CSNbbs
Compher out at ECU - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois (/forum-468.html)
+----- Thread: Compher out at ECU (/thread-845092.html)

Compher out at ECU - Dtownboys - 03-10-2018 02:50 AM

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/22703529/east-carolina-pirates-ad-jeff-compher-step-1

RE: Compher out at ECU - NIUHuskie4life - 03-10-2018 07:50 AM

Jiff Comphers lol. I wonder where he lands next? I-AA school?

RE: Compher out at ECU - HuskieDave - 03-10-2018 08:26 AM

As I recall, one of the reasons he took the ECU job five years ago was to move to the Carolinas, as it was the area in which he planned to retire. He may just have had his retirement date moved up.

He is about 60 years old and will be paid $1.26M over the next five years by ECU, so financially he is well covered. His severance package is roughly 50% of what he was contractually scheduled to make under his contract which still had 5 years to run. He was making $435,000/year under his current contract.

RE: Compher out at ECU - OldTtimeNIU - 03-10-2018 10:34 AM

Maybe we should start a Go Fund Me for him

RE: Compher out at ECU - bikechuck - 03-10-2018 02:33 PM

I will always appreciate Ol Jiff for the excellent job he did with getting the Chessick Center built. His biggest disappointment for me was his football scheduling. I did like his scheduling an occasional Saturday afternoon game at Soldier Field. My wife and I always enjoyed attending those games and spending the weekend in Chicago.

He has certainly put himself and his family on a solid financial footing and if he chooses he can have a wonderful stress free retirement. I wish him nothing but the best.

RE: Compher out at ECU - niu79 - 03-10-2018 06:34 PM

Jiff good: Hired Dave Doeren and got the indoor facility built.

Jiff bad: Did not conduct a search for Doeren's replacement and liked to schedule Idaho.

I will exempt him from the Montgomery hire. Seemed like a solid get at the time.

RE: Compher out at ECU - NIU17 - 03-10-2018 09:22 PM

(03-10-2018 06:34 PM)niu79 Wrote:  Jiff good: Hired Dave Doeren and got the indoor facility built.

Jiff bad: Did not conduct a search for Doeren's replacement and liked to schedule Idaho.

I will exempt him from the Montgomery hire. Seemed like a solid get at the time.

The Nebraska scheduling was viewed as bad at first, but since we won there last year and they pay us handsomely to play there, how is it viewed now?