CSNbbs
Hell Officially Freezes over in 7 days - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Hell Officially Freezes over in 7 days (/thread-859887.html)

Hell Officially Freezes over in 7 days - chiefsfan - 10-06-2018 12:41 AM

Arkansas will play AT Little Rock in an exhibition baseball game on Friday October 12th. (NCAA is allowing 2 exhibition baseball games each fall now)

Trojans put roughly 1200 or so tickets on sale for the event. They sold out in less than 72 hours.

First time Arkansas has ever played a regularly scheduled game in any sport against an instate school in like 50 something years (Including scrimmages. This does not include the WNIT game at AState, or a could other notable postseason games) As preparation, temperatures in Hell are expected to be reaching record lows next week. Lucifer has already ordered a few extra space heaters via Amazon Prime to keep the residents warm. (I could make a Frank Broyles joke here, but it probably wouldn't be warmly appreciated)

https://lrtrojans.com/news/2018/10/4/october-12-baseball-exhibition-officially-sold-out.aspx

RE: Hell Officially Freezes over in 7 days - chiefsfan - 10-06-2018 12:48 AM

In what I have to hope is a cruel joke. The Trojans athletic department is going to make everyone park over at their basketball arena and walk the few blocks to the baseball stadium for the game.

If anyone hasn't heard the running jokes by now, the Little Rock campus is in the middle of one of the worst neighborhoods in the city. It's not exactly a place where you'd go for a friendly jog.

RE: Hell Officially Freezes over in 7 days - OsageJ - 10-06-2018 04:06 AM

(10-06-2018 12:48 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  In what I have to hope is a cruel joke. The Trojans athletic department is going to make everyone park over at their basketball arena and walk the few blocks to the baseball stadium for the game.

If anyone hasn't heard the running jokes by now, the Little Rock campus is in the middle of one of the worst neighborhoods in the city. It's not exactly a place where you'd go for a friendly jog.

Not to worry. All the gang members will be cheering the pigs. You know birds of a feather and stuff.

RE: Hell Officially Freezes over in 7 days - Usajags - 10-07-2018 08:39 AM

Really surprised this game is taking place at LR baseball stadium and not at the minor league park in North Little Rock. Call it a home game for LR but put it off campus in a nicer stadium.

RE: Hell Officially Freezes over in 7 days - chiefsfan - 10-07-2018 04:38 PM

(10-07-2018 08:39 AM)Usajags Wrote:  Really surprised this game is taking place at LR baseball stadium and not at the minor league park in North Little Rock. Call it a home game for LR but put it off campus in a nicer stadium.

Couldn't be moved off campus without NCAA, SBC, and SEC approval since its a scrimmage. Plus, that place is dang expensive.

RE: Hell Officially Freezes over in 7 days - Kittonhead - 10-12-2018 06:10 AM

Dumb not to play in-state when it benefits the state economy when doing so.

07-coffee3

RE: Hell Officially Freezes over in 7 days - chiefsfan - 10-15-2018 12:30 AM

Piglets won 11-2. 1300 was the announced attendance. The Sun did indeed rise the next morning. Little Rock media force fed everyone the most smug looking Dave Van Horn ever (Van Horn has been a very vocal opponent of "the policy" over his time there) talking about how great the game was for the state.

Two teams have announced a Volleyball match in Fayetteville next season as well. Its expected they will play in Men's basketball as well. (There's a fat chance in hell they'll ever play in Women's basketball unfortunately)

As a reminder, the change in policy exists only for games against Little Rock. Arkansas has already said many times they will not play AState or UCA.

RE: Hell Officially Freezes over in 7 days - WinstonTheWolf - 10-15-2018 06:51 AM

When Van Horn was hired he called up stAte's baseball coach and tried to schedule the Red Wolves. Our coach told him you better check with your boss. He was clueless to the lunacy.

RE: Hell Officially Freezes over in 7 days - BlueBird10 - 05-02-2019 04:17 PM

(10-06-2018 12:41 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Arkansas will play AT Little Rock in an exhibition baseball game on Friday October 12th. (NCAA is allowing 2 exhibition baseball games each fall now)

Trojans put roughly 1200 or so tickets on sale for the event. They sold out in less than 72 hours.

First time Arkansas has ever played a regularly scheduled game in any sport against an instate school in like 50 something years (Including scrimmages. This does not include the WNIT game at AState, or a could other notable postseason games) As preparation, temperatures in Hell are expected to be reaching record lows next week. Lucifer has already ordered a few extra space heaters via Amazon Prime to keep the residents warm. (I could make a Frank Broyles joke here, but it probably wouldn't be warmly appreciated)

https://lrtrojans.com/news/2018/10/4/october-12-baseball-exhibition-officially-sold-out.aspx

So this is pretty big then right?!

https://fbschedules.com/arkansas-host-arkansas-pine-bluff-2021-2024/

Edit: Is it because UAPB is a part of the University of Arkansas system?

