:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.