CSNbbs
Dildy gone - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: WACbbs (/forum-376.html)
+--- Thread: Dildy gone (/thread-845407.html)

Pages: 1 2

Dildy gone - CrimsonPhantom - 03-12-2018 06:44 PM

Quote:HoopDirt.com has learned that Chicago State has parted ways with head basketball coach Tracy Dildy.

Dildy had been the head coach at CSU for the past eight seasons where he compiled a 55-200 record including 3-29 (1-13 WAC) this season.

https://hoopdirt.com/di-dirt-chicago-state-parts-ways-head-basketball-coach-tracy-dildy/

Besides needing a new MBB HC, Chicago State will also need a new AD, as Dildy was Still the Interim.

RE: Dildy gone - Raider_Lope - 03-12-2018 06:57 PM

Hard to see a school keeping a coach for 8 years with only 55 wins tonshownfor it. Did he ever have a winning season? How many seasons with 10 wins or more?

RE: Dildy gone - CrimsonPhantom - 03-12-2018 07:04 PM

(03-12-2018 06:57 PM)Raider_Lope Wrote:  Hard to see a school keeping a coach for 8 years with only 55 wins tonshownfor it. Did he ever have a winning season? How many seasons with 10 wins or more?

Only two seasons above 10 wins, never a winning season.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tracy_Dildy

RE: Dildy gone - NMSUPistolPete - 03-12-2018 07:19 PM

I'm not sure Chicago State can do better than Dildy with their small budget. Taking the Chicago State job could be a career killer for any future applicants.

RE: Dildy gone - RoosHouse - 03-12-2018 07:42 PM

99k? Who you going to get?

RE: Dildy gone - Lopes87 - 03-12-2018 07:48 PM

for 99k you are looking at guys at public high schools in the Chi area more than likely.

RE: Dildy gone - SoCalBobcat78 - 03-12-2018 08:06 PM

They need a real athletic director. I knew Dildy was in trouble after the Northwestern game. Being down 55-8 at halftime to Northwestern is hard to explain. A Northwestern team that was 15-17. Let the AD find the next head coach. Someone from the Chicago area that is looking for an opportunity to coach at the D1 level and can work with a limited budget.

RE: Dildy gone - SeattleVandals - 03-12-2018 08:43 PM

Making the CIT after winning the Great West was the only good thing he did. That and be loyal to the program. What a mess to clean up. You need to look at public HS/AAU names to be the coach. So much talent in the area, find someone who can get them there

RE: Dildy gone - NotANewbie - 03-12-2018 08:55 PM

(03-12-2018 07:19 PM)NMSUPistolPete Wrote:  I'm not sure Chicago State can do better than Dildy with their small budget. Taking the Chicago State job could be a career killer for any future applicants.

Rick Pitino told ESPN he wants to coach again, whether it's in college or the NBA.

RE: Dildy gone - joshadam84 - 03-12-2018 08:59 PM

With his record over the years, I understand the firing. But in all fairness, he was never given a chance to succeed. Limited budget (understatement) and serving as the AD.. literally no chance. The first year in the WAC they actually had a decent budget and they finished in the top half. Right after that is when the State of Illinois issues started happening..

I agree with SoCal that they need to put their focus on an AD, and then let that AD hire the coach. Honestly, might as well part ways with Coach Jackson as well. They really need an AD who can reach out to the community and sponsors to try and gain some revenue.

Guess we’ll see what happens!

RE: Dildy gone - NotANewbie - 03-12-2018 09:59 PM

(03-12-2018 08:59 PM)joshadam84 Wrote:  With his record over the years, I understand the firing. But in all fairness, he was never given a chance to succeed. Limited budget (understatement) and serving as the AD.. literally no chance. The first year in the WAC they actually had a decent budget and they finished in the top half. Right after that is when the State of Illinois issues started happening..

I agree with SoCal that they need to put their focus on an AD, and then let that AD hire the coach. Honestly, might as well part ways with Coach Jackson as well. They really need an AD who can reach out to the community and sponsors to try and gain some revenue.

Guess we’ll see what happens!

There's loads of money in the Chicago area, but it goes to 57 other places and not to Chicago State.

RE: Dildy gone - Stugray2 - 03-13-2018 02:04 PM

They have no budget to pay either a coach or AD. All the coaches were on reduced salaries last year. Athletics is 96% funded by enrollment (fees and tuition) as literally the school has had zero donations. Student enrollment is project to drop another 300 or so to just under 2700 this fall. Which means the money available for Athletics will drop another 10% or so this coming year, if not 20% to catch up with last years drop in enrollment. (Of course the decline could continue at the current pace and attendance drop to 2500 or lower, full time drop from 1900 to 1500)

Yes they need an AD, and yes they need a coach. But can they even hire one? Can they even pay their salary?

The decline at Chicago State started before the budget issues, some four years before. The budget probably accelerated the process, but it was not the root cause for the steep declines (decline surged from 10-12% to 20% for those years). Sure dropping to 75-80% enrollment could be blamed on budget. But we are talking about dropping to 25-30% of peak. That is why having budgets has barely slowed the decline down.

This will be interesting to see how that gets filled. They are also looking for a President ... again (There is a rumor Angela Henderson will likely inherit the presidency ... that would be even worse than Cecil Lucy).

RE: Dildy gone - PojoaquePosse - 03-13-2018 03:41 PM

I feel for the guy. Pure class but I understand the move. I hope this is springboard to a much better situation for Dildy. He deserves better.

RE: Dildy gone - CountDooku - 03-13-2018 09:59 PM

(03-13-2018 03:41 PM)PojoaquePosse Wrote:  I feel for the guy. Pure class but I understand the move. I hope this is springboard to a much better situation for Dildy. He deserves better.

My feelings exactly, and hopefully Chicago State manages to fins a diamond in the rough for their new coach and AD. (Might as well toss the president too).

RE: Dildy gone - RunnerBall - 03-14-2018 03:03 PM

I too hope CSU can SOMEHOW find ways to survive and even succeed.

RE: Dildy gone - NMSUPistolPete - 03-14-2018 03:14 PM

According Verbal Commits, JC point guard Darrell Riley Jr. decommitted from Chicago State... probably because Dildy is now gone.

http://verbalcommits.com/conferences/wac

RE: Dildy gone - joshadam84 - 03-14-2018 06:04 PM

Riley Jr was known to be a scorer too. Kezo Brown also decommitted. He was a 3-Star recruit.

RE: Dildy gone - SeattleVandals - 03-14-2018 06:14 PM

Too bad about Kezo. Could have been the spark to get CSU going

RE: Dildy gone - SoCalBobcat78 - 03-15-2018 04:56 PM

Chicago State has fired both the men's and women's head basketball coach. According to the Chicago Crusader, they are interested in hiring former NBA star Mark Aguirre as their new Head Coach:

https://chicagocrusader.com/chicago-state-fires-womens-and-mens-basketball-coaches/

They are interested in hiring Tamika Catchings as the new women's Head Coach. She was an Olympic star and WNBA MVP.

RE: Dildy gone - CrimsonPhantom - 03-15-2018 05:09 PM

(03-15-2018 04:56 PM)SoCalBobcat78 Wrote:  Chicago State has fired both the men's and women's head basketball coach. According to the Chicago Crusader, they are interested in hiring former NBA star Mark Aguirre as their new Head Coach:

https://chicagocrusader.com/chicago-state-fires-womens-and-mens-basketball-coaches/

They are interested in hiring Tamika Catchings as the new women's Head Coach. She was an Olympic star and WNBA MVP.

So they'll hire the coach's but no AD.