RE: Hell Officially Freezes over in 7 days - RamblinRedWolf - 05-02-2019 04:19 PM

Very much so (definitely a big ole ''F'' you to astate too lol)

(05-02-2019 04:17 PM)BlueBird10 Wrote:  
(10-06-2018 12:41 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Arkansas will play AT Little Rock in an exhibition baseball game on Friday October 12th. (NCAA is allowing 2 exhibition baseball games each fall now)

RE: Hell Officially Freezes over in 7 days - BlueBird10 - 05-02-2019 04:26 PM

(05-02-2019 04:19 PM)RamblinRedWolf Wrote:  Very much so (definitely a big ole ''F'' you to astate too lol)

I thought it may allude to the potential of a future game between stAte and Arkansas...an opening of the gates so to speak. I remember reading that about them (that they refuse to play you in ANYTHING) and thought it was nuts...UGAg at least plays us in most sports.

RE: Hell Officially Freezes over in 7 days - chiefsfan - 05-02-2019 09:05 PM

(05-02-2019 04:26 PM)BlueBird10 Wrote:  
(05-02-2019 04:19 PM)RamblinRedWolf Wrote:  Very much so (definitely a big ole ''F'' you to astate too lol)

I thought it may allude to the potential of a future game between stAte and Arkansas...an opening of the gates so to speak. I remember reading that about them (that they refuse to play you in ANYTHING) and thought it was nuts...UGAg at least plays us in most sports.

Arkansas has felt pressure from its own fans to play instate teams instead of spending tons of cash to bring in other G5's and FCS teams. They never have any intention of playing us (or UCA for that matter) but paying lip service to Little Rock and UAPB is supposed to be able to pacify the natives while using the "in system" logic to keep those in state who are especially against playing AState in anything happy.

I don't anticipate a game happening any time soon. There's little incentive from either side, and still a lot of bad blood.

RE: Hell Officially Freezes over in 7 days - DoubletapWolf - 05-03-2019 09:20 AM

The Game (Hogs vs Red Wolves) is coming . . Hogs Football after 70 plus years finally schedules an In-State Football Game. Bobby Swofford (5 News Sports, Ft Smith/Fayetteville) stated this week that for now the Hogs will not play A-State and UCA. He stated that many Hog Fans did not think the Hogs would play an In-state Football Game in their lifetime, but times are changing in Arkansas.

Twitter Comments . . Fans generally favor The Game . . . https://twitter.com/RazorbackFB/status/1123656815701524480

RE: Hell Officially Freezes over in 7 days - JoeJag - 05-03-2019 11:22 AM

The "times" might be achanging in Arkansas, but definitely not in Alabama. In football, Bama refuses to play South, UAB or Troy. Not even the FCS schools such as Samford, Alabama State or Alabama A&M. They won't play the Jaguars in basketball as we once beat them in Atlanta's Omni in a first round NCAA tourney game.

RE: Hell Officially Freezes over in 7 days - Yosef84 - 05-03-2019 12:11 PM

(05-02-2019 09:05 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(05-02-2019 04:26 PM)BlueBird10 Wrote:  

Arkansas has felt pressure from its own fans to play instate teams instead of spending tons of cash to bring in other G5's and FCS teams. They never have any intention of playing us (or UCA for that matter) but paying lip service to Little Rock and UAPB is supposed to be able to pacify the natives while using the "in system" logic to keep those in state who are especially against playing AState in anything happy.

I don't anticipate a game happening any time soon. There's little incentive from either side, and still a lot of bad blood.

I'm sure you know this and are just using the reference to identify another group of schools, but there is no FCS in baseball. It's a football only designation. There are some VERY good baseball programs at schools sponsoring FCS football. Coastal Carolina was technically still an "FCS" school when they won the national championship.

RE: Hell Officially Freezes over in 7 days - _x_ - 05-03-2019 01:21 PM

I think he's specifically referencing football there.

Arkansas' 2021 non-conference schedule is Missouri State, UAPB, Georgia southern, and Tulane. Real tough (no offense GS, I'm alluding more to playing two FCS teams).

RE: Hell Officially Freezes over in 7 days - Yosef Himself - 05-03-2019 02:52 PM

(05-03-2019 01:21 PM)_x_ Wrote:  I think he's specifically referencing football there.

Arkansas' 2021 non-conference schedule is Missouri State, UAPB, Georgia southern, and Tulane. Real tough (no offense GS, I'm alluding more to playing two FCS teams).

And two cupcake FCS teams, at that.