CSNbbs
Lopes Baseball - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: WACbbs (/forum-376.html)
+---- Forum: WAC West Division (/forum-1008.html)
+----- Forum: Grand Canyon (/forum-988.html)
+----- Thread: Lopes Baseball (/thread-843241.html)

Lopes Baseball - ProfScott - 02-19-2018 02:55 PM

Any Lopes baseball fans on here? Based on our first series against #7 ranked TCU, it looks like GCU has the potential to do well. We should have taken 2 out of 3 since Jake Wong had the first game wrapped up in a nice little bow for us but our relievers couldn't hold the lead in the ninth.
It was also nice to see over 3,000 plus fans at the grand opening of the new stadium on Friday.

RE: Lopes Baseball - gleadley - 02-20-2018 12:34 AM

Got out to the stadium opening night w/the fam. Great environment. Comfortable seats. Kid-friendly activities for the son. We'll definitely be to more games this season.

RE: Lopes Baseball - Brillio - 02-20-2018 06:16 PM

The team looks like it’ll be pretty good and should repeat as champs. Baseball will probably be the second gcu team to qualify for the ncaas- as I think softball will win the conference the week before the baseball tourney.

I saw they charged for Friday night’s game. How much was it? And it looks like it’ll lead to them charging for games next year.

RE: Lopes Baseball - ProfScott - 02-20-2018 09:13 PM

(02-20-2018 06:16 PM)Brillio Wrote:  The team looks like it’ll be pretty good and should repeat as champs. Baseball will probably be the second gcu team to qualify for the ncaas- as I think softball will win the conference the week before the baseball tourney.

I saw they charged for Friday night’s game. How much was it? And it looks like it’ll lead to them charging for games next year.
I was at Friday night's game and there was no charge. I do not think they plan to charge for admission this year. Not sure about future seasons.

RE: Lopes Baseball - Brillio - 02-20-2018 09:42 PM

Oh serious? I thought I read on the school website that games this year are free except for the February 16th game.

RE: Lopes Baseball - ProfScott - 02-20-2018 10:57 PM

(02-20-2018 09:42 PM)Brillio Wrote:  Oh serious? I thought I read on the school website that games this year are free except for the February 16th game.
The 16th was also free but you needed a ticket to get in. They just wanted to make sure that there would be enough seats for everyone. No tickets are needed for the rest of the games.