CSNbbs
Troy cancels game with Presbyterian - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Troy cancels game with Presbyterian (/thread-843237.html)

Troy cancels game with Presbyterian - Atlanta Trojan - 02-19-2018 01:39 PM

Apparently they are having scheduling issues and scholarship issues. Our game with this this year has been canceled and we have scheduled FAMU in its place

RE: Troy cancels game with Presbyterian - TheEagleWay - 02-19-2018 01:41 PM

We announced the same thing regarding Presbyterian for this year's game. I believe they are trying to move down in division.

RE: Troy cancels game with Presbyterian - Atlanta Trojan - 02-19-2018 01:42 PM

(02-19-2018 01:41 PM)TheEagleWay Wrote:  We announced the same thing regarding Presbyterian for this year's game. I believe they are trying to move down in division.

Who y’all getting in it’s place?

RE: Troy cancels game with Presbyterian - TheEagleWay - 02-19-2018 01:54 PM

(02-19-2018 01:42 PM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  
(02-19-2018 01:41 PM)TheEagleWay Wrote:  We announced the same thing regarding Presbyterian for this year's game. I believe they are trying to move down in division.

Who y’all getting in it’s place?

South Carolina State

RE: Troy cancels game with Presbyterian - Hemi Man - 02-19-2018 02:48 PM

FAMU will draw better than Presbyterian. It’s a good trade off.

RE: Troy cancels game with Presbyterian - T-Dog - 02-19-2018 03:02 PM

Presby is moving to eliminate all football scholarships and join the Pioneer League (non-schollie D1 league) in the next couple years.

With increased scrutiny on FCS teams making the 90 percent threshold to be FBS counters, those who are skirting the line will be dropped.

RE: Troy cancels game with Presbyterian - TrueBlueDrew - 02-19-2018 03:13 PM

(02-19-2018 02:48 PM)Hemi Man Wrote:  FAMU will draw better than Presbyterian. It’s a good trade off.

Our fans would probably come out for either Presby or SC State the same, but SC State will travel better to Statesboro most likely. I'm not mad at all.

RE: Troy cancels game with Presbyterian - Atlanta Trojan - 02-19-2018 03:52 PM

(02-19-2018 02:48 PM)Hemi Man Wrote:  FAMU will draw better than Presbyterian. It’s a good trade off.

Oh ya for sure. Win win for us

RE: Troy cancels game with Presbyterian - GS99-00 - 02-19-2018 04:42 PM

(02-19-2018 01:39 PM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  Apparently they are having scheduling issues and scholarship issues. Our game with this this year has been canceled and we have scheduled FAMU in its place

PC is looking to join the Pioneer Football League, its FCS but it's a non-scholarship league.......they are starting their transitional period to get down to the correct scholarship level by 2020.

RE: Troy cancels game with Presbyterian - DawgNBama - 02-20-2018 05:27 AM

It’s better than them having to drop football altogether. That’s a plus for the players & the fans.

RE: Troy cancels game with Presbyterian - Tealblood - 02-20-2018 06:34 AM

Players who transfer are immediately eligible

RE: Troy cancels game with Presbyterian - AirRaidTrojan - 02-20-2018 04:26 PM

SWAC/MEAC halftime shows alone are worth the price of the ticket. Good add for the Trojans.

RE: Troy cancels game with Presbyterian - HerdZoned - 02-20-2018 06:23 PM

(02-20-2018 05:27 AM)DawgNBama Wrote:  It’s better than them having to drop football altogether. That’s a plus for the players & the fans.

Is it really, you would want to join and share a conference with Davidson football. A team that has had 5 winning seasons since it left the SoCon in 1985. Why schools like this keep football is beyond me.

RE: Troy cancels game with Presbyterian - McLeansvilleAppFan - 02-20-2018 08:39 PM

(02-20-2018 06:23 PM)HerdZoned Wrote:  
(02-20-2018 05:27 AM)DawgNBama Wrote:  It’s better than them having to drop football altogether. That’s a plus for the players & the fans.

Is it really, you would want to join and share a conference with Davidson football. A team that has had 5 winning seasons since it left the SoCon in 1985. Why schools like this keep football is beyond me.

I have a daughter that attends Davidson. I took in one Davidson football game this year. Tickets are easy to get. It is still college football and their alumni and fans were rooting for their team as much as I and my oldest daughter roots for App. Granted the smaller crowd is not as much fun as being in person at an App game, but it can still be enjoyable, and if you don't generally experience the energy of an App home game then you don't know what you are missing either.

And given the academics of Davidson it was nice having App have a connection to them while they were both in the SoCon. Though I wish all App sports were in the Sun Belt since we have to have wrestling in the SoCon it is nice to have that connection to Davidson still. As impractical at the NorPac field hockey conference was with teams on each coast having a connection to Cal-Berkeley was neat to have.

Davidson was rated at the VERY bottom of football this year in all of DI. They are not good and have not been good since the late 1960s but they have their fans and it is better than no football. You need only ask my Davidson daughter's twin sister that attends an all-women's college and has NO football. (Or ask someone from UNC-C how they feel about not having football.)

RE: Troy cancels game with Presbyterian - MissouriStateBears - 02-20-2018 08:53 PM

(02-20-2018 06:23 PM)HerdZoned Wrote:  

100 plus males paying tuition to a school.